PLEASE DELETE - NEW THREAD MADE

90 Worgen Druid
09/07/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Lissanna
I need to figure out how to do that so I can actually put mouseovers on some of my guide stuff. >.>

You can use either the sword icon, and then type in the item number, or you can type it out manually like this [item="ITEMNUMBER" /]

The item number is the number you find at the end of the link either from the wow database or on wowhead

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71086
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/71086
[item="71086" /x]
remove the x

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest

For glyphs and enchants, you want to make sure you find the link for the ITEM, as in the glyph itself or the enchant on a scroll, and not the spell. Sadly you can't link spells or talents, only items.
Edited by Eluial on 9/11/2012 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/11/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Lufitoom
It seems that in regular BGs, the sparkle druids are getting blown up because they look like healers to the kids that don't know how to tell yet. That won't be an issue in RBG/Arena but geesh.... Why chance it?

Good point - particularly as resto druids used to be easy kills :) I hadn't really thought about it along those lines... it's a case where its better to not be thought of as the other. If I ran regularly with a resto druid I could see that being an advantage to 'peel' for your healer. But I like being a chicken too, so time to unglyph that one for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You should be able to use the condition on the cancelform too - that way it won't kick you out of form if you healer died in the meantime. So:

Editied the macro :)

rPvP power increases your Healing and Damage done by a certain %. The healing portion is only active when you are in Arena or Battlegrounds.
Actually its always active except in PvE instances - i.e. dungeons and raids (and I assume scenarios). Slightly different, but allows for PvP power to still be of use in open world pvp.

Edited. I wasn't sure, it sounded weird to me on our character stat page..

They actually are. Although I guess they do so little damage that them benefitting from Solar probably won't make a difference =/

Do you have numbers to back that up? I've done a few tests and it LOOKS like it isn't affecting shrooms. I might be wrong though..

Great job putting this together but I highly disagree with the idea that the minor glyphs do not affect pvp.

This is all very true! I honestly only really think of Arena when i say PvP, but that's a very good point dude. Adding your ideas in for the minor glyphs.

Good point - particularly as resto druids used to be easy kills :) I hadn't really thought about it along those lines... it's a case where its better to not be thought of as the other. If I ran regularly with a resto druid I could see that being an advantage to 'peel' for your healer. But I like being a chicken too, so time to unglyph that one for me.

Honestly who doesn't love these silky feathers? ;)

I'm not a fan of the glyph personally. It makes me feel like shifting is just for our aura... meh..

As for being seen as a resto druid? Yeah i can understand that! Ironically i feel like tranquility isn't as noticeable if you cast it in moonkin form >:3

EDIT: Added Symbiosis section to the guide! Check it out =)
Edited by Nagoto on 9/12/2012 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I notice that you're running Disorienting Roar now rather than UV, Nagoto. Might want to update the OP with your reasoning. Personally I have been having fun with the moonkin toilet, but am having a lot of trouble when I get trained by melee, so I reckon I'll give DR a go.

Also, you should do the cleanup so it can get stickied ;-)

Also, bump.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I notice that you're running Disorienting Roar now rather than UV, Nagoto. Might want to update the OP with your reasoning

Vortex is currently bugged on live.. It's rather frustrating so I've been using Roar as of late - but I did find a few good tricks because of it! IE: You can use it on a DK with AMS or Rogue with Cloak up because it's physical.

Also, you should do the cleanup so it can get stickied ;-)

I'm slowly working on it! ^_^; IRL is extremely busy as of now but that is the plan! I'm debating if i should clean it up / finish the guide then re post it on my druid =/

Thanks for the input!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
(Item not found)

Test

GIRRR!!!

Attempt #2

Blood Elf's Belongings

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest

Can you not do spell tool tips? Just items? o_o
Edited by Nagoto on 9/14/2012 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
TSP
The Damage gain from PvP power is active all the time. The healing benefit from it is whats only active in BGs and arenas.

Ack! I wasn't aware. Thank you for the information. Updating now. I honestly have been dwelling on skill-capped more often then AJ as of late (The druid community on AJ sort of died mid Cata.. :( ) I'll start creeping there as well once again though =) Glad you liked the post!

The latest I have seen is that the healing aspects of PvP power are active all the time except in Dungeons and Raids. They said they wanted the healing part to work in world PvP.

Blue post on eu forum:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5299231191#8

Whenever you are attacking another player, PvP power will boost your damage done. Whereas PvP power only increases your healing done if you are not in a dungeon or raid. So in duels and world PvP, PvP gear will be better :)
Edited by Moghroith on 9/14/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The latest I have seen is that the healing aspects of PvP power are active all the time except in Dungeons and Raids. They said they wanted the healing part to work in world PvP.

Blue post on eu forum:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5299231191#8

Whenever you are attacking another player, PvP power will boost your damage done. Whereas PvP power only increases your healing done if you are not in a dungeon or raid. So in duels and world PvP, PvP gear will be better :)

Thanks for digging up the blue post! Different people were saying different things - I'm glad we got a 100% correct answer.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/14/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Nagoto
Can you not do spell tool tips? Just items? o_o

Correct. Which sucks :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Correct. Which sucks :(

Oh... well I feel like a 100% derp because I just spent the last 25min trying to figure out how to do it....

-Sigh-

Oh well haha
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, we can't get mouse-over spells tooltips. I need to complain about that at some point. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ego
Thank you for the guide :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ego
09/15/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Lissanna
Yeah, we can't get mouse-over spells tooltips. I need to complain about that at some point. ;)

That would be nice because I always get confused, especially with the new spells and it would be nice not to have to wowhead them everytime I'm trying to read a post :p
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thank you for the guide :D

No problem dude! Glad you liked it.

That would be nice because I always get confused, especially with the new spells and it would be nice not to have to wowhead them everytime I'm trying to read a post :p

If there is anything that isn't clear in the OP let me know and I'll do my best to clarify!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
EDIT:
- Made the Symbiosis section a bit neater.
-Cleaned up some grammar mistakes.
-Added a few new Tips N Tricks
-Stealth Bump :3
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Funny... I didn't see this thread at the top of the list?

FIX'D
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Bump. Please request for sticky as this is valuable info even if it is not 100% complete
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
3 bumps? Contribute to the thread, or don't post. This is not a bump. This is a PSA.

Question:
Reforging: Hit till 6% > Haste > Mastery > Crit

You didn't explain your stat priorities.

I run Hit>Crit>Mastery>Haste; I play a CD-based playstyle, and I wreck everyone. Haven't lost a duel outside Org yet, won many 2v1 fights, won even more 3v2 (random BG). Crit increases the likelihood for Rejuv and HT critting. Mastery is exceptional to my playstyle, of DOT everything, burst together. More SS procs = more pressure via damage output. Haste serves very little value beyond a breakpoint as Starsurge will almost never have a cast time with at least 4 DOTs rolling. My CC's don't need to be 0.2sec faster. I have tons more survivability and know how to bait a kick, juke, and use multiple spells to create a CC chain that effectively shuts down a player for 20sec--and I do them well (SB+Roots+Vortex, Roots+VortexGrip; + Cyclone, Cyclone).

Your playstyle may differ; if so, explain your playstyle and why it works for you. Haste is primary useless because I'm not hardcasting as often as I did in 4.3. Nearly all of our kills/pressure will be Starsurge-related, and my playstyle is designed around Starsurge/DOTs for those reasons.
Edited by Cyous on 9/19/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The reason there are three bumps is because the threads on this forum move so fast that this useful information can fall off the front page very quickly making it harder to find it. I know this because I couldn't find it for someone I was trying to help yesterday. If we could get this as a sticky we wouldn't have to bump it as frequently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]