[Balance] PvP Guide 5.0

(Sticky)

90 Troll Druid
Powershift macro:

/cast [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:2] !Aquatic Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; [stance:4] !Travel Form; [stance:5] !Moonkin Form; [stance:6] !Incarnation

Added =) This is strictly a Balance thread though so i'm going to leave out the incarnation aspect of it.

Thanks for the addition!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
How dare you post this on your mage!

But um, I'm kinda still a huge noob to this game and don't know much about macros, but I've used the focus macros you have listed (solar beam, roots, etc). But that only allows me to place them on my focus. If I have no focus, they do not work. I am really, really picky about how my UI looks, and I don't want to have spells listed twice on there (lol) so is there a way to have it so that if you have someone focused, it will cast on them, and if you do not, it will be cast on your target?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
How dare you post this on your mage!

-Crys- I"M SORRRRYYY!!!

But um, I'm kinda still a huge noob to this game and don't know much about macros, but I've used the focus macros you have listed (solar beam, roots, etc). But that only allows me to place them on my focus. If I have no focus, they do not work. I am really, really picky about how my UI looks, and I don't want to have spells listed twice on there (lol) so is there a way to have it so that if you have someone focused, it will cast on them, and if you do not, it will be cast on your target?

Oh there is 100% a way to do this =D

I just have no idea how.. Ermm..

HOLD

ON!

~~~~Runs to google~~~

/cast [target=focus,exists] Cyclone; [target=target, noexists]
/cast Cyclone

Maybe?

or..

/cast [target=focus,exists][target=target, noexists] Cyclone

I'm not at home atm so I can't test them =/

Or you could try with a modifier.

#showtooltip silencing shot
/use [mod:shift,@focus] Cyclone
/use [nomod,@target] Cyclone

-Slump-

Well lemme know if those work =) If not i'll do some more digging! =3
Edited by Nagoto on 9/21/2012 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
/cast Cyclone

That one worked! Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
That one worked! Thank you!

Happy to help! =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

/cast Cyclone

EEEEwwwwwwwwwww !

That second set of conditions is just left dangling to do nothing.. and well there is almost no reason to ever have the same spell listed twice in the same macro.

/cast [@focus,exists,nodead][] Cyclone

will do what you want. Basically if you have a focus target and they aren't dead then cast it is on them, otherwise use the default behavior (so cast on your target).

Or you could try with a modifier.

#showtooltip silencing shot
/use [mod:shift,@focus] Cyclone
/use [nomod,@target] Cyclone

Same as above you can just stick that on one line, but also note you can actually do that without the need for a macro these days - if you go into your Interface -> Game tab -> Combat -> Focus Cast Key.

Note if you use something like bartender you may need to check your options to ensure that you aren't excluding the modifier etc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh, hey, it got stickied, and I learned who your druid was. Hah. That explains a bit of confusion from a while ago.

More formatting required then, aye?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Sorry I havn't been posting!

Been busy fighting for sever first druid, gear - rep farm (<3 my ADORIBLE wind serpent <3 ) PET BATTLES ect ect ect. Still have some more gearing before my raid tomorrow ~_~; Shoulders won't drop....

ANY-HOO!

That second set of conditions is just left dangling to do nothing.. and well there is almost no reason to ever have the same spell listed twice in the same macro.

Sorry ^^; Not the best at macros - smashing ally is more my thing ;) Thanks for the assistance!

Oh, hey, it got stickied, and I learned who your druid was. Hah. That explains a bit of confusion from a while ago.

Yes sir! Thanks for the support.

More formatting required then, aye?

If you're up for it! =)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blargh. Too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it in :| I'll see what I can get done over the next week.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Blargh. Too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it in :| I'll see what I can get done over the next week.

Thanks dude - much appreciated! =D leading our first 10man tonight.. should be interesting..

EDIT:

10man went well! First boss down, second boss pushed to P3 consistently. We'll get em Friday! I had to heal though which was interesting..

~~~!!!I finally added the Gems and Enchants sections!!~~~~

Enchants are giving me an issue for some reason though. the ones that you learn from a trainer are coming up [Item not Found] yet the leg / shoulder /belt buckle work (Which are also from a trainer I think).
Edited by Nagoto on 10/3/2012 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Umm, so, like, how does a boomkin even go about contemplating the downfall of a shadow priest? Many people I've spoken with seem to think that it's possible, even easily doable if one is skilled enough, but I cannot for the life of me even fathom how this is done, given our toolset.

They seem to have a counter for almost every trick up our sleeve. Between chain fears, silences, flash heals that can bring them from 20% to 70% in a few casts, and then a damage immunity to boot, just in case you manage to line up everything nicely to throw in their faces. In all my 1v1 world pvp experience here so far in mop (and I've had quite a few already, pesky frostmourne allies >.>), spriests are the one class I regularly struggle with. Most battles end in either one of us running away, mostly me though, but also a fair few times the spriest, and of those where there's a victor, it's, well, not me often enough xD.

What I currently do is

1) Stay the hell out of melee range (I save typhoon for when he manages to close the gap between us. I've tried saving this instead for his flash heal spam, but I find the gcd it costs me to make it not worth using, as he just suffers a knockback and then resumes his healing about a gcd later too.
2) Nature's grasp when his fiend appears.
3) Solar beam + Vortex when he starts to hard cast mind blast. If I don't do this and try to save beam for something else, I don't last very long :(. Entangling roots when he gets pulled back into the beam, and I use that brief period of him being silenced to top myself off and throw up some hots.
4) Moonfire/Sunfire spam for the most part. When I stop to hardcast he comes in and pops his fear.
5) When I get low I pop stampeding roar, run the hell away, and spam insat rejuvs to heal myself. I typically also use astral communion during this period to get me to whatever Eclipse is closest.
6) Pop cds after his first Silence. I think it might be best to pop them after he's used his defensives instead, but I find that if i don't use them, he doesn't get low enough to need to use his defensives =/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Umm, so, like, how does a boomkin even go about contemplating the downfall of a shadow priest? Many people I've spoken with seem to think that it's possible, even easily doable if one is skilled enough, but I cannot for the life of me even fathom how this is done, given our toolset.

Sorry to disappoint buuut - 1v1 against a spriest is 100% a stalemate right now. You seem to be doing everything right in your description but you won't end up killing each other. Hybrid healing is just to strong. Neither one will oom either. It's just a never ending back n fourth.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I finally found the macro that targets your Mushrooms and charges one of them.

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/target Wild Mushroom
/stopmacro [noexists]
/target=target
/stopmacro [noexists, harm]
/cancelform
/cast Wild Charge

Tested and Bootsy approved!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I finally found the macro that targets your Mushrooms and charges one of them.

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/target Wild Mushroom
/stopmacro [noexists]
/target=target
/stopmacro [noexists, harm]
/cancelform
/cast Wild Charge

Tested and Bootsy approved!

Double tested by Nago so I'm 200% happy with this! Awesome. Added it to the OP.

Thanks bootsy. You're now 20% cooler. <3
Edited by Nagoto on 10/11/2012 6:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I was a little surprised to see the comments about worgen druids by the OP.

Worgen - is the least useful out of the bunch, increased critical strike and a ghetto-dash called Darkflight.

Yet you go on to say that critical strike is our most important secondary stat. A bit of a conflict there.

The dash, is quite frankly, amazing. Not only is it useful for getting away from the enemy, it can also be used in certain situations to help win games (I have personally capped many flags as well as regrabbed flags before enemy can cap thanks to this ability)...and it stacks with Travel Form.

I also play a Tauren druid and while I have always believed that War Stomp wins games...and it has...I often find myself wanting the sprint.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
how exactly does the focus arena 1-3 macro work?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I was a little surprised to see the comments about worgen druids by the OP.

Worgen - is the least useful out of the bunch, increased critical strike and a ghetto-dash called Darkflight.

Yet you go on to say that critical strike is our most important secondary stat. A bit of a conflict there.

The dash, is quite frankly, amazing. Not only is it useful for getting away from the enemy, it can also be used in certain situations to help win games (I have personally capped many flags as well as regrabbed flags before enemy can cap thanks to this ability)...and it stacks with Travel Form.

I also play a Tauren druid and while I have always believed that War Stomp wins games...and it has...I often find myself wanting the sprint.

I did the race section before 5.0 so you're correct about the crit being more attractive now. I'll update that section - though it does just come down to personal preference. I'd say shadowmeld is the best due to what you can pull off with it.. buttt here I am a Troll because my friends are horde side *Shrug*. It isn't game breaking either way but thank you for pointing that out! Fixing now.

how exactly does the focus arena 1-3 macro work?

If you're looking at Gladius (Or the WoW Arena Frames) on the right side of your screen in a match - the top person is 1, middle is 2 and bottom is 3.

Lets say you're fighting PMR (and for simplicity it's in that order - priest first mage 2nd rogue 3rd). You're opening on the mage - and that pesky rogue comes out and opens on your healer. Now you want to cyclone him! How do you target him? You can: Tab through targets to him (Largley a time waster, especially against pet teams or against shamans.) Click on him (annoying) or click on his Arena frame - either gladius or the default wow arena frame. Also annoying.

With the arena focus macros all you would have to do is: Hit the keybinding for arena 3 (In this case the rogue) then hit Focus Cyclone. Want to root beam the priest? Focus Arena 1 > Focus Root > Focus Solar Beam. All without losing your main kill target! =)

This is just how I personally have my key-bindings set up. If you have a more comfortable way for you - stick with it! It all comes down to preference.
Reply Quote
can follow this guide all we want we still will get snapped thats why i rolled resto balanced druids are just crap at pvp or play my shammy / mage
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Restokin
can follow this guide all we want we still will get snapped thats why i rolled resto balanced druids are just crap at pvp or play my shammy / mage

If you think Eles are better than a Boomkin I'm afraid it's user error.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/20/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Restokin

Honestly it seems like you aren't that good at balance basicly..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]