[Balance] PvP Guide 5.0

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Druid
10/20/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Restokin
can follow this guide all we want we still will get snapped thats why i rolled resto balanced druids are just crap at pvp or play my shammy / mage

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Balance is boss in pvp, you just have to play a lot more creative then most classes. Nothing even comes close to matching my dps/damage in rbgs/bgs (given equal up time on enemy). With that said don't let this troll steer you away from balance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone else finding that gemming straight pvp power, except in the helmet, is the way to go?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Sorry I have not been very active on the fourms lately. Trapped out of state ATM due to the hurricane with just my iPad (which is insanely annoying to post on....) any-whoo....

can follow this guide all we want we still will get snapped thats why i rolled resto balanced druids are just crap at pvp or play my shammy / mage

Honestly dude, I can type out 50 pages but at the end of the day - nothing replaces skill and experience. If it's worth it to you then keep at it! If you work at something you WILL improve. If balance just isn't something you enjoy enough to improve at that is fine dude. It's not for everyone.

But - no matter the class or role you play. If you don't put in the time and effort to improve you will never go far. You won't find serious partners if you yourself are not serious as well.

Anyone else finding that gemming straight pvp power, except in the helmet, is the way to go?

Honestly I'm NOT good at math. I know there is a point where 2 pvp power is a greater gain than 1 int. When that point is- now, or later seasons I'm not sure. If you have the time try both! Get some logs and lemme know. Really curious about the results.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Is there a way to devise a macro whose tooltip changes depending on what talent you have in a tier?

Currently, I use a very simple one.

/cast Ursol's Vortex
/cast Mighty Bash
/cast Disorienting Roar

This does get the job done, although I'd prefer it if the tooltip of the macro also showed the spell it is that you have, and hence also its cd.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Is there a way to devise a macro whose tooltip changes depending on what talent you have in a tier?

/cast Ursol's Vortex
/cast Mighty Bash
/cast Disorienting Roar

This does get the job done, although I'd prefer it if the tooltip of the macro also showed the spell it is that you have, and hence also its cd.

I'm pretty sure you would just have to swap it each time haha.. If you just do #tooltip. I think it will only display the top one. In that case vortex. :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd like to make a slight but very important change to your Wild Charge > Shroom macro:

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/target Wild Mushroom
/stopmacro [noexists]
/target=target
/stopmacro [noexists, harm]
/cancelform
/cast Wild Charge
/targetlasttarget

By Adding the last line in "/targetlasttarget" it allows you to always keep your target on whoever your focusing!

-Swiftly
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
By Adding the last line in "/targetlasttarget" it allows you to always keep your target on whoever your focusing!

-Swiftly

Added! Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Im planning on having a live tutorial Stream tonight after our raid to help out anyone that needs to know forging/spec/rotation/etc :) contributing to help out//check out my thread in the druid forums in here, dnt wanna spam linking.
Edited by Benskibro on 11/11/2012 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

/cast Ursol's Vortex
/cast Mighty Bash
/cast Disorienting Roar

Try this macro:
#showtooltip
/use Mighty Bash
/use Disorienting Roar
/use Ursol's Vortex
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("DruidT5", G"Disorienting Roar" or G"Ursol's Vortex" or "Mighty Bash")

Credit to dennisdkramer at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1223154-Macro-spring-cleaning
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
My Tutorial is up in my twitch.tv/benskicuz .... Its a pretty good introduction to rotation/reforging/etc. I had alot of problems learning so I kow how it feels in the beginning. So yea check it out when you guys have time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/11/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Benskibro
My Tutorial is up in my twitch.tv/benskicuz .... Its a pretty good introduction to rotation/reforging/etc. I had alot of problems learning so I kow how it feels in the beginning. So yea check it out when you guys have time.

I'm torn between asking people to not advertise in the thread - and thanking you for trying to help new people as well!

I'll go with the thanking and assume you're legitimately trying to help and not just get more viewers ^_^;

Adding a "Stream/Video" section!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not at all..Its because I was lost when I first started in MOP and had no clue how to DPS as a Balance..A quick tutorial from my POV I feel plp can relate to a beginner coming in the balance zone. Ia ctually posted in the pvp by mistake srry about that.
Edited by Benskibro on 11/13/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/13/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Benskibro
Not at all..Its because I was lost when I first started in MOP and had no clue how to DPS as a Balance..A quick tutorial from my POV I feel plp can relate to a beginner coming in the balance zone. Ia ctually posted in the pvp by mistake srry about that.

No problem.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hey yo - sup fellow druids,
Been trying straight stacking gems, so far I have to say that mastery isn't as what I thought.

PVP power was also interesting but it still was ehhh....
Anyone tried stacking haste?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I am stacking crit - I love it!!! the star surge proc's are very interesting and as long as you have a tone of targets, its easy mode.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/28/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Hiezenburg

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Balance is boss in pvp, you just have to play a lot more creative then most classes. Nothing even comes close to matching my dps/damage in rbgs/bgs (given equal up time on enemy). With that said don't let this troll steer you away from balance.

Replies like this are an example of the worst of WOW. Arrogant, snotty elitists who dismiss anyone else who hasn't devoted their life to a video game.

Everyone knows that Balance sucks at PVP. It pretty much has for years. Sweeping all that away as 'trolling' is total bs. Given equal time up? Uhm, yeah, except you won't get that equal time up. One on one Balance is the weakest dps in the game by quite a long way. The only way to do a lot of damage is to stay back in a crowd and run away a lot. Any other toon, given roughly the same gear, will rip your face off. Melee players, esp warriors, DKs or Palis will do it without even taking damage most of the time. I might not be the best moonkin but I have a lot of experience. I also have a lot of experience encountering moonkins on my other toons, and I haven't met one yet I couldn't crush without much effort.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just a quick note on how Nature's Vigil behaves in the PvP world for any other theorycrafter's out there:

1) When you do damage, your NV heal is 25% of the final damage amount. You don't see the 15% PvP penalty for heals tacked onto that. I don't have results with mortal-strike type debuffs, or increased-healing-received buffs.

2) When you do healing, the NV damage is 25% of the heal, reduced by the target's resilience (and presumably any other damage reduction he might have, like being a moonkin). When my Rejuv in AB ticked for 9576, Brassbolt @ Black Dragonflight (mage, resil=45.63%) was taking 1302 NV damage. 1302=9576*.25*(1-.4563)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In the OP, you don't mention healing very much (other than Tranquility). There is a post where you mention that hybrids can't kill each other these days (5.0). In my gear (mostly crafted leather and honor jewelry) if I were dueling my evil twin in a battleground:

Rejuv has higher HPET than MF has DPET, even if I cast MF under Lunar+Incarnation+OwlkinFrenzy+MoonkinForm and credit the full resulting expected shooting-stars damage (no cast time charged for SS) to MF.

HT has much higher HPET than SF has DPET, even if cast under those same conditions, and I add 1s to HT and 0.3s to SF for pushback, and credit the extra MF tick from a SF crit to SF.

It would seem that I should heal in preference to dealing damage, all else being equal (no chance for overheal, no chance for one-shotting an opponent, etc.).

I don't know if they changed our healing for 5.1, but it would take an extraordinary nerf for Rj to become weaker than SF in an evironment where damage is reduced by over 60%, and being able to cast on the move is a top priority.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]