Cross Realms and Rare Mounts...

100 Night Elf Druid
Okay, I know what you're going to say: Ah heck. Another QQ thread about Cross Realms. However, admittedly, my problem is more specific...

I'm one of those people currently desperately trying to get the Rare Mounts like Time Lost Proto-Drake, Aeonaxx, etc. For a few days there, I thought I had a chance because the Account-Wide mounts eliminated a ton of competition in the form of people who were hunting them for their alts. Then came the Cross Realm addition... now I have to fight with six other people from six different realms for a really ridiculously rare chance at catching them.

I kindly request that Blizzard removes the Cross-Realm feature from areas where there are rare mounts so that everyone has a fair chance on them on their own realms without having to fight people from other realms for something that comes along a few times a week if you're very lucky.

Other than these specific areas, I have yet to find anything to complain about in regards to the Cross Realm feature.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
09/05/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Andelia
Okay, I know what you're going to say: Ah heck. Another QQ thread about Cross Realms. However, admittedly, my problem is more specific...

Everyone that has posted in opposition of it has a specific reason why they don't like it.

In fact, this is another QQ thread.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
They never do anything concerning rare spawn mobs, blizzard prob even likes the idea there is more competition for rare mobs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
True, but besides this one specific problem in specific zones, I enjoy the cross-realm feature. I think it's a step in the right direction, but it just needs to be taken away from zones where there are rare mounts up for grabs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I know all those feels, OP. I killed Vyragosa 8 times in the last 10 or so days. Then I got surprised with 40 people in my camp spot on Tuesday.

I know those feels.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It's even worse when they don't show up on the /who option. You /who the area and see maybe one other person from your faction and assume there will be others from the opposite faction, then you get to your camp spot and... there are at least ten or more. It's quite frustrating and disappointing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Another thing is that you don't know if your in your realms zone, or one of the others connected with yours. Are you hunting your realms TL or another realms? Is the question when you enter a zone now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Perhaps that will increase the chance of it showing up more often, Mantid. Of course, it still doesn't really help the issue of there being ten plus people sitting and waiting with you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not only is there more competition for a rare spawns, but ultimately this change decrease the spawn rate ridiculously.

Here's a quick glance at what i mean. Say we had three different realms and TLPD used to spawn once every two weeks on each. It means 6 differents players could get a drop every month. Now thanks to cross realm zones, we only get 2 drops a month for all three servers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]