What's the RP like these days?

85 Human Paladin
I haven't been on the server. My guildmates and I are considering returning to the game. We're all old school RP'ers (think D&D, table top RPG's, etc.) and I have been wondering. Are there events on the Alliance side? Is there any one particular spot that RP'ers are known to frequent on the Alliance side of the fence? Just curious and thanks in advance for any info.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
At the moment you've got the end of the expansion, the relearning of classes and general slump.

That said, we still have monthly events, though they vary from 1-3. This month we had Red Raven host a tournament last Friday/Saturday.

There's a list of Alliance events floating on the forums somewhere, though I'm waiting until November to update it for the remainder of this year/next year which will, likely, result in a new post. I know Red Raven intends to continue their tournament, Fynnegan intends to continue his silly dating-based events and The Shadow Hall will begin hosting pet battles once those are available. We're always welcoming new events and such for people to gather for.

Hot spots... Vary. Blue Recluse can be fairly reliable, and there is a player ran tavern in Ironforge that opens up now and then. The owner - Eleanor - Posts in the OOC channel when she opens it up. It tends to be easier to get it going from the OOC channel than stumbling across it. Though, I've had some luck at the Darkmoon Faire when it's going on.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I don't know any of those names aside from the one which is obviously your guild. The rest, I have no idea who or what they are aside from some of the obvious. Isn't Blue Recluse some little out of the way tavern in Stormwind? I can understand not wanting to use Goldshire hahaha.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Blue Recluse is the bar in the Mage District.

Red Raven is another RP guild.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I didn't see this listed anywhere but is there an RP channel? I'm not talking an RP channel where people go OOC in it. I'm talking about a channel where people are actually in character. Does one of those exist yet? We have one on the RP server that I play on in DDO and it makes things alot of fun.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
There isn't, but one could easily be put together.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest
Ura, as always, has covered everything well. The Red Raven plans on adding another RP event to the scene pretty soon. Cataclysm ruined happenstance RP for me; the Park was my home!

Also, I like the idea of pet battle events, Ura.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So I was wondering, when there were free moves being offered from Moonguard to Farstriders, did we see many RP'ers come over or no?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
There haven't been any for... A couple years now. We've had a few paid transfers and several rerolls as of late. I know there's at least one group Hordeside that is doing a reroll/RP project and I try to keep the thread on World's End (The WoW RP forum) bumped.

Most of said rerollers are working on leveling and thinking out their characters and I'm eager to see what they come up with.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
If you venture over to horde side, we have a good number of old school D&Ders. We have the goblin bar, Gears, on weekends starting back up soon. Roxy has Semi-Legal Goblin Sanctioned Pet Battle events planned. Also too, I think the cross-realm thing has probably improved rp traffic in places on both Alliance side and Horde side (feel free to confirm or deny this, Alliance friends.)
Feel free to say hello to us if you're over here.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I appreciate the thought but I am strictly Alliance on this server. I play Horde on Silverhand with my Guildmates. Plus I like being a paladin way too much ;) The ever classic white knight in shining armor and I just wouldn't feel right about that if I were anything but a human. I'm actually thinking we should push for an RP channel in game, where people actually RP on, for alliance. I'll see if I can make this in game when I go in next. Also, I would love to see an RP spot startup. I'll check around on Alliance side for an easily accessible spot. I think something "regular" would be awesome. In DDO everyone meets in a tavern on Sunday's on the RP server there. In CoH on the virtue server they use the interdimensional night club called Pocket D. I think if we can find something like this that's a known spot that's open it will only encourage interactivity amongst RP'ers.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
09/11/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Banegrivm
I'm actually thinking we should push for an RP channel in game, where people actually RP on, for alliance.

I'd offer up Another Broken Mug for a permanent setting, if we want a tavern based channel. Could go with TheMug or something for the channel.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/12/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Bloodydemize
If you guys make a RP channel I'll help "persuade" trolls to leave it be >_^

Always appreciate your friendship, Bloody. <3
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ura is there a way we can talk privately? I have some questions I'd like to ask you privately if you don't mind. Is there a time you are around in game that I could look for you or another way we could speak one on one sometime? I'd really appreciate it. I know you've been around a while and you would know the answers to the questions that I have. All OOC of course :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/13/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Banegrivm
Ura is there a way we can talk privately? I have some questions I'd like to ask you privately if you don't mind. Is there a time you are around in game that I could look for you or another way we could speak one on one sometime? I'd really appreciate it. I know you've been around a while and you would know the answers to the questions that I have. All OOC of course :)

I'll try to keep an eye out for you on my characters. All else fails, send anyone in my guild a tell asking if I'm online and they can direct you to me if I am.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I will, thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/12/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Bloodydemize
If you guys make a RP channel I'll help "persuade" trolls to leave it be >_^

You don't scare me. >:v
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
haven't seen a good rp realm lately seem they dying out sad miss those
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]