State of the Brewmaster

100 Night Elf Warrior
I wonder if the very limited ability to spend chi on magic mitigation/recovery will ever become an issue. They have guard and then using the T30 talents to try to heal, I guess.

Admittedly, they can get some very strong anti-magic cooldowns, so it probably won't be an issue since sustained threatening magic damage is rare, unless tank damage on Lei Shi is a big deal.
Edited by Asthas on 9/6/2012 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I think that monks will actually do quite well against magic heavy fights.

Tank threatening magic damage just doesn't occur very often, and the short cooldown of Guard could be even better than AMS.

For tanks, it's not so much about potency as it is frequency for cooldowns, and Guard works triple duty there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/06/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Ðemolition
You're missing the BoA staff in that picture
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Anyone else think GC's statements and actions have been...inconsistent?

In order:
1. GC states Monks and DK's need nerfs. Paladins are fine. Guardian and Warrior need buffs.
2. Monks are nerfed. Guardian, Warrior, and DK are buffed.
3. GC states 'nevermind, we don't need to nerf Monk or DK.'
4. Monk is nerfed again, albeit slightly. Last wave of Monk nerfs aren't reverted.
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Paladin
Anyone else think GC's statements and actions have been...inconsistent?

In order:
1. GC states Monks and DK's need nerfs. Paladins are fine. Guardian and Warrior need buffs.
2. Monks are nerfed. Guardian, Warrior, and DK are buffed.
3. GC states 'nevermind, we don't need to nerf Monk or DK.'
4. Monk is nerfed again, albeit slightly. Last wave of Monk nerfs aren't reverted.

GC is doing 2 jobs, he's both the PR guy and the lead class designer, he has to make nerfs sound not so bad, and buffs not seem over done.
Reply Quote
That doesn't explain the actions taken vs. what was stated.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Guess what! KS is applying weakened blows to 3 targets on the beta. I just tested it (obviously not something that can be datamined).

It still doesn't apply weakened blows or dizzying haze to additional targets. It does not apply it intelligently (i.e. prioritizing targets without it). In fact, when I had 4 mobs on me, 3 of which had the debuff and I targeted the one without it and hit KS, it didn't even prioritize my target. Still, a net benefit.

Edit: now that I think about it, I'm not even sure that's a change. It was only applying weakened blows to target before, right?
Edited by Department on 9/6/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/06/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Ðemolition
He spent it all on two 1h swords, a 1h mace, and two haste trinkets.

http://i.imgur.com/97h7M.jpg
So, you're going Scribe/Alch? Or Scribe/Tailor? Why the cloth?

You seem to be missing a full 57 gear set, 67 gear set, and most of a 77 gear set. Or maybe those bags are hidden.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/06/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Guidance

I'm assuming hes had those for a while. And that it wouldn't take to long to farm JP with people melting heroic bosses in 15 seconds or less
Edited by Ðemolition on 9/6/2012 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
09/06/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Guidance

http://i.imgur.com/97h7M.jpg
So, you're going Scribe/Alch? Or Scribe/Tailor? Why the cloth?

You seem to be missing a full 57 gear set, 67 gear set, and most of a 77 gear set. Or maybe those bags are hidden.

First aid most likely.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I've had those 1handers for a long time, but more recently I used RAF so I'll just grant levels to my monk up to 80, so I really don't need heirlooms at all. (I do have level 80 gear ready to go!)

I'm gonna go Scribe/Alch. That cloth is for first aid but after testing it on beta I've got way too much now because of certain changes to First Aid skillups. I need to transfer that alt to the beta again to count exactly how much I need. I've also got too many inks but I figured I'd just sell them as glyphs anyway.
Edited by Communism on 9/7/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
More specifically:

Heavy Wool Bandage
Heavy Mageweave Bandage
Heavy Netherweave Bandage
Heavy Frostweave Bandage

all grant 2 skillups so they require much less cloth than I was originally planning.
Edited by Communism on 9/7/2012 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
More specifically:

Heavy Wool Bandage
Heavy Mageweave Bandage
Heavy Netherweave Bandage
Heavy Frostweave Bandage

all grant 2 skillups so they require much less cloth than I was originally planning.

OH MY GOD ABOUT TIME.

Seriously, like three expansions late.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
Did they ever drop the insane Wrath cloth mats for tailoring too? My mages never were the same again after that grind.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I only needed to use 76 Frostweave cloth because of the double skillups.

40 cloth for normal Frostweave bandages, then 36 for Heavy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Totals to 500 (where you learn Windwool)

119 linen
71 wool
89 silk
50 mageweave
50 runecloth
50 netherweave
76 frostweave
75 embersilk

Compare to an old first aid guide that goes to 525:

170 Linen Cloth
180 Wool Cloth
150 Silk Cloth
110 Mageweave Cloth
80 Runecloth
115 Netherweave Cloth
110 Frostweave Cloth
280 Embersilk Cloth
Edited by Communism on 9/7/2012 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
09/05/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Migol
Guard just gives me the willies since it seems like AMS on steroids.

This. Between Guard and some of the talents (Healing Elixirs for starters) plus Zen Sphere (if we can ever justify using it) we have the most absurd magic mitigation (and self healing) in the game if running properly. DKs in T13 look piddly by comparison.

Does the Healing Sphere triggered by GotO give any kind of indication that it's appeared aside from, you know, appearing? Debuff I can track? Buff I can track? Something I can make big and flashy so I know to RUN THROUGH THIS THING NOW?

Zero reverting of any of the previous nerfs. Still at 10% bonus energy regen and 80/20 split for stagger by default.

Glad I didn't hold my breath :(

Also this. And also this: :(

Even if they made Blackout Kick cost 3 chi or something or halved the uptime on Shuffle (numbers pulled out of thin air) it would be preferable to this.

Tiger Palm spam is boring. I wanna use my taleeeeeeents :(
Edited by Loveshðck on 9/7/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Tiger Palm spam is boring. I wanna use my taleeeeeeents :(

It's like the old version of lacerate, but even more boring. If they go live as is, I'll have to swap keybinds so the tiger palm is on a easier key to hit. It ends up being what is hit the most now... (
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
Regardless of Brewmasters current standing, I'm having infinitely more fun playing it than I am a warrior. So I'm glad that I'm rerolling.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
small QoL change for monks on beta:

- Chi does not decay in combat anymore .. so that small issue of getting chi and losing shortly after wont happen anymore.

- Chi decays at 1 chi every 10 sec out of combat.

- If you generate extra chi while out of combat, it resets the timer (for example, after 7 seconds, you cast Expel Harm, you'll lose it the extra Chi @17sec, and not at 10)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]