Lower lvl dungeon healing...

27 Draenei Priest
I'll start off by saying I have 2 other lvl 85 healers (priest/shaman), and I'm wanting to add this priest, and a paladin to my healing stable...

That said - is anyone else out there having issues with "party members" while healing low lvl 5 man dungeons?

What I'm getting at is that there seems to be an abundance of players whom are either inexperienced, or are just being tools; tanks in particular are pulling far too many mobs, and it seems as though there's nothing but chaos...Things have been getting worse these past several weeks than ever before; I find myself leaving dungeons more often than not.

Am I the only one that's noticing this?..Anyone else out there having similar issues?
Edited by Dalwhinnie on 9/6/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Lower level dungeons are where people learn to tank. Sure there are tools out there, but there always are. Lots are just learning how to perform that role. They have to learn how much they can pull before they lose control or overwhelm a healer.

They also have to determine your personal limits. I leveled a tank with a friend as a healer who was very accomplished. They wanted me to pull fast and faster than I was if possible. They handled the chaos and we laughed when we couldn't. When I played that particular toon without her around, I had to remember to adjust and not piss off whoever was healing at the time.

And some are just out there having fun playing the game. Its not always being a tool and its usually not personal. I learned more, as a tank and a heals both, from having to play in chaotic situations than nice easy smooth runs.
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh yes it is far far worse then usual. Just pure painful.

I have 12 lvl 85s. I have run alot of instances lol. Just yesterday I made a brand new pally alt and have been healing instances pretty much nonstop.

I have never had such a horrible time.

One instance- Balance druid in cat form, ret pally as dps but wearing a shield, and the druid tank in cat form as well. Luckily the lock in the group was smart so she pulled out her demon & somehow we made it through.

Another one I had a pally tank join wearing all cloth...

etc.. I think in all I have done only 3 groups have actually been smart and run smoothly.

My thought from what I have noticed is that alot of these people have just returned to the game after not playing in a while. Another issue may be that people are not rerolling alts as much right now because they may be waiting for MoP so we have less boa geared experienced alts in the pool.

Either way it sucks.

As for the tanks, alot do seem to pull a ton at once. If it is too hard for you just ask them to pull less. Usually just asking works *hopefully* lol I usually remind them that it is faster to pull small groups and kill them without anyone dying then wiping by pulling too much.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Priest
On top of the normal number of new players, I have been able to identify several new issues. I am sure there is more going on than what I can identify.

1.A lot of players are rolling new things, like me my main is a prot warrior tank, but I really wanted to see how the new holy works. (loving it btw) They do not all take the time to review their new class and some just jump in to see what happens.

2.Tanks are having issues with the new threat generation caused by higher pet damage and the pets can now taunt. On top of that pets default to taunt, and players new to the class are not picking up on this. It is driving tanks crazy, making them think they are doing something wrong, leading them to do stupid stuff trying to correct a mistake that is not there, which leads to mayhem.

3.At level 25 warlocks can get a tank like glyph. They all want to play with it, they can’t help themselves. The result is a lot like #2

4.Some tanks just do not understand the active mitigation thing. Warriors cannot build rage by getting hit anymore and it is confusing them. The old solution to low rage was to pull bigger to get hit more, now this just gets them hit more and pisses off the healer.

5.There are changes to the levels. Big surprise first time at scarlet monastery. Mechanics are important at low level, very simple but, “Don’t stand in the fire”. Some bosses have a rotation you need to pay attention to, again simple but... This has my full support although it is causing some additional mayhem.

So Yes, seeing a lot of craziness leveling at the lower levels. Having a great time with it though. I have not run into many actual tools. It seems to me the proportion of immature players with bad attitudes has stayed the same.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Priest
@ Caelestia & Sassinak - ah - nice to see that I'm not the only one having some issues.

Part of my beef involves how some just run into a room full of bad guys when I'm sitting down to get my mana up, or after we wipe - the tank charges off while we're all 50%, or less health.

It's those sorts of issues (amongst many other) that have seemed to have crept up into the 5 man dungeons in the past few months; I don't ever recall it being that bad.

I understand how some my be trying out new toons, or are coming back from a time away from the game, but from my point of view - many appear to be acting like jerks, or are totally incompetent

It's to a point where healing low lvl dungeons is a total waste of time.

/rant over
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'll start off by saying I have 2 other lvl 85 healers (priest/shaman), and I'm wanting to add this priest, and a paladin to my healing stable...

That said - is anyone else out there having issues with "party members" while healing low lvl 5 man dungeons?

What I'm getting at is that there seems to be an abundance of players whom are either inexperienced, or are just being tools; tanks in particular are pulling far too many mobs, and it seems as though there's nothing but chaos...Things have been getting worse these past several weeks than ever before; I find myself leaving dungeons more often than not.

Am I the only one that's noticing this?..Anyone else out there having similar issues?

Yup.
People are bad, obnoxious, or both in low level dungeons. Perfectly normal so to speak.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They feel it's a non issue, because low level dungeons are trivial faceroll. At the earliest oportunity, I like to let them die then drink their tears. How else will they learn.
The dumb Hunter that thinks he can solo a group, the Tank who pulls way to much and doesn't pop a cooldown, etc...let them die. It's funny, and it's the only way they'll learn.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Just wait until MoP actually comes out. Dungeons full of monks everywhere! With probably few of them actually understanding what it is they are doing (I rolled one in the beta so at least I am a bit more prepared for it than other people I think. that being said, I only tried healing because that is what I intend to do. Woe betide clueless monk tanks!)

Also I saw Scarlet Monastery is going to have a heroic version in MoP so probably the lower level version got a slight revamp like SFK and Deadmines did in Cata.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Priest
09/06/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Hadhafen
Also I saw Scarlet Monastery is going to have a heroic version in MoP so probably the lower level version got a slight revamp like SFK and Deadmines did in Cata.

Yep, there are archer stands you need to grab, fire that appears at random you need to get off of, buckets of meat to throw to the dogs, and me staring at my deadly boss mod countdown going, "I wonder what that is" as the boss turns into a fiery tornado of death grabbing me and spinning me all over the room without any way to break free.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/06/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Hadhafen

Actually, the entire Scarlet Monastery set of dungeons (there were four total) got completely redone, and Scholomance was also completely redone.

And by "completely" I mean that they don't really bear a resemblance to the previous dungeons, the fights are almost completely new (with the exceptions of the Whitemane and Darkmaster encounters).
Reply Quote
@ Caelestia & Sassinak - ah - nice to see that I'm not the only one having some issues.

Part of my beef involves how some just run into a room full of bad guys when I'm sitting down to get my mana up, or after we wipe - the tank charges off while we're all 50%, or less health.

Keep drinking so you'll have mana to res them with.
Edited by Guntor on 9/6/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually, the entire Scarlet Monastery set of dungeons (there were four total) got completely redone, and Scholomance was also completely redone.

And by "completely" I mean that they don't really bear a resemblance to the previous dungeons, the fights are almost completely new (with the exceptions of the Whitemane and Darkmaster encounters).

Yeah it is weird doing a new instance again lol In scholo on the first boss there was this ice wall getting closer and closer. Smart people notice and go hey perhaps I should move out of the way... Two of the dps in my group were not so smart and like insta died and then yelled at me for not healing them lmao. All I could do was laugh.

09/06/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Dalwhinnie

IDK how it is currently for a low lvl priest. I see you are in boa gear so I would imagine it wouldnt be so hard for you. Though maybe buy a green or two to replace the greys. I can't see it being that much of a difference though @ your lvl lol
My new pally went from lvl 15-50 (where she is now) almost nonstop through instances. I think I have only had to drink 2-3 times non wipes. Though I just realized I do have seal of insight to get my mana back by attackign stuff but before i got it I think I still wasn't having bad mana issues hmmm

I like to make ALOT of macros for low lvl instances. People do NOT pay attention to if I am being attacked or my mana but will usually see my macros. It helps alot.

/oom
/yell Your healer needs mana!
/p Please wait a moment for me to regain some mana. Thanks!

/yell I need a hero!
/helpme
/party your healer is under attack!

The dumb Hunter that thinks he can solo a group, the Tank who pulls way to much and doesn't pop a cooldown, etc...let them die. It's funny, and it's the only way they'll learn.

i am actually a big fan of letting people die. Sometimes it doesn't even have to go that far, a few attempts where they notice you don't heal them and they behave if they are smart.

I had a lock in a group who ONLY was using hellfire which does damage to them. i have locks myself and love the spell but you gotta be smart and not kill yourself with it, & when you see the healer and tank taking lots of damage stop and use it to aoe groups not for everything lol! So i stopped healing him. He died once. The next time he stopped before he died and then for the rest of the instance began using some other stuff and actually paying attention.

People are fine being bad if you let them. Why move out of the fire if your healer WILL heal you? Teach them that they won't be healed for being dumb and maybe just maybe they will be one less headache for the next healer :) if they complain I just tell them sorry I can't heal stupid or that I thought they were being suicidal & who was I to stand in their way??

If you have a good tank but stupid dps, in most of these instances all the dps can die and you and the tank can make it out fine. DPS as well even if you can. Let the dumb dps die and just focus on the tank.

If your tank is a moron but you have a good dps, usually still the tank can die and you should be able to keep the dps up to prevent a wipe if they keep stuff off you.

If your whole group sucks just leave lol
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Priest
09/06/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Caelestia
i am actually a big fan of letting people die

I wish I was as confident. You inspire me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My experience on my baby Pally that I was trying to learn to tank on is that anything prior to Gnomeregan was generally a waste of time and effort.

Not because of clueless new players - they want to learn.

But because in every run I get one or more trial players, who have a different agenda than everyone else, usually. They've either run this same dungeon 57 times trying to get a single item and plan to run it twice more in the next 15 minutes if they don't get it, or they are simply looking for ever more creative ways to be an even bigger pain in the sit down.

It gets better at Gnomeregan, where we return to the regularly scheduled array of PUG clueless goodness, of which I have and will again I am sure contribute my fair share. But at least that frantic "I plan to be done before you even finish the first trash pull" isn't quite so prevalent.

<S>
Edited by Sylth on 9/10/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Troll Priest
Thankfully I'm not the only one having issues. I've been lucky and in my opinion I've not seen "bads" just people pushing the limit.

MOST of mine I've noticed seem to be the tanks pulling massive amounts of mobs. In a lot of cases the tanks are doing well and keeping threat well. However, if you're taking X amount of damage per second and I can only heal Y amount, you're eventually going to die.

I've been lucky because either the tank realizes they pulled too much and says so, or if I simply ask to pull a little less, they've been fine with it.

Oh and time I died... twice... in the new SM (fire, not awake yet, first time in the new area) it WAS my fault. However, everyone else lived and I was shaking my head and fist at myself... and told them it was my fault. The tank was like "don't stand in fire" and I agreed. It was stupid of me, but I really wasn't expecting it and wasn't paying a bit of attention to myself. /facepalm

As for drinking- I'm in all quest or satchel greens/blues (new toon, new server) and I really never have to drink- the one exception is if the tank is chain pulling and I have to do my "Stop for mana" macro. I'm on a priest, I have no idea if that's the reason why, I have adjusted my gear for more spirit though, since Int is capped.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I hadn't done any low level dungeon runs since I leveled up this pally awhile back. Started up an enhance shaman a few days ago and after running some random dungeons, things didn't seem any different than they did before. Still the same cross section of completely normal runs, slightly chaotic runs and WTF runs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My pally just hit 66 and yeah... there's a whole lot of stupid out there right now. some of it's just people learning, then there are people who are just screwing around waiting for the expac to drop and just don't care. Add to that the active greifers, and healing is interesting right now... lol

Thankfully, I'm going to have my hands full getting my mains to 85 and geared for raids along with finishing the pally, plus the horde side pally I got talked into rolling... I figure it will be Dec at the earliest before I can really mess around with a Monk. Crossing my fingers that things will have settled down by then in the starting areas... lol

Cheers,
Zen
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In the last week, while leveling my Goblin Shaman, I have run into no less than two Paladin tanks that did not have Righteous Fury on. Paladin Tank 1 didn't even know what Righteous Fury was or what the spell icon looked like. Paladin Tank 2 simply refused to turn the ability on.

I have no idea where these people come from.
Reply Quote
54 Worgen Druid
After leveling several tanks and this being my second bear tank, it's in full BoE, and most, not all of my groups are also full BoE'd groups, so i'm one of those tanks that love to chain pull nearly non-stop. However i also look at my healers mana (also have two disc priests at 85), but my largest issue was just yesterday, in a random i ran across a priest that was attonement healing, which is fine, however, in full BoE's the priest was pulling off me when we were both focused on the same mob. The only way i could keep threat was to throw maul into my rotation and was only barely able to keep threat. Are any other tanks/heals having this issue? And, for luls, my standard rotation is mangle/thrash/swipe/lacerate/ repeat on cd's, mangle on proc. Seriously, one penance and i have to growl to get aggro back on a pull... If the priest had evangelism rolling... i was just growling non-stop till the poor beastie died.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Healing lower leveled dungeons puts me to sleep.

I like engaging in certain substances to make them more interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]