loot disappearing

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have noticed that when I kill 2 or more creatures, I can only loot one, the remaining loot disappears.
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
I'm moving this thread to the bug report forum, but in 5.0.4 there is now the ability to loot all nearby corpses when you loot one. It's a new feature. I believe this may be what you're seeing. You should be getting all of the loot for the remaining creatures when you loot the first. There is the ability to turn this feature off in the options (Interface -> Controls -> Auto Loot).
Edited by Peratryn on 9/2/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It happens to me, too. It happens even when I kill one creature. If I'm not fast enough, the chance to loot will disappear.

I've missed picking things up that I need for quests this way. My "auto loot" is not on. Really taking the fun out of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This is kinda similar to what's happening with Rellimeht.

I can kill one creature and click it to loot it but it won't let me. What's funny is the sparkle shimmer effect thingy is there saying it's lootable. It's really annoying when it won't let me loot a dungeon boss or loot for a quest. It did the same thing when I was surveying for archaeology. I found an artifact piece and it wouldn't let me loot it even though it was sparkling.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Is it the same issue as described over here?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490459076?page=1
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/02/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Xydocq
I have noticed that when I kill 2 or more creatures, I can only loot one, the remaining loot disappears.

I have this same problem. When I kill 2 or 3 creatures at the same time, as soon as I loot one, the other creatures will become unlootable, the sparkles disappear. And no the other loot does not just appear in my bags, the loot goes away. So I have to kill each creature one at a time and loot them one at a time, even if there is agro still on me.
Edited by Azeronn on 9/16/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
not a bug its aoe looting. if there is more than one enemy dead one move loots them all
Reply Quote
74 Draenei Death Knight
I've came across this problem, too. Thank god it's a glitch. I haven't played WoW in about two years. And I just started playing again, and I thought it was supposed to be like that. It almost made me not want to play anymore. I felt that if I killed something then I have the right to loot it. Thank god I did my research.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah it has been happening to me since i started back up yesterday, but oddly only on this character it seems... im confused man
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/02/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Peratryn
in 5.0.4 there is now the ability to loot all nearby corpses when you loot one. It's a new feature. I believe this may be what you're seeing. You should be getting all of the loot for the remaining creatures when you loot the first. There is the ability to turn this feature off in the options (Interface -> Controls -> Auto Loot).
Quoted from the 2nd post. This is working as intended.
Reply Quote
18 Night Elf Hunter
has anyone found a fix to this, its been , more than a year and i am experienceing the same problem, with auto loot on and off. (its funy blizzrd gave em a reason not to play a year a go when i stoped playing, ad now that i decided to get back into it blizzard are making me less likely to continue)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
has anyone found a fix to this, its been , more than a year and i am experienceing the same problem, with auto loot on and off. (its funy blizzrd gave em a reason not to play a year a go when i stoped playing, ad now that i decided to get back into it blizzard are making me less likely to continue)

There is no fix as it isn't bugged. All nearby loot is displayed in a single loot window.

Additionally, there is no option to turn it off. The auto-loot option mentioned by the blue poster makes you automatically take everything out of the loot window when you open it versus having to click each item.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]