how the hell do i add battle tag

90 Gnome Death Knight
getting reeeeeeeeally frusterated. i made my own battletag, and i have my friends. HOW DO I <removed> ADD THEM?!!!?
Edited by Orlyia on 9/5/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
in game : social pane / add friend / enter BattleTag ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
As far as I know, the numbers are added automatically - so you just need to create a battle tag without numbers (I could be wrong though).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
09/05/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Glitterboy
no it says thats only for player names and email addresses. i tried entering several battle tags in there and non of them work. i do them in this format: Example#1234

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but I just tried to add my own tag (Karrek#1587), and it told me I cannot add myself, meaning the battle tag system does indeed work.
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Hunter
You need your friend to tell you what their Battle Tag is including the numbers. Then you enter that in the field. Works for me.

09/05/2012 02:58 AMPosted by Nephe
As far as I know, the numbers are added automatically - so you just need to create a battle tag without numbers (I could be wrong though).

Numbers are added automatically when you create a Battle Tag. You have to know the numbers on your friend's Battle Tag to friend him.

Read through here and see if it helps:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battletagfaq
Edited by Alethìa on 9/5/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Well, Alethìa beat me to it.

Just about everything everyone needs to know about Battletags is in the FAQ. :)

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battletagfaq
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest
You need your friend to tell you what their Battle Tag is including the numbers. Then you enter that in the field. Works for me.

The numbers also show in your account management. Just an FYI.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You should also be able to right click a person's nameplate, hover over "Add Friend", then select "Add BattleTag Friend".
Edited by Etamalgren on 9/5/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Human Warlock
So I am trying to add someone and i can not can some please explain the process no links please. All the links i read did not help.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
Well, the link explains how to do it, explaining how to do it is a moot point. You just have to add the battletag, battle.net account email, or charactername-server to add them to your friends list.

For the battle.net tag and real id friends though, your friend has to approve the request before they show on your list.

You also have to make sure your communications preferences allow for battle.net tags or real id use.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html

under privacy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]