xxxHolic

100 Human Hunter
I just finished watching xxxHolic and I really enjoyed it. It doesn't have too much action, but the dialogue is really good. I kinda gets you thinking on some everyday occurrences.
(I only watch English dub btw)

The main character, Kimihiro Watanuki who can see spirits. One day he is being chased by some spirits (which seems to be a common occurrence) He is pinned down by them, but when he reaches out and touches a fence, they disappear. He gets up to see an entrance to a very interesting looking house. Before he knows what's happening, his feet begin moving on their own to the house. At the door he is greeted by two young girls who lead him to a rather attractive woman. She claims that the house is in fact a shop, a wish shop to be exact, only those who need something will stumble upon it. Watanuki wishes that he wants to no longer see spirits. The woman whose name is Yuko ichihara will grant his wish for a price... he must work for her, before she does grant his wish. So begins Watanuki's job, working for a witch.

I do recommend it, but it does have some negative things, my biggest complaint is the artstyle. I got used to it after a while, but it was hard.
The characters are drawn with really long limbs, it just looks weird.

(This is my first time trying to write an anime review, i know it sucks.)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Clamp's art style is pretty distinctive. My favorite part of their stuff though is that they frequently use a shared universe. Tsubasa and Holic are very closely connected, so you might want to check that one out as well. Tsubasa is about a group of people traveling between parallel universes, thanks to Yuko's magic.

And Watanuki has a small part in Blood C- as well

Blood C- is .....interesting. It's kind of like the Trueman Show only with Vampires.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Clamp's art style is pretty distinctive. My favorite part of their stuff though is that they frequently use a shared universe. Tsubasa and Holic are very closely connected, so you might want to check that one out as well. Tsubasa is about a group of people traveling between parallel universes, thanks to Yuko's magic.

And Watanuki has a small part in Blood C- as well

Blood C- is .....interesting. It's kind of like the Trueman Show only with Vampires.

Hm, I suppose I'll go check those out then.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Tsubasa is more adventure and excitement than Holic, and the price Yuko takes from the main character is harsh.

Blood C- starts off really repetitive and then turns everything on it's head about mid way when it heats up and then ends with a WTF, to be continued in the movie.

It's also pretty Gory

Watanuki's part is really small and it's clearly after Holic came to an end but it looks like he'll have a bigger part in the movie.

I'm looking forward to the movie for no other reason than I really, REALLY want to see the main bad guy get horribly butchered and killed repeatedly. He's one of the few fictional bad guys that I've ever strongly felt deserves a good killing.

man is a true SoB.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
and then this bit of news shows up

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/09/06/live-action-xxxholic-tv-series-slated-for-2013
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]