Cross Realms Good or Bad?

100 Undead Warrior
Cross Realms is it a good thing or a bad thing? Now we're tied in with The Forgotten Coast, Vashj, Maiev, and Anablahblah (however the hell you spell it). I've seen a lot on the main forum saying its bad because:
1. AH
2. Farming nodes more competitive
3. Finding rare spawns more challenging.
4. Lots of Bugs (especially falling)

Positives I've found:
1. 40 more toon slots to interact with your friends in the same zone.
2. The zones are more alive

If Blizzard keeps the cross realm, then the next issue is how to improve it.
1. The Etherals can open a cross dimensional AH or Mail so you can send items to toons on different servers.
2. BoAs mailed across Realms
3. Cross Realm Guilds.

I'm open to the idea, and I'm giving it a chance before I bash it. What does everyone else think?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Personally I love it! You can also invite players who are on your realID/BattleTag and you can see them! (Except in Org/Stormwind) Come MoP I wanted to level my druid (who is on Drak'tharon) with my friends.. but paying 25$ for ANOTHER server transfer was becoming a hassle... now with this I can invite them and play with them. :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Me and a friend have made toons on forgotten coast and are using our mains to run them. Which saves the new 11th slot for a panda monk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I vote good.
Has allowed me to experience raids and content that were really untouchable with current Realm and Guild.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
SOS
if us the options to switch it on or off before we log in, so the one thinks its good can go do ur interaction with the ones that think it is also good.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I love cross realms, it gives me the opportunity to meet new and interesting people...and kill them at the DS stone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Cross realm is the worst thing from the new patch.....World PVP is not real PVP when it's 5 against 1.....Resources are being stolen and taken back to other realms.......Rare mounts and pets are now even harder to obtain.....players from other realms appear to me to be rude and arrogant with no consideration given to players from the realm they are stealing from.....I understand that Blizz is losing customers and are fearful of a further drop after MOP.....This cross realm will push people away.(me included)....The low population realms suffer while the high population realms are benefiting from us. It just sucks and makes it hard for me to log on with any enthusiasm, the game has lost its hold on me....maybe for the best...
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Namahsllort
Cross realm is the worst thing from the new patch.....World PVP is not real PVP when it's 5 against 1.....Resources are being stolen and taken back to other realms.......Rare mounts and pets are now even harder to obtain.....players from other realms appear to me to be rude and arrogant with no consideration given to players from the realm they are stealing from.....I understand that Blizz is losing customers and are fearful of a further drop after MOP.....This cross realm will push people away.(me included)....The low population realms suffer while the high population realms are benefiting from us. It just sucks and makes it hard for me to log on with any enthusiasm, the game has lost its hold on me....maybe for the best...
It just needs fine tuning really. It's better to have CRZ because if blizzard feels like there is a imbalance in populations they can balance it on the fly with no need to transfer/merging and run the risk of population becoming imbalanced again. They just need to do some resource phasing for nodes and rares. Can't expect things to be perfect especially with something that needs to be tried in the real world to find problems.
Reply Quote
this server was only good cuz of the easy farming.... wats the point of this server now
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
personaly i think xrealm is hurting more than it's helping. i love the aspect of cross realms in the sense of removing the barrier between friends on other realms......but on the flip side there are the players, like me, who enjoy playing on low pop pvp realms for the community and the small scale world pvp. with the merging of realms my little fun pvp realm has turned into an all out battleground between max level characters who battle it outside low level leveling hubs such as nordrassil in mount hyjal. i don't want to say it is impossible to quest in hyjal as a lowbie but i will say that it is difficult. the constant ganking has made me realize that there are people who exploit something good like the cross realm system. people say things like 'if you don't like getting killed then why did you roll on a pvp server?' but when you've made a home for yourself in pre-cross realm time and built up a community of sorts around the realm you hate to abandon it and start anew because of some sad gankers who only find pleasure in the game in hunting down low level characters and killing them. as for me i hope blizz will be able to even out the system in a way that appeases everyone without causing frustration in me and anyone else who feels the same (and i hope i'm not the only one).
Edited by Fleshfire on 12/24/2012 10:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Love it. There's finally world PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]