What is the better addon for a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sporebat
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/05/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Bigpoppamoo

You should try the addons out and see for yourself which one you prefer. The "better" healing addon is the one that works for you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I see Vuhdo and Grid listed most frequently by the top priests at least. I don't know anything about healbot or it's improvements for MoP, but I have read that it is not as good as the other addons that I mentioned but don't know the arguments against it. That's all I've got to be honest; I've only tried Vuhdo so far and it's pretty good. It's more user friendly than Grid since it bakes all of the relevant addons into one, but it's not as customizable.

I'd start with Vuhdo and if you find that you can't set it up how you like, try Grid. That's what I did.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Elvui is a really nice package that includes party and raid frames you can set up quite easily.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The two that I use are Grid and Timers. Timers gives you a much better graphic to see how long your HOTs have on a person.

If I had to choose only *one* healing addon, it would definitely be Grid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Would you like us all to show and tell with screenshots of our UI?

What are you looking for?
Click Casting?
Customizable?
Easy Set Up?
Spell Reminders?
Just Raid Frames?

I use vuhdo and weak auras.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Priest
Point & click for me...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I use Clique and Grid.

Xperl is not a "healer" addon, it's just a unit frame modification.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Healbot used to be my go to addon. Then the patch came, and healbot wouldn't work with my UI so I switched to Vuhdo.

And I'm loving it. I should have done that years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I finally switched to Vuhdo and I love it.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Bigpoppamoo

Clique and basic raid frames.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Grid + Clique + Mouseover Macros is hands down the best way to go. the vast majority of your healing spells should be mouseover macros and everything else just basic keybound whether it be the ability itself or an ability within a macro.

Remember. ALL a mouseover macro is, is just a directed cast without having to select someone first.

/cast [@mouseover] *Healing Spell Here*

Tadaaaaa simple as that. Drag that macro to your bars and now when you press the corresponding key, key combination, you will fire that cast off at whoever's frame you're mouse is over, just like healbot and the others. It's easy as that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Vuhdo or go home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu-zKAcW7x8&feature=g-user-u
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
From what I remember, I started with Xperl, and it was okay. I went to Grid later, really enjoyed that one.

But now I'm on Vuhdo, and I doubt I'll ever change unless they come out with something that blows it out of the water.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
All of the above in addition to none of the above. It is entirely possible and preferable for some people to use no healing addons whatsoever and you can find hundreds of raiders at any level of progression you want backing up any particular addon over another if you choose to use one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I like Healbot alot, but try the different ones and see what appeals to you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I like vuhdo. quick and easy to set up and easy to use. but you should experment and see what works for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]