Healbot, xperl or another?

90 Tauren Druid
Thanks for all the input everybody. I guess the take away (as mentioned earlier) is to just try until you get one you like. But ty for mentioning several add ons I was not previously aware of. Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I actually went back to the default raid frames, they're better than x-perl now IMO.

CT_Buffmod to watch buffs/debuffs
Fortexorcist to manage cooldowns
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I used Grid for years, starting in BC. It always worked very well for me. The only frustrating thing was how many plugins it required to customize it like gridstatus hots, gridstatus raid debuffs and such. At the time I used it druid hots for instance were just plain annoying to setup. At one point in early cata I jumped ship to vuhdo after Grid wasn't updated for a long time and a patch broke plugins for a lot of people and are not supported by the grid author so it was unclear if we'd ever regain full functionality. Now that I use vuhdo I have to say I enjoy it a lot. It does everything I could possibly want unit frames to do and probably won't change unless it stops being maintained in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Grid + Class Timers + Clique (only used for dispels so Grid functions like Decursive) + mouseover macros on all my healers.

Shaman also has Shields Up to track Earth Shield charges (and Lightning Shield for Ele).

Priest also has PoM Tracker.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/05/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Bigpoppamoo
What is the better addon for a healer.

I've tried all of the addons available for healers and personally I most recommend Grid2 combined with Clique (not to be confused with original Grid). You can do literally anything with Grid2. You can setup as many indicators as you wish, each indicator viable for any combination of buffs/debuffs that you desire (you can fill out your own custom debuffs/buffs for various boss fights & classes, etc). The sky is the limit, really, in terms of customization with Grid2.

The downside to Grid2 is that it's not so obvious when trying to set it up for the first time. It takes a little bit of time to get used to the way the options are laid out and how it works. I'd say it's probably the hardest one to setup out of any of them.

My next recommendation would have to be Vuhdo. It's the next best in terms of customization and features. Plus, Vuhdo does offer some features that Grid2 doesn't which, for some players (depending on your playstyle/preference) makes it more useful/handy to have.

Healbot isn't bad, it's definitely a usable healing addon, but I don't feel as though it can compete with the features & level of customization offered in Grid2 / Vuhdo. Healbot's more basic without some of the robust features that the other two have.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Healium is the best heal addon
Reply Quote
09/08/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Algrun
Healium is the best heal addon

Healium barely qualifies as a healing addon at all, never mind the best.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I haven't tried any others, but I love vuhdo. It's given me no reason to want to switch to anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I use Grid2 + Clique and mouseover macros. Used original Grid for a very long time before switching to Grid2 in this patch. A little more of a learning curve for Grid, but once it's setup there's nothing like it imo.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm a big fan of Shadowed Unit Frames.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Count me in for Vuhdo.

When Beta Came out I was having issues healing. Couldnt live without Vuhdo so I took a break. Then 4 days later the modder updated it to use in Beta and I was back in playing.

I run about 10-15 different addons and Vuhdo is the one I look for FIRST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I used Grid on my Druid through most of Wrath, then changed to VuhDo later in Wrath and all of Cata. Big fan of Vuhdo, though I'll admit it gives me some pretty bad tunnel vision and I lose track of relative location.
Reply Quote
Yet you post on a level 1 non-guilded toon...

Ok...

Seriously, all the mentioned addons have their pluses and minuses.

NONE of them will take someone who has no concept of how to heal with their class and turn them into a pro raider. It just alters the "way" you heal vs. the stock UI. For most of us a click-casting or mouseover macro style of healing is way more effective and efficient (due to the elimination of the "click to select" step that the stock UI gives).

Pre-wrath I didn't use any addons other than dbm (and mouseover macros if you want to count those).
In Wrath I added healbot to my toolkit.
In Cata I got myself a nice Razer Naga, and moved to VuhDoo because it played with the mouse a lot nicer at the time, and is often updated faster than healbot when something gets borked (I only say this because a lot of my co-healers use Healbot, and are griping about things when I'm already up and running).
In Pandaria I'm going to give grid2 and clique a shot. Just because I see a new expac as a chance to resetup/clean up/re-optimise my UI to accomadate the changes to my class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
+1 for grid2, though I disagree with Flynnt about it being the most confusing to setup; I'd say Vuhdo is more complicated, while grid2 has a very simple, elegant system that makes sense once you 'get it'. It took me forever to figure out how to turn on timers for various Corner icons in vuhdo -- why the hell is it under the Colors tab?.

What needs to happen, imo, is for grid2 and vuhdo to have a love-child that combines the great profile and layout customization of vuhdo with the indicator and status customization of grid/grid2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]