#showtooltip
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use [worn:shields]Shield Wall
/equipset [spec:1,noworn:shields]1board
/equipset [spec:2,noworn:shields]2board
/use [noform:2]defensive stance
/equipset [spec:1,worn:shields]1sword
/equipset [spec:2,worn:shields]2sword

There is no harm in just going /use Defensive Stance. Tested in game to be sure, but it has zero effect if you're already in D Stance. But that doesn't give you enough characters to put Shield Wall in the #showtooltip.

But, this is actually easier than I was trying to make it if you don't mind sacrificing some line breaks (and maybe a little clarity).
#showtooltip Shield Wall
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use [worn:shields]Shield Wall
/equipset [spec:1,noworn:shields]1board; [spec:2,noworn:shields]2board; [spec:1]1sword; 2sword
/use [noform:2]defensive stance

It's a bit harder to edit/read than having the /equipsets on separate lines, but it gets you well under the character cap and lets you keep all the other fancy stuff.
Reply Quote
#showtooltip shield wall
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use Shield Wall
/equipset [spec:1,noworn:shields]1board
/equipset [spec:2,noworn:shields]2board
/use defensive stance
/equipset [spec:1,worn:shields]1sword
/equipset [spec:2,worn:shields]2sword

Sacrifices error text for clarity.

edit: NVM, it seems the auto-targeting is baked in to abilities now.
Edited by Quinten on 9/18/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In your Heroic throw macro, you can include the Throw ability in there too and it will work just fine. Take for example, your flag is being capped in arathi basin and you are rooted quite a distance away without your trinket and charge is on cooldown and your heroic throw is on cooldown. You can have it cast throw and your throw will interupt the target from capping the base.

#showtooltip
/cast heroic throw
/cast throw

It works
Reply Quote
I can´t belive i´m gonna say this to an Alliance but... i love u man!
Reply Quote
#showtooltip
/cast heroic throw
/cast throw

That's ingenious. At first I was shocked to find out that throw as independent of the gcd, and then I was shocked to find out that the minimum range requirement on it will prevent it from interfering with the swing timer.

I threw in a little error text supression for my personal use since it builds it up big time by using

#showtooltip Heroic Throw
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/use [modifier:shift, @focus][nomodifier:shift] heroic throw
/use [nomodifier:shift] throw

For the purposes of the updated guide it reads:

#showtooltip Heroic Throw
/use [modifier:shift, @focus][nomodifier:shift] heroic throw
/use [nomodifier:shift] throw

FYI I am updated portions of the guide right now. A fury spell reflect is now included aswell as a mouseover intervene (which i personally don't use but I see the use)

Edit:
I also just realized I don't have a /cancelaura hand of protection written into anything. I have always macroed it separately as a generic macro given the risk associated with having it drop by mistake. I am rather risk averse and my wife used to be my paladin healer in 2v2. Lets just say canceling her life saving spell by mistake ended up with me prepping the couch.

To save keybindings I am thinking of macroing it into victory rush, but then you run into problems if you ever take that impeding victory talent. Any thoughts?
Edited by Quinten on 9/22/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warrior
I always macro'd /cancelaura Hand of Protection to pummel. I found myself losing matches because I wasn't able to interrupt heals when going for the kill while their dps was peeling and I was low, my healer freaking out during an opposing dps cooldown. The I only real reason you'd want to cancel the bubble is to stop a cast (usually heals), or stun (if possible, not sure if shockwave is castable while in HoF) so having pummel always available was clutch.

#showtooltip Pummel
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cast Pummel
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
nice. ty
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
This was extremely helpful and should be stickied. Keeps getting buried under threads that do nothing but cry about warriors. Would also like to request a macro that throws down mocking/demo banner and intervenes to it. I'm imagining something like
/cast banner
/target banner
/cast intervene

As you can see I am not a clever man and I do realize it takes a bit of creativity to make these efficient macros.
Reply Quote
#showtooltip Mocking Banner
/cleartarget [help]
/target mocking banner
/use Intervene
/use mocking banner
/targetlasttarget [help]

I have been playing with this. It preserves a hostile target when you intervene your banner. It will not preserve a friendly target. It requires a keypress, click, keypress but that is a limitation of the api.

I will update the main post when I have more time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
#showtooltip wild strike
/cast wild strike
/cast colossus smash
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
Ok guys, bear with me please.

On how to set item sets, i dont understand how to do it. For example, on the weapon toggle, i dont get all those 1board, 1sword jumbo. And specs???? I thought one was only swapping weapons..

Really difficult for me to use the fast shield wall macro if i cant understand how to do item sets.

Secondly, on modifiers... how do i assign them?

Keep in mind i dont have one of those fancy gaming mouse..ol' regular mouse.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
sweet post
Reply Quote
#showtooltip wild strike
/cast wild strike
/cast colossus smash

No... just no.... That macro doesn't do what you think it does.

09/30/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Fishstraw
On how to set item sets, i dont understand how to do it. For example, on the weapon toggle, i dont get all those 1board, 1sword jumbo. And specs???? I thought one was only swapping weapons..

Item sets are explained at the start of the post.
spec: 1 means that line will only trigger if you are in primary spec, spec: 2 secondary spec.
You can use control (ctrl) alt (alt) and (shift) as modifiers reasonably. There are others but they are stupid.

A macro that read
/cast [spec: 1, mod: ctrl] equipset bob
would equip your itemset named bob if you were in your primary spec and holding the control key when you pressed it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Can't help but notice the OP didn't include any mousover macros for intervene/pummel/heroic throw. Perhaps they should be included?

#showtooltip Demoralizing Banner
/cast Demoralizing Banner
/use [@mouseover, help] Intervene

#showtooltip Mocking Banner
/cast Mocking Banner
/use [@mouseover, help] Intervene

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/use [@mouseover,harm][]Heroic Throw

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/use [@mouseover,harm][]Pummel

Not sure if there is a way to intervene to your banners without targeting them without using a mousover (as in: /cast [target=bannername] Intervene or something similar) but I haven't figured out how to yet if you can.
Edited by Grux on 10/2/2012 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Updated October 3rd:
Added intervene banner macro
Added cancelaura hand of protection
Added arena targeting macros
Re-added the old heroic throw macro as the auto-throw made tanking a nightmare.
Added the lazy bloodbath tinker macro I have been using when forced to dps.
Added a mouseover heroic throw macro.
Edited by Quinten on 10/3/2012 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Update October 6th:
Added the simple intervene to a banner I was asked for in another thread.
Changed the thread title.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Here I've got the only real DPS macro you need

/use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
/cast Avatar
/cast Recklessness
/cast Skull Banner
/cast Berserker Rage
/use Dreadful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets
/y ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE?????????????
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
my favourite simple little macro

#showtooltip Pummel
/cast Pummel
/cast Hamstring

this takes advantage of the fact that pummel doesn't trigger a gcd ;)

was also wondering is there a way to set up a macro that triggers sweeping strikes when you have a certain amount of rage? something along the lines of /cast [rage=>60] Sweeping Strikes? I've played around with diff set ups but am only just recently getting into using macros
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
i just modified my mortal strike to include the sweeping strikes, seems easier to manage it myself

#showtooltip Mortal Strike
/use 10
/use [modifier:shift] Sweeping Strikes
/cast Mortal Strike
Edited by Critorus on 10/8/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
For your target arena macros, I like to put one of the other targets on focus for the quick switch on focus pummel, fear, heroic throw, etc. They look like this:

/target arena1
/focus [nomodifier, target=arena2]
/focus [modifier:alt, target=arena3]

/target arena2
/focus [nomodifier, target=arena1]
/focus [modifier:alt, target=arena3]

/target arena3
/focus [nomodifier, target=arena1]
/focus [modifier:alt, target=arena2]

With this I can leave the gates and have the two most concerning ready to go without having to mouseclick gladius and setting them to focus. I have focus target set on one of the keys of my mouse and target focus set on another. This allows me to use the macro to target and then use target focus if I need to switch targets fast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]