Out of date macro post

(Sticky)

96 Gnome Warrior
What are you trying that isn't working?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
For some reason my Fast Wall macro isn't working. I copied and pasted it exactly as you have it, and it was working before. Now that I'm trying to use it in Pandaria it's not working. I haven't changed anything aside from updating my Weapon Sets. Confusing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Charge
#showtooltip charge
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use [modifier:shif, @focus][nomodifier:shift] Charge

What it does:
If you are bladestorming, it will cancel it. If you hold down shift it will charge your focus target, otherwise it will charge your current target.

Not trying to be a Smarta$$ but the typo on this macro had me smashing my head against the keyboard wondering why it didn't work..lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yes, unfortunately you need to double tap any macro that requires an equipment of stance/form change to get it to fire. Most macro lines are processed at the same time.

Thanks for the guide. Sticky requested. I would suggest adding/editing the quoted information into your original post. It may be helpful for inexperienced macro users (cough looks left cough).
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
01/10/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Xarga
For some reason my Fast Wall macro isn't working. I copied and pasted it exactly as you have it, and it was working before. Now that I'm trying to use it in Pandaria it's not working. I haven't changed anything aside from updating my Weapon Sets. Confusing.

You likely have an item other than a weapon in your set.

01/10/2013 09:03 AMPosted by Alenthor
Not trying to be a Smarta$$ but the typo on this macro had me smashing my head against the keyboard wondering why it didn't work..lol.
Well that's embarrassing, fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Thank god this thing was stickied finally, I was tired of googling for it... mostly because I could never spell "quintessential" right. Thankfully Google knew what I was looking for, no matter how poorly I spelled it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
01/17/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Collision
Thank god this thing was stickied finally, I was tired of googling for it... mostly because I could never spell "quintessential" right. Thankfully Google knew what I was looking for, no matter how poorly I spelled it.

Indeed.

Good !@#$ Quinten!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
SRH
Yo, they fix the Fury TG's bug. Now You have 2 stay with the shield or you'll loose the buff.
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
Your macro is working just fine for me Rufyn. I'd use
#showtooltip
/use [harm] charge
/use [help] intervene
/use [harm] hamstring

personally if I wanted that though. It isn't a one tap to charge and hamstring though. The way those macros work is that if you are in melee range you will hamstring, if you aren't you will charge.

01/17/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Khoot
Yo, they fix the Fury TG's bug. Now You have 2 stay with the shield or you'll loose the buff.

All references to that in the main post were removed well before you made your post and it was already mentioned in the subsequent discussion. I have edited my first post on the subject though just in case.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
D'you know if it's possible to cast heroic leap where your cursor is instead of having to click it?

Like smartcasting in LoL?
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
Not without breaking the EULA.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Hey Quinten, I hear Deadly calm is being taken out in 5.2. So anything that you have, you might want to get ready to start clearing out anything that pertains to it. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Will:
Intervene your target if it is a friend.
Charge your target if it is an Enemy.
Charge your focus when holding a mod key and your focus is an enemy.
Apply Hamstring afterwards if Applicable.
Apply Piercing Howl when holding a mod key instead of applying Hamstring and charge your focus. (FOCUS)
Apply Piercing Howl when holding a mod key instead of applying Hamstring. (NOFOCUS)

#showtooltip Charge
/use [mod,@focus,exists][harm] Charge; [nomod,help] Intervene
/use [mod] Piercing Howl; Hamstring
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
i wanna know if this macro is having any trouble with anyone else

/startattack
/cast berserker rage
/cast shield slam
/cast shield barrier

whenever i use it shield slam is always not working
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
i wanna know if this macro is having any trouble with anyone else

/startattack
/cast berserker rage
/cast shield slam
/cast shield barrier

whenever i use it shield slam is always not working

My lazy slam macro is still working in all it's variations
#showtooltip Shield Slam
/use 13
/use 14
/use 10
/use berserker rage
/use bloodbath
-/use shield block
-/use shield barrier
/use shield slam

- before a / will disable that line in the macro FYI. I suspect your issue is that you have /startattack on the first line. Not only is it redundant, it should go after shield slam if you were to use it in the macro out of nostalgia.

As for other comments. I will update the main post when 5.2 launches. I strongly dislike rushing out over proposed changes and having to preface "This works now, but won't in 5.2." because it means I need to do the even worse "This doesn't work now, but will in 5.2."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Any idea where I could go to digest, understand, and learn about macro's so that I might to be able to contribute, and become savvy! I'd like an informed direction, other than spending hours browsing google and finding useless information.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]