Out of date macro post

(Sticky)

73 Draenei Warrior
#showtooltip pummel
/use pummel
/use charge
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
@ Jadiana: You are best off starting at http://www.wowwiki.com/Macro There is also a nice post on the EU UI/Macro forums by Eléctrica http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3225373977

@Kharnroz: That exact macro is in the guide as an example of the everything charges concept.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Got a new macro for ya quinten

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help][help][] Safeguard; Charge

this makes is so you can safeguard (or intervene if you choose to go that route) something as long as it is friendly like a team mate or your banner. you can also target with this and as long as it is a friendly target, you can safeguard them. however you have to have a target be an enemy to charge them. you cannot mouseover charge them

The danger I think this would come with this would be that if you accidentally mouseover an ally or friendly target and then cast this when you intended to charge your target, you would burn your intervene or safeguard and then have the possibility of the enemy getting a crucial cast off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
why would you charge and pummel... # retard defect
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
02/18/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Maztek
why would you charge and pummel... # retard defect

Always Charge:
#showtooltip pummel
/use pummel
/use charge

What it does:
This macro is an example of a concept. Pummel and charge can safely be macroed together since you are either in range to pummel or out of range and forced to charge. Unless you mash excessively, you won't waste either. The extension of this principle is that you can also bind charge to almost any ability: hamstring, mortal strike, ect... This will, in theory, free up a keybind and provide faster reaction to a moving target. The downsides is you need to relearn how to play to an extent, and you have a risk of erratic behavior.

#Ability to read defect #Only a tool uses hashtags on wow forum posts
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Thanks for posting :) I'm going to be totally useless and say that I read it as "Quinten's Quintenssential Warrior Macros for Pandaria", and I was a little sad that the real title was clever and not punny >.>
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Hey Quinten, have you tried your focus charge macro? I had my own version and tried your version. Both versions seem to hang up if you have double time. Most of the time when I hit shift and charge it won't work but, out of the blue sometimes, it charges. Have you had any experience with this?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Vigilance
#showtooltip vigilance
/use [help][@targettarget] vigilance

I think a slight improvement to this would be

Vigilance
#showtooltip vigilance
/use [help][@targettarget] vigilance
/targetlasttarget

this makes it switch back to your original target without having to re-target them after casting vigilance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I just discerned an awesome new and improved intervene macro from the general forums after much brain cracking.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help][help][@targettarget, help] Intervene
/stopmacro [exists][@mouseover, exists, nohelp]
/tar Mocking Banner
/tar Demoralizing Banner
/tar Skull Banner
/cast Intervene
/targetlasttarget

His explanation of how it meets these conditions:

1. intervene my mouseover target if friendly
2. intervene my target if friendly and if i do not have a mouseover
3. intervene the target of my target if it is an enemy and if i do not have a mouseover
4. intervene my banner if the target of my target is me and if i do not have a mouseover
5. intervene my banner if I have no target or mouseover and I have a banner up
6. Act normally as intervene should (blue outlined glove pops up until you click a friendly eligible target and icon disappears upon clicking nothing)

Theoretically, that should check for your mouseover first, then your current target if you have no mouseover target or it's hostile, then your target's target if your current target is hostile. Ideally, if none of those are valid (which should include if your target's target is you) than it won't do anything. In the event you have a target or a friendly mouseover, this is where the macro stops.

Following that conditional, assuming you had no target or friendly mouseover, it should attempt to target the banners in the listed order and then cast Intervene one more time before restoring your last target (which is, hopefully, whatever was there before it targeted the banner).

The problems I can see with this are going to be that it won't intelligently choose your own banners, which could cause interference if there are multiple Warriors around; it could possibly change your target if you don't have a banner down, but the stopmacro condition should alleviate that if I'm right; and it may also not meet condition 6.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Just curious, can you show me how to make a macro using the raid markers?

Like I can target something, hit the macro, and it auto marks it with a skull, or X, or a square etc?

It's late and I was taking a quick scan through your guide, so sorry ahead of time if I'm asking about something you've already posted!

-Rob
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Smart Shout
/use [nomod:alt]Commanding Shout
/stopmacro [nomod:alt]
/run local i,B,C,b,s=GetMacroIndexByName("Shout"),"Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3,GetMacroInfo(i)) s=strfind(b,B)<20 EditMacro(i,"Shout",nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

I love that Smart Shout, saves me from swapping the shout. Here's my slight modification to add tooltips to the macro. I also added spaces after EditMacro() or I get random characters spouted to whatever chat channel I was on last.

#showtooltip
/run local m,B,C="Shout","Battle Shout","Commanding Shout" b=select(3, GetMacroInfo(m)) s=strfind(b,B)<40 EditMacro(m,m,nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

And to answer Robishi:

You want to use SetRaidTarget http://www.wowwiki.com/API_SetRaidTarget
/run SetRaidTarget("target",8)
Edited by Vyana on 3/9/2013 3:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Smart Shout
/run local i,B,C,b,s=GetMacroIndexByName("Shout"),"Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3,GetMacroInfo(i)) s=strfind(b,B)<20 EditMacro(i,"Shout",nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

I love that Smart Shout, saves me from swapping the shout. Here's my slight modification to add tooltips to the macro. I also added spaces after EditMacro() or I get random characters spouted to whatever chat channel I was on last.

#showtooltip
/run local m,B,C="Shout","Battle Shout","Commanding Shout" b=select(3, GetMacroInfo(m)) s=strfind(b,B)<40 EditMacro(m,m,nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

And to answer Robishi:

Right on, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Formerly Quintens Quintessential Warrior Macros
QQ warrior macros was last updated January 10th, 2013

Just Intervene your Banner
/cleartarget [help]
/target mocking banner
/target demoralizing banner
/use Intervene
/targetlasttarget [help]

What it does:
This just intervenes you to your banner. It won't place it.

is there anyway i can include /charge into it like lets say:

im rooted. i plant a banner 1st, then spam click the macro- it intervenes me to my banner(thus 'freeing' me) and then, charge towards my target.

would be useful fighting mages and druids.
Edited by Eldamari on 3/24/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior

Just an FYI this can be hard bound in the keybindings menu without wasting a macro slot.

@ Kerex, I like your macros and realize what they are doing. I am not sure I would ever use your banner macro/ intervene myself since it seems to insistent on firing something off. Kind of an, "I'm going to intervene something and I don't care what it is, but I'll only enter banner section if I have a target."

Hey Quinten, have you tried your focus charge macro? I had my own version and tried your version. Both versions seem to hang up if you have double time. Most of the time when I hit shift and charge it won't work but, out of the blue sometimes, it charges. Have you had any experience with this?

A typo got introduced in one of the past updates, don't know how or why. It's fixed now.

#showtooltip

Interesting modification, the spaces should be placed after battle shout not the end of the macro btw. That is why you were spouting into channels, it does a character to character replace so they need to be the same length. Your workaround works, but for ease of copy pasting and complaints I'll update it to:

#showtooltip
/use [nomod:alt]Battle Shout
/run local m,B,C="Shout","Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3, GetMacroInfo(m)) s=strfind(b,B)<40 EditMacro(m,m,nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

Also, I'm going to update things to code tags since they show spaces better.

Edit:

March 24th change log:
  • Fixed typo in the focus charge macro
  • Removed deadly calm macros
  • Updated smart shout macro
  • Switched to code tags to properly show spaces better
  • Added a juggling taunt macro
  • Edited by Quinten on 3/24/2013 9:36 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    Changed the Stopmacro line to help with the targetting issues.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help][@targettarget,help]Intervene
    /stopmacro [help][@mouseover,help][@targettarget,help]
    /tar Mocking Banner
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /tar Skull Banner
    /cast Intervene
    /targetlasttarget
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    Hail, quinten!

I know you have presented a disarm mouseover macro, but I was wondering if you could give me a focus one. I'm a little dopey at targeting, and the only one i've come up with is a two press one, which targeted my focus then disarmed, which I assumed was wrong because my pummel just pummeled. Or is there only a two press focus one (and that is why you made a mouseover one)?

I'm a bit newbie at macros, so forgive please :3
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    I am finding that the updated smart shout macro is not working. It will work with battle shout but not with commanding shout.

Is the smart shout macro supposed to keep its preset once you hit the alt key or is it supposed to be only when alt is held down?
    Reply Quote
    96 Gnome Warrior
    redid the copy pasta just to be sure:
    #showtooltip
    /run local m,B,C="Shout","Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3, GetMacroInfo(m)) s=strfind(b,B)<40 EditMacro(m,m,nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Warrior
    I seem to need help with pvp. Just seems like im geting destroyed by ranged, idk if its just because of the type of play or because im being a baddie. Im still relatively new to PvP, have been looking for a helpful good pvp guild so i can surround myself with better players and learn from them... .goboston1986@hotmail.com if you guys have information or are recruiting!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]