Quintessential Warrior Macros for Pandaria

(Sticky)

90 Draenei Warrior
For those clickers like me trying their best at not clicking, and tired of being stuck with a dead target on really busy situations. Really useful for new players.

#showtooltip
/cast Skill of choice
/cleartarget [dead]
/startattack [nodead, harm]

What it does: It targets and starts auto attack a hostile living target, unlike autoattack.
If target is dead, it clears your target, and moves on to the next/nearest hostile living target.

I does not switch or tab targets if current target is hostile, but it does switch to the next/nearest target if hostile changes to friendly.

For the Fury Warriors out there.

#showtooltip
/cast Wild Strike
/use [mod:modifier of choice] Heroic Strike
/cleartarget [dead]
/startattack [nodead, harm]

What it does: Uses Wild Strike on normal action bar press. Changes to Heroic Strike on modifier.
Useful when Bloodsurge procs and convenient when is not, as Heroic Strike is not the Global Cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Startattack is baked into all warrior single target melee abilities and targets automatically drop upon death. I am not sure what the point of those macros is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Guess in that case I have to thank you for that updated info.
I always found troubling having to click on targets, wrongly attacking neutrals and having to tab when current targets switched from hostile to friendly and needing to tab.

Guess not anymore.
Reply Quote
78 Human Warrior
Utility macros

Smart Shout
#showtooltip
/use [nomod:alt]Commanding Shout
/stopmacro [nomod:alt]
/run local m,B,C="Shout","Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3, GetMacroInfo(m)) s=strfind(b,B)<40 EditMacro(m,m,nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

What it does:
It will cast commanding shout, if you hit alt when you press it then it will automatically swap to commanding shout (out of combat only). Usefull since it saves a bind given that you are rarely to switch the shout you are using mid fight. All praise be to Ro who first showed me this and Ratatoskr who updated it for the world of rage generation by making it not cast the shout you were moving off of.

So first off quint, this thread is awesome. I have incorporated so many of the macros here into my very own versions that work pretty well =) I have finally been able to add focus, mouseovers and target attacks all in one macro so i can use any of the three with only 1 modifier per macro!!! it has free'd up about 11 keybind spots HA.

Im not sure if somebody has posted on this or not already but I thought I would say something anyway. I really liked the idea of this shout macro, using a modifier to cast one and casting another on normal click or keybind but the macro info put up was a bit confusing to me and when i copied it down it was not working so i tried something much more simple that worked out to do the same thing.

Basically the macro I went with was this
#showtooltip Battleshout
/use [modifier:shift] commanding shout
/use [nomod:shift] battle shout

What this does for me is use battle shout when cast, and commanding shout when cast with modifier. I have actually since updated my own macro and added a few more things to it for pvp purposes. For me it looks like this now

#showtooltip Battleshout
/use [nostance:1] battle stance
/equipset 1sword
/use [modifier:shift] commanding shout
/use [nomod:shift] battle shout

This will cast battle shout upon click, commanding with modifier, it will also throw you into battle stance if your not in it already and equip the item set bringing out multiple uses for this 1 keybind saving even more space on your bars!!!!

Anyway just thought I would post this in case it helps anyone out.

Edit - also would like to note that this does work with alt modifier as well.
Edited by Hulksmaash on 4/16/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Quinten, you sir are levels above me as a warrior, and have given me occasion to reassess my performance. Thank you

here's a little one I like to add to the end of my /castsequence macros

/cast [@targettarget] Vigilance

This way if I miss a Shield Slam or Devestate and start to drop threat I can pull back some of that damage onto myself and keep my healer from having to split his focus until I can pick up my threat level again
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
hey i'm looking for a macro that will automatically mark my mocking banner when I drop it. Anyone got any tips?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Hi friends. Quick question..

I want sort of a one shot macro but for PvE. One that pops Bloodbath/Dragon's Roar/Recklessness/ and banner. But, they all have different cds.

Could someone make me one that still does this, but goes to the next cd and pops it if it is off cooldown??

Much Thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
hey i'm looking for a macro that will automatically mark my mocking banner when I drop it. Anyone got any tips?

I do not know an elegant way to do what you are asking, but you can make a macro that sets a target on your mocking banner:

/cleartarget
/use mocking banner
/targetexact Mocking Banner
/run if not GetRaidTargetIndex("target") then SetRaidTarget("target", 3) end
/targetlasttarget

If banners weren't treated as totems, this would be so much easier. The above macro needs a doubletap. If anyone knows a better way, let me know.

Hi friends. Quick question..

I want sort of a one shot macro but for PvE. One that pops Bloodbath/Dragon's Roar/Recklessness/ and banner. But, they all have different cds.

Could someone make me one that still does this, but goes to the next cd and pops it if it is off cooldown??

Much Thanks :)

If you use a one shot macro it will use all the ones you currently have off cooldown. You can't program a sequence unless there is a shared cooldown.
Edited by Quinten on 5/4/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I saw a few versions of this but nothing like it. This is my mouse wheel down macro and it is amazing

#showtooltip Shield Wall
/cancelaura bladestorm
/use [worn:shields]Shield Wall
/equipset [noworn:shields,form:2]S&B
/use [noform:2]Defensive Stance

1 tick, D Stance
2 tick, S&B
3 tick, Shield Wall

Because I use the mouse wheel for this keybind I can control the ticks. If need to Wall fast, I just run my finger down the mouse wheel, it takes the same amount of time as one button press. Or I can control the ticks and decide based on the situation.

Now as a Warrior I never use slam while in Defensive stance, I don't have the rage for one and two I usually pooling rage for when I come out to counter. This is my macro mixed in with a wep swap bstance with re-equip protection. We all know equipset macros spam

#showtooltip Slam
/use [worn:Two-Handed Axes]Slam
/use [noform:1]Battle Stance
/stopmacro [worn:Two-Handed Axes]
/equipset PVP

and my focus ham/charge

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/use [nomod]Charge; [@focus,mod:shift]Charge
/use [nomod]Hamstring; [@focus,mod:shift]Hamstring
/startattack
Edited by River on 5/21/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Can you help with this macro. I can't seem to get it too work with my warrior.

#showtooltip recklessness
/ cast recklessness
/ cast avatar
/ use skull banner

my arena partner uses it on his warrior but I can't get it too work. All gcds are renewed.

thanks
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
You inserted a space between "/" and "cast" or "use". This is wrong. There should not be a space there.

#showtooltip recklessness
/cast recklessness
/cast avatar
/use skull banner

Also, instead of
#showtooltip Slam
/use [worn:Two-Handed Axes]Slam
/stopmacro [worn:Two-Handed Axes]
/equipset PVP

Might I suggest:

#showtooltip Slam
/use [noworn:shields]Slam
/stopmacro [noworn:shields]
/equipset PVP

That works with non-axes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Ok. Thanks for the help. I got it working now and hitting like a truck.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Hello
New warrior here to macros so bear with me as it's a little confusing still. I was wondering how to make a macro that combines specific attacks. I tried this out but can't get it to work so I need some help.

#showtooltip Col/Mort/slam
/cast colossal smash
/cast mortal strike
/cast slam

I just started it off at this but no luck. Once I get the linking of them together down and figured out, I should be able to go from there.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
What you ask is not possible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
ok thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Im looking for a macro, dunno if it's possible

looking for a safegaurd macro that will safegaurd to a "banner of choice" if nothing or an ememy is targeted, otherwise if a friendly unit is targeted it will safegaurd to them instead.

thougths? make sense?

fyi, Im also a filthy clicker :P so mouseover macro's do me no good, thank you!
Edited by Grimbul on 6/19/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

#showtooltip
/use [help] intervene
/stopmacro [help]
/cleartarget
/target skull banner
/target mocking banner
/target demoralizing banner
/use intervene
/targetlasttarget
Edited by Quinten on 7/6/2013 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Since wrath I've macrod victory rush to heroic strike just to save a bind. Ive really liked it since. HS is off the gcd, so you can macro them together no issues.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast heroic strike
/cast victory rush
Reply Quote
Wonderful thread. Thanks for your continued efforts in keeping it updated.

A macro I have recently started using is kinda simple:

#showtooltip demoralizing shout
/cast demoralizing shout
/cast bloodbath
/use 10
/cast shield block

This is coupled with the glyph of incite and is a nice damage boost that's up every minute. My question is do I have to retype all of this into my 3 minute damage macro or can I just /use demobleed to refer to the above?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
#showtooltip
/use [nomod:alt]Commanding Shout
/stopmacro [nomod:alt]
/run local m,B,C="Shout","Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3, GetMacroInfo(m)) s=strfind(b,B)<40 EditMacro(m,m,nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1))

I don't understand this Macro at all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]