Ask Creative Development — Round III Answers

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the statement of Fel energy working as a radiation factor. If that were so, then all warlocks should have a fel glint in their eye. And, since it works as a radiation, then a warlocks spouse, or very close friends should also have the fel glint, children would also fall under this.

Okay, so if the glow is only for blood elves then what happens when one encounters a member of the Silver Covenant, a group completely comprised of high elves, whose eyes glow blue. Would that high elf suddenly have glowing green eyes because of the close proximity of a blood elf?

"You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green."

But apparently if you were in Northrend you're clean of the taint.

I think that if the elf doesn't actively use the fel then there shouldn't be a fel glow to their eyes. Unless they've been fel-touched which most of the blood elven society has, I CAN agree with that. I'd just like to be given clarity if this was a statement to all both elves or if this was a Blood Elves have green eyes because they've been fel-touched.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the statement of Fel energy working as a radiation factor. If that were so, then all warlocks should have a fel glint in their eye. And, since it works as a radiation, then a warlocks spouse, or very close friends should also have the fel glint, children would also fall under this.

Okay, so if the glow is only for blood elves then what happens when one encounters a member of the Silver Covenant, a group completely comprised of high elves, whose eyes glow blue. Would that high elf suddenly have glowing green eyes because of the close proximity of a blood elf?

"You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green."

But apparently if you were in Northrend you're clean of the taint.

I think that if the elf doesn't actively use the fel then there shouldn't be a fel glow to their eyes. Unless they've been fel-touched which most of the blood elven society has, I CAN agree with that. I'd just like to be given clarity if this was a statement to all both elves or if this was a Blood Elves have green eyes because they've been fel-touched.

We aren't told how much it takes. Remember, the Orcs were using fel magic that created places like Hellfire Peninsula and Shadowmoon Valley. Meanwhile, the Blood Elves were erecting massive fel green crystals around their lands.

We're not talking about if a warlock summons an imp in front of a High Elf, the High Elf's eyes turn green. That's not enough exposure at one time. We're talking about something much bigger and more focused than something a normal warlock can produce.
85 Tauren Shaman
So why hasn't every High Elf fighting the Legion turned Green?
90 Tauren Druid
I find that raid finder is a great training tool. Will Blizzard eventually add all current raids to raid finder?

Also...

It would be great if Blizzard would create a raid section in the forums where they display raid strat videos. Their already avaible through 3rd parties. Why not cut out the middle man.

And one last thing...

Why not JP instead of gold int he loot bags. that would be alot more rewarding then gold.
Edited by Lunartic on 9/12/2012 10:12 AM PDT
90 Human Rogue
Soooooo

are you guys going to answer the question about code embeded screenshots? The question that got edited out for the website interview that was asked twice, not acknowledged and completely ignored?
Edited by Shadøwføx on 9/13/2012 2:54 PM PDT
43 Tauren Paladin
Garithos = best character in the Warcraft universe. Shame you had to kill him off in TFT. Would be great in WoW.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I find that raid finder is a great training tool. Will Blizzard eventually add all current raids to raid finder?

Also...

It would be great if Blizzard would create a raid section in the forums where they display raid strat videos. Their already avaible through 3rd parties. Why not cut out the middle man.

And one last thing...

Why not JP instead of gold int he loot bags. that would be alot more rewarding then gold.

Soooooo

are you guys going to answer the question about code embeded screenshots? The question that got edited out for the website interview that was asked twice, not acknowledged and completely ignored?

Pay attention to the darn thread instead of posting without reading the OP.

1. This is the lore/story Q&A.

2. They're not taking questions, they're posting answers to ones collected almost half a year ago.
100 Worgen Hunter
some of it just created different questions
100 Night Elf Warrior
In regards to the green eyes of Blood Elves, i think it's important to point out that Warcraft Elves have a particular, and peculiar, afinity for magic. With most races, magic is a tool, but to Elves it is a drug and, because of their evolutionary link to the Well of Eternity, it infuses their entire being.

General Warlocks also don't have to feed the addiction the Blood Elves did, the constant need for magic driving them to literally consume, rather than channel, fel energies.
87 Blood Elf Paladin
These are the answers we've been waiting for?

Son, I am disappoint.
85 Tauren Shaman
Q: What is Elune? Is she tied to any other beings (Naaru, Titans, Loa, Elementals, An’she, etc.) in the setting’s cosmology?
A: See the final answer in Ask Creative Development, Round 2. Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration.

Just wanna say again that this is utter nonsense and a bad idea Blizz.

Don't make Elune a Naaru.
90 Human Warrior
Q: What is Elune? Is she tied to any other beings (Naaru, Titans, Loa, Elementals, An’she, etc.) in the setting’s cosmology?
A: See the final answer in Ask Creative Development, Round 2. Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration.

Just wanna say again that this is utter nonsense and a bad idea Blizz.

Don't make Elune a Naaru.

What the Tauren said.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have a question - is there a way for a player to find and get to the city of Nyalotha in the current x-pack ? Does the box actually open ? Is there a reward for whoever opens it ?
85 Tauren Shaman
11/21/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Allyse
I have a question - is there a way for a player to find and get to the city of Nyalotha in the current x-pack ? Does the box actually open ? Is there a reward for whoever opens it ?

Nope.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I am a RPer on Wrymrest Accord and I try to follow Lore as much as I can. However, the lore and understand of the Class I RolePlay as is very scattered. I RP the Demon Hunter class, and I have been for three years now. But there is some lore I'm trying to find out by research, however having some trouble.

All the General Lore on Demon Hunters are here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_Hunter

First off I'm wondering about how Demon Hunters receive their tattoos. Are they just tattoos, or are they classified as it?

Well I've had multiple people explain that the Tattoos on a Demon Hunter, as well as Illidan Stormrage are Rune Symbols. Now I asked, how could this be?

I was then told that a Dark Scribe ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_inscriber ) would inscribe these rune symbols on the Demon Hunters bodies to empower their Arcane, Fire, and Shadow energy.

Now I ask once again, how or what symbols would they use? As mentioned, Dark Scribes blend their Arcanist magic and Rune patterns to create their own spells. Now are these spells of their creating, or do they have some Lore line to it involving the Rune Patterns of the Ley-Lines. ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Ley_line )

All in All- I want to know how a Demon Hunter gains these markings on their body, are they runes, who put them there, how, and why?

If anyone has any knowledge that they can back up with text proof I would appreciate an explanation.

Thanks and cannot wait for feedback!
90 Tauren Warrior
I am still pissy aout the unexplained Garrosh's behavior.
(It's all I have been talking about ever since Tides of War came out)
91 Night Elf Rogue
When the heck will they finally release Round IV?
NECROMANCERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100 Night Elf Rogue
When the heck will they finally release Round IV?

I'm hoping that the scrapped the project.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]