Ask Creative Development — Round III Answers

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Warrior
I really love these Q&As. :)
90 Human Warrior
But if not an Old God...whats whispering to lost blood elves and where then is the Puzzlebox pointing me when it mentions woods and black forests.

That does it...I'm gettin' the shovel. LFM Tirisfal Glades raid...

I'll tank for you!
Don't worry about my faction credentials.... I'm with the Cenarion Circle! >.>

If you can ignore my honor kill count, I can ignore that the bear in front of me has horns. You're in!
91 Blood Elf Mage
This was so good! I love these Q&As. The whole Elune thing I didn't like. I wish they kept her a unique deity.. maybe Velen is finally senile 8D I hope! the rest was awesome, thank you so much!
90 Worgen Warrior
Great stuff for us RPers, particularly the bit on Garithos for those of us who RP being from Lordaeron.
55 Gnome Death Knight
I'm just happy to have confirmation on Sabellian's survival.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Aw... Elf bum hurt goes deep.

Remember when you were all trolls?

That was funny.

Remember when your race was enslaved by trolls?

That was funny.
In Cataclysm, the story of the Goblins and the Worgen were pretty much left in the dust after you finished the starting zone for the respective races and there was virtually no presence in end game content for the two races.

Will the same treatment be done with the Pandaren in Mists of Pandaria or will we see Pandaren related lore in end game content. I would assume so since this expansion doesn't have a main protagonist.
85 Night Elf Druid
09/05/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Dryker
... except for the fact that Cenarius clearly represents his parentage in terms of his father.

Who was also a spirit.

09/05/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Dryker
Elune's Light and "The Light" aren't one and the same either - All direct "Moon" spells have always been Arcane energy, not Holy.

It's not without precedent in the lore for Arcane and Light to be mingled.
90 Night Elf Druid
Malorne isn't a spirit.
85 Night Elf Druid
Aren't all the ancients spirits?
63 Draenei Paladin
Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.

I think the incredibly unsettling thing is the 7th and final Sha and will be fought alongside Sylvanas in a MoP Raid instance which will in turn lead into The Seige of Orgrimmar raid where Garrosh will capture all 7 Sha and follwing his defeat at the hands of Raiders merge them into one being bringing back the seven headed Old God Y'shaarj.
90 Human Paladin
Q: How does Cenarius view the Horde? Considering that Cenarius’ first instinct upon seeing orcs in his forest was to attack them, and Cenarius was killed by the father of the current warchief, it seems odd that Cenarius and his allies are so cordial to the Horde and orcs in particular in Hyjal.
A: Despite no longer having warlocks in their ranks, the orcs of Thrall’s Horde still carried within them the unmistakable mark of the Burning Legion upon their very souls up until the moment that Grom Hellscream defeated Mannoroth. Cenarius, as a being so attuned to nature that he can sense the slightest corruption, assumed that the orcs in Ashenvale were scouts of the Legion. This, ironically, sent the Warsong clan back into the service of Mannoroth and lead to the reestablishment of their connection to the potent fel magics that first bound them to the Legion. Cenarius’s spirit returned to the Emerald Dream after his defeat, and within it, he was able to sense the events of the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Cenarius saw the orcs defend Nordrassil hand-in-hand with the night elves and humans, and developed a growing respect for them. Cenarius saw that, despite their fel taint, they were allies against the Legion and defenders of the land (noting Garrosh’s father’s victory over his former enslaver in particular), so when both he and the Horde returned to Hyjal to defend the World Tree once again, Cenarius saw the orcs and their allies in a new light.

But what about the Orcs that are currently in Ashenvale - sorry, the Orcs that are currently destroying Ashenvale, and that have been at it ever since Vanilla WoW. You can't say that it's just "Garrosh's" orcs, as they've been attacking the Night Elves and the Spirits of the forest since WoW launched. Back in Warcraft III, the Demi Gods and the Spirits of the Forest were staunch allies of the Night Elves, and they helped in the effort to push back the Orcs. Right now, the Night Elves and the Orcs are at war; and now that the temporary pact at Hyjal has ended and Ragnaros is defeated, will Cenarius and the other spirits help the Night Elves push the Orcs out of Ashenvale, as they have done in the past?

Or will you be taking them away from the Night Elves, and making them into another neutral faction that tries to make peace between the two species? The actions of a few Orcs - and there were but a few at Hyjal, as the vast majority of the defenders there were either Kaldorei or Tauren, with the Kaldorei making up the bulk of the numbers - do not excuse the actions of the species as a whole. A few, individual Orcs may have gone to Hyjal of their own volition, but the vast majority of the Orcs were being sent not to Hyjal, but to Ashenvale - to continue the war against the Night Elves, and destroy the forest.
In Cataclysm, the story of the Goblins and the Worgen were pretty much left in the dust after you finished the starting zone for the respective races and there was virtually no presence in end game content for the two races.

Will the same treatment be done with the Pandaren in Mists of Pandaria or will we see Pandaren related lore in end game content. I would assume so since this expansion doesn't have a main protagonist.

Trust me, if anything the problem is too much Pandaren content this time around.

Once the patches start rolling in the ratio of Pandaren content might go down a bit, but even if not a single new Pandaren NPC appears from patch 5.1 to the Siege of Orgrimmar, they still won't have the problems the Worgen and Goblins had.
4 Draenei Shaman
09/05/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Vyrin
As for the idea that the newly risen do everything the Forsaken want them to do, that's blatently false. The answer even states that only some newly undead are in this state, and that this state is, ultimately, temporary.

If that were the case why don't we see any who immediately reject the Forsaken upon being raised? We see a 100% "attack the other guys" success rate. Even if they're given a choice later the damage has already been done. They were still forced to attack their friends and family against their will. They did not give consent, they did not have agency. This is no different from the Scourge.

Undead starting area.

One person joins the Forsaken, one has a "I'M NOT A MONSTER! /flee" reaction and goes off on her own and one turns against the Forsaken.
88 Worgen Druid
And what of the Emerald dream in World of Warcraft? Are there plans of it ever becoming an actual place to travel to? Seeing as there are portals to the emerald dream already in place around the world.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Undead starting area.

One person joins the Forsaken, one has a "I'M NOT A MONSTER! /flee" reaction and goes off on her own and one turns against the Forsaken.

And we see nothing like it in Silverpine and Hillsbrad, and this Cdev answer explained is that the reason we don't is because the Forsaken control them until their goals are accomplished before offering them the choice, and even then the choice is "serve us or die." No "or do your own thing" anymore.
63 Draenei Paladin
Q: Is there a reason that many priest spells, especially shadow priest spells, have names that refer to psychic phenomena like "Mind Spike" or "Psychic Horror?” Are priests implicitly telepaths?A: The Light is often said to bring about feelings of positive emotion -- hope, courage, comfort -- and the like. Shadow abilities are just the opposite, able to impart feelings like despair, doubt, and panic. In a poetic sense, it can be said that the emotions which the Light brings about come from the “heart,” whereas the emotions manipulated by shadow are often based on survival logic, and therefore affect the “mind.” That said, priests and their abilities are not necessarily always psychic or telepathic in nature.

It seems that The Holy Light is willpower based magic with The Forgotten Shadow being Psionic energy while Fel and Arcane magic are Void based magic(the realm of Arcane: The Twisting Nether is sometimes called The Void)
Edited by Archpaladin on 9/5/2012 2:04 PM PDT
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
As for the wonderfully unique Med’an, no one has seen hide, nor hair of him following Maraad’s return to the Exodar, leading some to believe that he has traveled to a new world or plane to continue his training.
I couldn't help but laugh at this part. Even after he was essentially retconned from the game, his mary sueness continues!!!
100 Orc Warrior
Oh nice! I wasn't expecting this anytime soon.

Although, oi, throwing fuel on the Elune debate fire.
100 Human Warrior
Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.

Must.

Resist.

Temptation.

To.

DIG!!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]