Cenarion Raiment 3 piece set bonus

60 Night Elf Druid
The Cenarion Raiment (druid tier 1) 3-piece set bonus now reads:
Damage delt by Thorns increased by 4 and duration increased by 50%.
REDESIGN, SPELL RETIRED

Somebody forgot to redesign it.

Also, the 8-piece set bonus modifies the tranquility spell, which is now learned after level 60. The Cenarion Raiment set is a level 60 set.

I would venture to guess that most of the Vanilla armor sets need to be looked at for incompatible set bonuses.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
They sure do need to be looked at. Comprehensive list time!

DRUID
Tier 1: 3 piece (Thorns, obviously) and 8 piece (Tranquilty learned after level 60)
Tier 3: 2 piece would not grant Runic Power to Death Knights (considering that a number of pre-WotLK content was modified to include the new class, perhaps this should too?), 4-set modifies Tranquility (but also other spells)

MAGE
Tier 1: 5 piece grants Spell Penetration, an obsolete stat (unless it converts to PvP power in this instance - in either case, it still says Spell Penetration)

SHAMAN
Tier 1: 3 set is entirely redundant (totems already have a 30 yd range)
Tier 3: 4 set modifies Mana Spring totem, which no longer exists

WARRIOR
Tier 1: 8 set modifies both Sunder Armor and Devastate, redundant as Devastate replaces Sunder Armor
Tier 2: 3 set modifies the Strength and Agility bonus of Battle Shot, which now grants 10% AP instead
Tier 3: 4 set modifies the hit chance of Taunt, which is unneeded, and also affects Challenging Shout which no longer exists. 6 set also modifies both Sunder Armor and Devastate

HUNTER
Tier 3: 6 and 8 set bonuses both relate to mana usage. Hunters do not use Mana anymore

PALADIN
Tier 2: 3 set bonus affects Auras which do not exist anymore
Tier 3: 2 set affects Judgment of Light, which no longer exists

ROGUE
Tier 2: 8-set has a Heal over Time component that seems to be very, very strong. This character reports a heal of 9,357 every second for 6 seconds, which would be absurdly powerful when this set was relevant. Coincidentally, 9,357 is exactly 50 more than my current spell power - as such, I am guessing that the heal's value is 50 + spell power (which hopefully will not be a very high number for Rogues), as that heal is much more reasonable

WARLOCK
Tier 3: 6-set modifies Curse of Agony which does not exist anymore

After all that, I'm going to throw in this side-note: these bugs are not likely to be addressed because they simply aren't relevant
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Thanks, Torisee. I was hoping somebody would report the other set piece bonuses because I didn't know which of them were no longer relevant.

I've reported something like this just about every major patch since Cataclysm, and it seems nothing happens. The comment "REDESIGN, SPELL RETIRED" that now appears on the tooltip suggests Blizzard is at least aware that it's broken.

I spend a lot of time in the twink battlegrounds. Those of us in that bracket still consider these set bonuses relevant, and I hope Blizzard decides to do so as well.

Oh, and if there's a better place this feedback could be posted, I'm all ears. I know that fixing this bug requires designing an entirely new bonus to replace it and as such will require input from the class designers.
Edited by Lorinall on 9/6/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
dont forget paladin, tier 2.5, 2 set bonus gives bonus time to judgements, which no longer have a duration.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
I also wanted to add that the Zul'Gurub Trinket, [Wushoolay's Charm of Nature] modifies Tranquility, which is no longer learned until after level 60. While looking at old Tier gear, it is probably best to fix the trinkets too. (They're no longer obtainable, but they are still in the game).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Thanks, Torisee. I was hoping somebody would report the other set piece bonuses because I didn't know which of them were no longer relevant.

I've reported something like this just about every major patch since Cataclysm, and it seems nothing happens. The comment "REDESIGN, SPELL RETIRED" that now appears on the tooltip suggests Blizzard is at least aware that it's broken.

I spend a lot of time in the twink battlegrounds. Those of us in that bracket still consider these set bonuses relevant, and I hope Blizzard decides to do so as well.

Oh, and if there's a better place this feedback could be posted, I'm all ears. I know that fixing this bug requires designing an entirely new bonus to replace it and as such will require input from the class designers.

My pleasure. As I stated above, don't cross your fingers that any of this is going to be fixed any time soon. I'm guessing you're a 60 twink?
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
More of a never-leveled-past-60, but that means I battleground with the twinks. I have a some of no-longer obtainable gear and such on this character, and from my perspective at least, it is still "relevant" content, in that it is in the game and it interacts with other players.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
While we're at it, I guess I can throw in the 3-piece druid Zul'Gurub set bonus. This one isn't actually broken, but it increases the duration of Faerie Fire by 5 seconds. Since the set bonus cane out, Faerie Fire has become two debuffs: one makes the target unable to stealth or become invisible, the other is the Weakened Blows debuff. Only the former is increased. Also, the duration of Faerie fire used to be 45 seconds. Now it is 5 or 6 minutes (I forget which). At this duration, the additional 5 seconds is a ridiculous bonus. It is quite simply insignificant.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
The issue in the original post has been addressed in 5.1. Still looking up if any of the other set bonuses have been adjusted.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Correction: The Thorns component of the Cenarion Rainment has been corrected. Tranquility has not (which might be a design decision, as the spell is still in the game, just not known at level 60.
The set bonus now reads:
"Increases Intellect by 10."

MAGE
Tier 1: 5 piece grants Spell Penetration, an obsolete stat (unless it converts to PvP power in this instance - in either case, it still says Spell Penetration)

The set bonus now reads:
"Reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 5%."

I will create a new thread in the Bug report forum with a more general title so that it is not overlooked as corrected.

Please post issues relating to all set bonuses other than the Cenarion 3 piece set bonus here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320082526
Edited by Lorinall on 12/5/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]