MoP almost didn't happen

I've said this many times before. The whole idea of the Gilnean people specifically embracing druidism and their feral natures almost immediately contrary to generations upon generations of industrialism and a more refined culture feels like a giant cop-out to try and not include them into significant Alliance developments, because LOL NATURE. In fact, the entire idea of Druidism feels like a cop-out in general, especially when its supposed "neutrality" falls flat on its face when faced against the Horde and the Forsaken mucking up the natural order for their own selfish ends.

I have always wanted a race of refined, industrialized people that give their enemies a smarmy Simon Cowell-esque verbal thrashing of everything from their manhoods to their adequacy in combat and in bed, while giving them a physical beatdown in their feral forms, making snide remarks about their predicament.

I never wanted wolf elves.

EDIT: Essentially, I wantged a race of Beast from X-Men, not furry Night Elves.

I agree that the cultural revolution that's occuring in Gilnean culture still feels rather contrived. But there most certainly -was- an Order of Gilnean druids. In fact, Celestine referred to herself as a druid. That being said, I'd doubt even the druids of gilneas would automatically accept elvish druidism. Those whom did it were likely an oddity, not something that represents the main part of Gilnean society.

They are in many ways a very independent nation that strives towards autonomy. Them becoming so automatically attracted to another culture as an entire people goes against what Gilneas is.

And, really, that's all we see. Even in the places where they use their normal buildings, or destroyed ones, they have a large Druid influence or are there to save other Worgen. We really don't see the Gilnean culture in the game besides their Druid culture. And even that isn't really shown.
Edited by Vorien on 9/2/2012 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What we need is another undead expansion.

Where Putricide and Putress are the main villains.

No Lily Voss.
Edited by Merik on 9/2/2012 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Surely you mean where Sylvanas is the main villain?
Reply Quote

No Lily Voss.

Putress is dead. Unless if it was just a set back. Which I wouldn't actually mind because I liked his character and love his voice and armor set.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I agree that the cultural revolution that's occuring in Gilnean culture still feels rather contrived. But there most certainly -was- an Order of Gilnean druids. In fact, Celestine referred to herself as a druid. That being said, I'd doubt even the druids of gilneas would automatically accept elvish druidism. Those whom did it were likely an oddity, not something that represents the main part of Gilnean society.

They are in many ways a very independent nation that strives towards autonomy. Them becoming so automatically attracted to another culture as an entire people goes against what Gilneas is.

And, really, that's all we see. Even in the places where they use their normal buildings, or destroyed ones, they have a large Druid influence or are there to save other Worgen. We really don't see the Gilnean culture in the game besides their Druid culture. And even that isn't really shown.

I agree completely with this. Even focusing on druid culture, it's -Kaldorei- druid culture. There's nothing about actual Gilnean druids, or as other people have said, Gilneans in general. Pretty depressing. :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
IF ONLY.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Hope I never find where you live..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Be honest. She'd make a fantastic villain.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Be honest. She is a fantastic villain.

fix't
Edited by Ferenold on 9/2/2012 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

fix't

swag
Reply Quote

I agree completely with this. Even focusing on druid culture, it's -Kaldorei- druid culture. There's nothing about actual Gilnean druids, or as other people have said, Gilneans in general. Pretty depressing. :<

Especially since Genn had only heard that druidism was practiced among some of Gilneas's agrarian folk, but he hadn't been exposed to it until recently. Now, everyone embraces the Kaldorei druid culture?
Reply Quote
I wish MoP never would have happened! Pandaren are just so... silly to me. Yeah yeah, they aren't a joke race, whatever, I get that. It still doesn't negate the fact that just... ugh, yeah. I dunno.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
they're no worse than the goblin starting zone

BUT NO CLEARLY THAT AIN'T SILLY TO AN'BODY.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Especially since Genn had only heard that druidism was practiced among some of Gilneas's agrarian folk, but he hadn't been exposed to it until recently. Now, everyone embraces the Kaldorei druid culture?

Except that directly conflicts with the passage in Genn's story that talked about how the Kaldorei druid turning into a bird "Reminded him of the Gilnean Druids." Yay for contradictory writing.

Anyhow, your point is well-taken. I don't think even Gilnean druids would automatically embrace Kaldorei culture. They're called -Keepers of the Old Ways-, according to Celestine. That implies conserving the old, which mixes in rather well with conservative, Gilnean isolationism. I can't imagine them as a colelctive tossing their stories away and being like: "Yeah, Kaldorei druidism and ancients! Gilneas is worthless!" A few? Sure. Ferenold to some extent was one of those people for a very brief amount of time.
Reply Quote

I can tolerate Goblins as a race much more so than panda men.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

http://i.imgur.com/gMcrh.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

I can tolerate Goblins as a race much more so than panda men.

:|
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I wish they had stuck with whatever their original plan was.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I may be in the minority, but I am very happy about Mists of Pandaria. I can't wait to roll my Pandaren. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]