Spinebreaker cross realm with Tol Barad

90 Night Elf Druid
I think that the cross realm stuff is great and it looks like you can do a lot of great stuff with it until that is I went outside of Stormwind and noticed lots of people arguing and speaking a different language. I then realized that you had cross realmed an American server with a Brazilian server. It's horrible. Everyone is arguing and saying hurtful slurs about 9/11 and the Americans are saying horrible things to the Brazilians. This would all be fine if you just cross-realmed an American server with an American server and a Brazilian server with another Brazilian server. BLIZZARD Y U DO THIS?
Reply Quote
A great idea lets merge an english speaking server with a non speaking one that makes senses. Right????
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
It's so dumb. We walk into Elwynn Forest, and I see, "HUEAHUEHAUE." If they want it so we can interact with more people, why not group us with a realm with people we can actually communicate with? Not saying anything is wrong with the Brazilians, it's just that this was obviously not thought through.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The Cross realm is great. amazing for leveling and social wise... or it would be if we were able to communicate with the realms we were merged with. It was great to see more people, but the racial slurs back n forth isnt needed and easily prevented.... Blizzard help us out... We would love to be merged with a server that speaks English. Nothing agianst any other languages but i would like to communicate with the people i am playing with. I enjoy the realm changes and hope to see impovements soon!
Edited by Animorph on 9/4/2012 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I have to agree with the OP on this one. The cross realm feature seems like a very well implemented idea that has this one main drawback on our realm. The language barrier is immense and in most cases it takes away all that this feature is supposed to provide. Hopefully Blizzard will remedy this on Spinebreaker. : /
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Great idea, poor server choice.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
09/04/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Zachderpherp
it's just that this was obviously not thought through

I think the group who worked on this idea of crossing english and noneglish speaking servers needs to be drug tested.
/golfclap
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yea i noticed the same, its rather stupid, and hopefully a mistake how they merged them. I just can't seem to understand the reasoning. All this would accomplish is us seeing more people in the zones rather then being able to group up and work with them, I for one at least don't speak Spanish let alone Portuguese.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
WTB BR translation glyph on Arcane Intellect...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490400373?page=2

Blizz staff reads General for feedback (believe it or not). Might be better to post there.

P.S. Don't do a petition, for those who don't know. It'll get deleted.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
its nice to be able to play with more people since our realm is low pop and i like the idea of more world pvp... but its difficult to have fun when you dont understand anything coming from another player...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/04/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Taurenmage
Tol Barad is a joke in brazilian servers, usually we ignore people from that server, cause they tend to be bad and talk !@#$ all the time.

That is just a stupid bias, usually from people who happen to be just as bad but think their realm's overall reputation will just make that go unnoticed or be of no importance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
On the bright side most of them seem to be relatively nice.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Actually the CRZ idea itself is not great,..our AH and economy sucks bad enough. Now we compete for less resources,...and gone are the days of killing a rare mob. If I wanted to socialize more in questing zones, I'd bring friends. And no, I don't want new ones, more upkeep.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
09/04/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Taurenmage
Tol Barad is a joke in brazilian servers, usually we ignore people from that server, cause they tend to be bad and talk !@#$ all the time.

Generalizing people makes you smartter and better than the ones youre pointing.

No. It just shows how stupid you are.

Common, we're on 2012 and theres still people with a mind like this? Seriously...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Agreed

UEHEUHEUHEUEHUEHEUHEUHEU

Could someone help me to cross the border?
Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
They're fun to gank....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]