Mage vs Ret?

90 Human Death Knight
Well i have a mage and a ret both on my old realm that i would like to transfer to my current realm and i was wondering what is best dps but more importantly what will be best dps in MoP level 90? i was messing around on both the other day and mages seemed a bit repetitive and simple
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
The chance that Ret moves ahead of Mages on just about any fight seems slim to none. You'd be much better off with your mage.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Go mage you wont regret it. Blizzard rarely nerfs their golden child and if the class is every underpowered for some reason it will be hotfixed to be better than any other class in less than 24 hours. You cant go wrong with the mage class. Devs will never nerf the class they play.
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Hunter
09/07/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Frelikk
Go mage you wont regret it. Blizzard rarely nerfs their golden child and if the class is every underpowered for some reason it will be hotfixed to be better than any other class in less than 24 hours. You cant go wrong with the mage class. Devs will never nerf the class they play.

A lot of that is hyperbole but at the same time it's unrealistic to say that Blizzard isn't biased for mages.

You'd definitely be making a safe bet going with the mage class, OP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mage has three dps specs. Paladin has one. Chances are, mages will always have at least one highly performing spec, while with paladins it's a crap-shoot. For example, we spent two thirds of cata near the bottom and the last patch in the upper-middle range.

So if you want to be sure to have a strong dps spec, your odds are much better with a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Through a website I been looking at for awhile showed ALL 3 mage specs SHOULD be in the top 5 damage.

If anything rets will still be the highest burst but will fall drastically.
Unless they decide to do some changes to ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Go Mage.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
mages ftw man.......mages,,,ftw
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]