WoW Optimization Stuck at 0%

4 Worgen Mage
I got it to work in this fashion:

I closed out the Launcher.
Using the Finder I located the battle.net folder (actually, I had 2 of them) and moved if (them) to the trash.
I then attempted to empty the trash.
I clicked 'continue' to bypass the alerts that popped up and the optimizer started to work.

I hope this helps someone.
Reply Quote
74 Dwarf Hunter
Hanhan I did the same thing. I slept through mine. I installed it from the website. I downloaded the installer and it worked perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i initially had the same problem, and i don't even know what i did that fixed it - but i just disregarded the warning not to close the window, and tried the process multiple times. finally got it to work around the eight shot, but it's slow as hell; been open for 15 minutes and it's currently at 0.4%. oi...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've done everything (except a reinstall) to fix this problem. I've followed everyone's precise directions posted here. Nothing. Even called Blizzard, told me the same "solution" I saw here. I'm not going to reinstall 7 years worth of patches and updates. Surely there is a more efficient way around this problem.. Not to mention my internet is total garbage. So re-installing such a large game doesn't sound all that appealing to me. From what I've read, Blizzard is investigating and looking into this. That post was about a month ago. This isn't a petty issue. There are many, MANY, people experiencing this exact problem and in my opinion, they should be pretty serious about fixing it. There is nothing I would love to do more right now than play MoP..
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something that seems to be affected by different factors, which so far the steps have helped in some of the situations. Yes it is being investigated still but nothing definitive has been determined yet.

This is why we recommend reinstalling to bypass the whole migration process until something definitive is found.

The "7 years of patches" actually gets repackaged every expansion lately, which is what this migration process is doing. So what this process is really doing is compressing all the 4.x files into base files and then downloading the 5.x data.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Druid
I did the "delete battle.net" folder idea
IT WORKED.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Rogue
I had problems with this topic as well
I updated to latest OS 10.7.5
deleted the Battle.net folder. and it started to work

Note:
agentclient.log keeps getting overwritten.

Battle.net/Client/Blizzard\ Launcher.1857/Logs/agentclient.log
keeps getting over written, and is normally zero bytes in size, not sure if this is by design. But its hard to read it. I had to repeat cp to another location , and checking the size so that i knew i had copy of the content. ie
cp Battle.net/Client/Blizzard\ Launcher.1857/Logs/agentclient.log /tmp/agent.log; ls -l /tmp/agent.log
this happened both when it was stuck at zero and when it finally worked
Reply Quote
18 Human Warrior
1. Navigate to Macintosh HD/Users/Shared
2. Delete the Battle.net folder
3. Launch the World of Warcraft Launcher

Deleting "Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Battle.net" doesn't work.
But you will also find another Battle.net;
"Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net"
Deleting this folder will work.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
This worked for me, thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Anything else been figured out on this issue? I ran the optimizer on my older Dell laptop last night and it took awhile, but it was done in the morning. And I could see progress, it was up to 7% when I stopped watching it, which was about 15 minutes after I started it. I've been trying all day to run it on my husband's Alienware to no avail. Stuck at 0% for hours. Have tried all the suggested fixes listed. I'm getting really sick of having to spend hours looking for fixes all the time. I haven't played in several months, a friend just started so decided I would get back on for awhile, but now I'm starting to think that was a bad idea. It took me 6 days to get my lost authenticator removed from my account and now this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
my WoW optimization is stuck at 0% but then again this is my first day back..... i just wanna play

p.s im on a windows vista.
Edited by Kratosofwar on 11/15/2012 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I had this issue too - deleting the WTF, Cache, and Interface folders fixed it.
Reply Quote
Mine was frozen at 0 percent for 2 hours. The second I closed the launcher, optimization jumped to 2.1 percent and is climbing slowly.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I tried the first thing you said, but forgot to empty the trash. After doing that it worked. Thank you.

And everyone complaining about uninstalling and reinstalling... seriously, guys? you spend 100s of hours on this game. Whats another hour or two to do this so you can get back on and spend 100s more? At least it's free and everything you need is at your finger tips. The guy said they're working on it. Complaining won't fix it. If it's that bad, unistall it, and when you start fiending for your azeroth fix, reinstall it. And guess what: it'll solve your problem, too. ;)

Thanks Blizzard for making my favorite game. You can sleep with my wife, and I'll probably still keep playing :P
Reply Quote
68 Undead Rogue
Just wanted to say I completely deleted anything WoW or Battle.net related from my computer and then reinstalled the client from the Battle.net website and it finally is downloading! I have a mac and I haven't played wow since March. Just figured I'd add to the forum that helped me :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Deleting the Battle.net folder on my Mac seemed to do the trick.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Uh... I closed the original launcher window as suggest in previous posts... rolled my eyes at it but I figured it certainly couldn't make things worse, closed the launcher- then it immediately changed to above 0%. The context says not to close the launcher, which I assumed to mean any window to do with the launcher... however now I expect they meant not to close the optimization window, because obviously that would stop the process and perhaps in a bad way. Either way you shouldn't HAVE to close the old window to make it work.

I'm not entirely confident this will resolve my issue, but the percentage completed moved to 0.1% right after closing the original launcher window.

I'll post back if this didn't truly resolve the issue. Running a 10.6.8, 2.4 Intel mac.
Edited by Shadowshrine on 12/23/2012 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Im stuck at 0.1%, I tried to delete both of the Battle.net folders and i had emptied my trash but it does the excact same thing.
Note: I own a PC im saying this because eveyone els here seems to own a mac
Edited by Jaimbered on 1/5/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
tried downloading on new computer, its been on 0.0% for atleast 40 minutes :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
This did not work for me at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]