Malkorak...

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thoughts on Malkorak?
I finished Tides of War this weekend and despite the flurry of feels, my mind keeps going back to Malkorak. Most specifically, how much I despise him from both a Horde and Alliance standpoint.
Most shockingly, how upset I was over the explosion at Razor Hill. I'd thought the Blood Elves and Forsaken would remain a low-key part of the novel (save for the leaders at the beginning, and their brief mentionings throughout the campaign) until that chapter.
Those feels returned while leveling an orc for the first time yesterday and coming across Grosk at the Razor Hill Inn.

I was kind of hoping the new Ragefire Chasm would have some Blackrock orcs in it. Also hoping Malkorak would appear with the pre-patch, but I have yet to set eyes on him... (Though I cant say I've actually entered Grommash hold... I'd prefer he be stalking around Orgrimmar with the Kor'kron)
Will Malkorak be a raid boss in the final raid on Garrosh?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/06/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Vernedad
Almost certainly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/06/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Almost certainly.

And thank the Light for that. I felt an incredibly strong urge to bury an axe in the back of his smug neck the entire time I was reading Tides of War.
Reply Quote
Might not be specifically a raid boss, but I have no doubt we'll kill him sometime between now and when we take down Garrosh. He might actually make a better final boss for the lead-up dungeons then a boss in the actual raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I hope they don't stick him in a dungeon and call it good. I know it's reaching, but I almost feel like he's borderline akin to a puppet master pulling the strings behind Garrosh. At least in the way he incites paranoia in the Warchief's mind.

They're all worth watching.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hope they don't stick him in a dungeon and call it good. I know it's reaching, but I almost feel like he's borderline akin to a puppet master pulling the strings behind Garrosh. At least in the way he incites paranoia in the Warchief's mind.

They're all worth watching.

Blackrock Orcs fall under the umbrella of the "Aggregate armies of the Old Gods" with the black dragons etc. So that wouldn't be too surprising.

Your friends will abandon you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Your friends will abandon you.

Chills, sir. Chills.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Right now, I've got him pegged as the penultimate boss in the Orgrimmar raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/06/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Detheron
Almost certainly.

And thank the Light for that. I felt an incredibly strong urge to bury an axe in the back of his smug neck the entire time I was reading Tides of War.

Your not the only one the way he spoke to Baine, Vol'jin, and Lor'themar made my blood boil. I hope Baine kills him or Lor'themar be nice to see him do something decisive.
Reply Quote
Except... the Blackrock Orcs never really served the Old Gods, excpet in the most indirect of capacities.

As far as the Blackrocks were concerned, they were the last remnants of the True Horde, fighting against rebels and the heathen natives while accepting the aid of Nefarian. In fact, during Vanilla, they were actively at war with the Dark Irons, the Twilight Hammer, and Ragnaros.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Except... the Blackrock Orcs never really served the Old Gods, excpet in the most indirect of capacities.

As far as the Blackrocks were concerned, they were the last remnants of the True Horde, fighting against rebels and the heathen natives while accepting the aid of Nefarian. In fact, during Vanilla, they were actively at war with the Dark Irons, the Twilight Hammer, and Ragnaros.

I agree with everything you said, but the Old Gods are Chaos Gods.

And Malkorak the creeper joins Garrosh at the same time as a bunch of Twilight Hammer forces (if that's what dark shammies are)...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Your not the only one the way he spoke to Baine, Vol'jin, and Lor'themar made my blood boil. I hope Baine kills him or Lor'themar be nice to see him do something decisive.

I, for one, hope the killing blow goes to the Blood Knights. Bloodblade must be avenged!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We have to remember, the blackrock Orcs were old Blackhand loyalists (there warchief was Bhand's son), and one of the things Blackhand is most remembered for is magically aging Orc children to make more soldiers. Garrosh ends TOW by announcing that all Horde citizens (including children) are expected to help in the war effort. While this isn't as bad as what Blackhand did, it could very easily remind the orcs of their old warchief (what is the general consensus about Blackhand among the Orcs?), along with the taking in of his old loyalists.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All I can say is, something tells me Malkorok is not what he seems. And that if Garrosh is indeed corrupted, I'm pretty sure Mal has something to do with it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Garrosh has always been thirsty for power. I think it's more of that he now has someone who's there saying the things he wants to say and willing to do the things he wants to do. He has always been in the shadow of Thrall. That had always angered him. It will continue to do so.

Cause in the end, he see that the Horde is not his Horde. It's Thrall's Horde. Those who joined were untied under the banner of the Horde and under the reign of Thrall.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I hope we kill him, he's every bit the monster as Krom'gar and Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
he's a bro.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/07/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Orneryboy
he's a bro.

In no way is he a bro.

Your heart will explode.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/07/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Zyliros
I hope we kill him, he's every bit the monster as Krom'gar and Garrosh.

I'm going to take great pleasure in the death of this character.... he's probably the one controlling the Horde via Garrosh. He's being the power behind the throne... JUST like Gul'dan.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/07/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Orneryboy
he's a bro.

In the same way Patrick Bateman would be?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]