[Bug] Lakestrider Glyph

90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm not sure if this functionality is intentional or not, but I searched and couldn't find another report so here goes:

The Lakestrider glyph properly applies the Water Walking buff while switching to Ghost Wolf form. However, when I cancel Ghost Wolf form for any reason the Water Walking buff also disappears. This is a minor inconvenience, sure, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the glyph for me if I'm trying to fish or PvP in battlegrounds that have rivers in the terrain.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I also noticed this, but more importantly, leaving Ghost Wolf form with any sort of cast (spell, mount, hearthstone) begins the cast and then interrupts it a short while later.

This glyph is not only pretty much useless, it's actually detrimental.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I am also having this problem... glyph of far sight now, a spell thats never been on my bar. Hope this gets fixed soon
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Im getting this problem on my warrior, for example If I'm mounted and try to mine, pick an herb, or even switch specs as soon as it dismounts me the action stops and says "Interrupted" its becoming very frustrating. an answer to if this is intended or a bug would be nice from a blue.
Edited by Thrillhòuse on 11/1/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Exiting ghost wolf via starting a cast: mount, heal, damage, profession, anything I get an interrupt and stop my cast.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Edit: I'm a ditz.
Edited by Amilyra on 11/2/2012 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Honestly the more recent bug should be made its own thread so the devs/higher ups don't get mislead since the OP did have a different issue.
Edited by Kegg on 11/2/2012 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would agree that this isn't a good thread to point people to Amilyra. I would suggest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006892751 personally. Although I wondered if a single thread that covered all glitchy mounts/glyphs would be better.

On a side note, you do realise you've linked this thread inside itself? :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You know, I derped a herp on this one. Mah bad. >_<

I swear, the one you linked was the one I had inside my BRF notes, Kaz. I'll fix that right away. Even the great Ami makes mistakes now and again. <nod> Sorry about my mess...... ._.
Edited by Amilyra on 11/2/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
It's not the glyph that's bugged actually. I recently noticed something that I believe only shamans can actually test, maybe priests as well. Its any time Waterwalking is removed. The glyph just so happens to force remove it when you leave ghost wolf form. But there is another detail that needs to be noticed. It only affects spells that are interrupted by moving. I have the Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, and it does not get interrupted, but if I cast, say, earthquake, or a heal, or lava burst while I have waterwalking active, I get interrupted.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
...cancel Ghost Wolf form for any reason the Water Walking buff also disappears.

...leaving Ghost Wolf form with any sort of cast (spell, mount, hearthstone) begins the cast and then interrupts it a short while later.

Two completely separate issues. This thread speaks to the former. There are several existing threads that speak to the latter. Although, having said that... I would imagine that if the former issue were fixed, the latter issue would likely fix itself.

At any rate, I agree with the OP here. I cannot imagine a reason why Water Walking applied by this glyph should behave any differently than Water Walking applied by the spell itself.

Which is to say, merely switching from Ghost Wolf form to Caster form should not remove the Water Walking buff regardless of how it was applied. If it is "working as intended" as they say, then this glyph is completely pointless.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm having the same issue reported in this thread with Glyph of Lakestrider interupting any cast (spell or mount) when ghostwolf is removed. Even happens on dry land when standing still. I'm assuming what happening is:

In ghostwolf with lakestrider water walking -> I start to cast/mount -> I'm shifted out of Ghostwolf form -> Process removes the water walking buff where I'm no longer in ghost wolf form and that causes a cast interupt.

The specific message I get when this happens is that another action is in progress.

When I remove lakestrider glyph this no longer happens
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Toshley:
I'm having the same issue reported in this thread with Glyph of Lakestrider interupting any cast...

Wrong bug, wrong thread. See below:

Levanya:
The Lakestrider glyph properly applies the Water Walking buff while switching to Ghost Wolf form. However, when I cancel Ghost Wolf form for any reason the Water Walking buff also disappears.
Edited by Finnbarr on 11/19/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I believe the bug is related to any form of mount-related water walking. With Lakestrider Glyph, shaman casting while in Ghost Wolf form properly dispels the Ghost Wolf form, but the dispel of Water Walking causes an interrupt if the cast spell has a cast timer (i.e. is not instant).

My Warlock has the Glyph of Nightmares that allows a form of Water Walking when mounted on a 'lock mount. He suffers the same interrupt when casting from mounted state. Instead of dispelling the mount and casting (provided that auto-dismount-on-cast is enabled), any non instant spell is interrupted.

It is not as noticeable on the lock as the shaman, since I use GW constantly, but it's pretty clear the bug/interrupt itself is related to the auto-dispel of water walking.

As far as people complaining that Water Walking is dispelled on leaving Ghost Wolf form, I had assumed that is the way it's supposed to work. If I need to have Water Walking enabled for reasons other than just getting across the water...I cast Water Walking the old fashioned way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]