Macbook retina Major Flicker issue

90 Night Elf Rogue
Depending on the resolution or display settings i get major flickering and fragmentations on the screen.. random lines going in may directions.
this is without using any addons.

please advise.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is a known issue for the Retina Mac. We've escalated this to Apple/NVIDIA for assistance on this matter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
good, thank you.
any work around for now? lower resolution? use Good settings instead of ultra?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
There doesn't appear to be any at this time officially. I'll dig deeper into this, but likely there may not be, as this is something that Apple/NVIDIA has to assist in :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Hey Stabbingeden,
I'm having this problem too. I notice that after a little bit of playing it goes away. Sometimes it seems like it's exclusively linked to my opening my character pane or pet/mount menu since those have 3d models I wonder if that's not part of it. I did reduce my particle effects and that seems to help at times. They're at medium and everything else is ultra.

Sometimes it seems to happen a huge amount right at the beginning and then after a minute goes away and the rest of the time I play (usually a couple hours) it's fine. I would imagine it's the way the rendering it occurring and it's probably going to be a driver update which apple will push out but who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I wanted to add that this seems to be happening with the Macbook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012) as well (non-Retina Macbook Pro).

I just started getting this today. No updates were installed and I've already reinstalled WoW completely.

Mac OS X 10.8.1
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
It happens on my new 15" MBP retina too. goes away shortly after logging in.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This seems to only happen when certain UI windows are open. I've updated our known issues list to include this bug: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489880421

This seems to happen on Macs with NVIDIA 650M graphics card.
Edited by Machkhan on 9/5/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm getting this issue every once in a while without any UI windows being open. It appears when I mouse look at suddenly there are lines and lights streaking all over the place and a flicker in certain UI elements. I can make the problem go away by mouselooking in another direction.

Would dropping the graphics settings in wow alleviate the flickering until a fix comes in?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
have yuo updated to 10.8.2 yet? because that will probably fix it
Support Forum Agent
Omegal is correct, this should resolve the flicking issue in 10.8.2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]