[A]The Continuum 6/6H-6/6-4/4 LF Hunter/Boom

90 Human Rogue
<The Continuum> has a track record of excellence which dates back to the end of TBC/start of WotLK, and included the realm first kill on Eldre'thalas of Heroic Lich King, and the 25 man Glory of the Icecrown Raider achievement.

Our current needs are a Hunter with competitive DPS. We have no one utilizing the Mail Agility drops currently.

All this disenchanted mail gear could be yours!

All we ask for is your attendance, awareness, and competitive DPS/HPS

<The Continuum> raids Monday through Thursday, 9pm-12am Eastern time.

Send Daltin a mail in game, or reply to this thread and I'll come talk to you on your server.
Edited by Daltin on 1/10/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bumpalicious
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Grats on "server first zonozz and rag"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Key word is "10 strict"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
JC's first and only heroic rag kills and all of DS were in 10man form.

http://i.imgur.com/azSpx.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/10/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Gemchihiro
Key word is "10 strict"

For people that don't understand what 10 strict means: you only do 10 man content. That's it. No 25 man content.

That said (and not trying to sound like a douche) but 10 strict hasn't meant anything since Wrath when you got better gear from doing 25s. Now, with 10s and 25s dropping the same gear it really doesn't matter.

Unless you're artificially hindering yourself by not partaking in LFR I guess you could have a weak argument but really - 10 strict doesn't mean anything anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/10/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Dyshekí
Key word is "10 strict"

For people that don't understand what 10 strict means: you only do 10 man content. That's it. No 25 man content.

That said (and not trying to sound like a douche) but 10 strict hasn't meant anything since Wrath when you got better gear from doing 25s. Now, with 10s and 25s dropping the same gear it really doesn't matter.

Unless you're artificially hindering yourself by not partaking in LFR I guess you could have a weak argument but really - 10 strict doesn't mean anything anymore.

I know what 10m strict means. its just like you said not really valid anymore. Ill give them the first 10m strict Rag kill. But JC raided 10mans for all of Heroic DS. But either way. its good to see some competition. Welcome to elune SK.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/10/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Datrillest

I know what 10m strict means. its just like you said not really valid anymore. Ill give them the first 10m strict Rag kill. But JC raided 10mans for all of Heroic DS. But either way. its good to see some competition. Welcome to elune SK.

Thanks for the welcome =D It will be nice to have some competition for us as well (don't look at the Dalvengyr progression if you have a weak heart).

Anyhow, good luck to The Continuum! I'll stop posting anything else here so you can continue your recruiting =P
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Dysheki, first, welcome to the server. The strict comments more of a "We don't use 5 Tarecgosa staffs in our 10 man raids", and gear up more people quickly from 25s then drop down for the "easier" kill with more loot, then it is anything else. I threw that line in the initial post to differentiate JC raiding 25 man for almost the duration of Cataclysm.

So yes, the argument of "10 strict" is completely valid to let everyone know we didn't get our kills with an artificial number of Tarecgosa staffs.

We didn't recruit any staffs, and never went into 25 man to expedite the process. This isn't an e-peen measuring contest, so please stop treating it as such Datrillest. We killed Zonozz on the same day, apparently hour(s) from each other. If you're really that bothered by "10 strict zonozz" , eventhough there's no way for me to know how many Tarecgosa's (to our 1) you used, then I'll remove it.

And, btw, since we're shootin the breeze here, I'll take the "grats on 10 strict Sinestra". You guys did drop down from 25 to 10 man to snag Al'akir, though.

H: Al'Akir (10) Apr 30, 2011 02:39
H: Al'Akir (25) Jun 10, 2011 01:58

If guildox/wowprogress are "lying", then I apologize. They seem to differentiate first kills in 10 vs. 25 mode pretty well though.

All of this, fortunately, is irrelevant in 3 weeks.

Secondly: Bump for 1-2 ranged DPS.
Edited by Daltin on 9/10/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Dysheki, first, welcome to the server. The strict comments more of a "We don't use 5 Tarecgosa staffs in our 10 man raids", and gear up more people quickly from 25s then drop down for the "easier" kill with more loot, then it is anything else. I threw that line in the initial post to differentiate JC raiding 25 man for almost the duration of Cataclysm.

So yes, the argument of "10 strict" is completely valid to let everyone know we didn't get our kills with an artificial number of Tarecgosa staffs.

We didn't recruit any staffs, and never went into 25 man to expedite the process. This isn't an e-peen measuring contest, so please stop treating it as such Datrillest. We killed Zonozz on the same day, apparently hour(s) from each other. If you're really that bothered by "10 strict zonozz" , eventhough there's no way for me to know how many Tarecgosa's (to our 1) you used, then I'll remove it.

And, btw, since we're shootin the breeze here, I'll take the "grats on 10 strict Sinestra". You guys did drop down from 25 to 10 man to snag Al'akir, though.

H: Al'Akir (10) Apr 30, 2011 02:39
H: Al'Akir (25) Jun 10, 2011 01:58

If guildox/wowprogress are "lying", then I apologize. They seem to differentiate first kills in 10 vs. 25 mode pretty well though.

All of this, fortunately, is irrelevant in 3 weeks.

Secondly: Bump for 1-2 ranged DPS.

Agree with everything you posted above. I would like to add one thing though.

25 > 10 Mans as far as difficulty and I do not see them changing anything in MoP.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Respectfully, there were some fights that were harder in 10 vs 25 , but will compromise and agree than the majority of 25 fights were more difficult. Don't want this to turn into a 10v25 difficulty debate, either. This is supposed to be a recruitment page. So i'll leave this as my last reply.

Glad to have you guys, Fechi!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Whoa there buddy, some one is getting overly defensive about a simple comment.
FYI, from the moment we killed H Rag up until a little more than halfway our H DS progression, we've only had a total of TWO staves.

I'm not the kind of person that posts on the realm forums, especially in a thread with a little bit of drama going on, but I kind of chuckled reading your post about your server first "strict" 10 man kills of stuff like H Sinestra/Conclave/East Wind Drake/Rag that you only got through a tier later, or after the gigantic nerfs that hit FL took place. Personally, I would be ashamed to include that in my recruitment post.

Those are just my two cents, good luck with your recruitment, and we'll see you when MoP hits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'd "be ashamed" about hi-jacking someone else's recruitment thread, no matter what the contents inside say.

It doesn't matter when kills took place, what matters is the order they occurred in. Are we "bad" because we didn't kill Rag in July/August, as opposed to December? Sure, if that helps you sleep. But guess what, no one else on the server were killing them, either.

I apologize that we had a Shadow Priest that had 60% up-time on his DoTs , underperformed, and dragged us down for too long. I also apologize that we had a Main Tank that decided progression wasn't his cup of tea, and bailed out during Ragnaros. Thankfully, they are no longer here, and we were able to overcome these normally devastating events for a 10 man guild with an 11 player roster.

Unfortunately for us, we didn't have the distinction of being "The realm #1 for 4 years" like you guys did. We don't "have our pick" at players we want. We were home grown, and didn't ever have to snipe/recruit from other guilds. Not implying that you guys ever did or have, just saying that the option is there for you to replace whoever, whenever, when it isn't for us.

No matter what you big boys from Just Crusade say, nothing can change that we were the first 10 man to kill Ragnaros, and Sinestra. Sorry. There's another thread for this "10v25" debate, however, this is not it.

Bumping: 1 ranged DPS
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Agree with everything you posted above. I would like to add one thing though.

25 > 10 Mans as far as difficulty and I do not see them changing anything in MoP.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

I don't often get involved in 10man v 25man debates cause I find them a bit silly at this point. But if you really think 25man was harder I feel you're a bit uninformed. Many top end guilds such as BL/TM have even stated on the forums in debates and on streams both are equal. Trying to say one is is harder just cause you want to feel you are raiding the "superior" difficulty is really pointless.

Either way welcome back continuum. Had fun competing with you guys through most of Cata and hope to do the same in MoP!
Edited by Acurrate on 9/12/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
A change in work schedule has resulted in a bump.

We are now looking for 2 ranged DPS
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bumpzilla!!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Hey Daltin,

So you got all butt hurt last night in trade and started crying about heroic Alakir throwing around !@#$ about us dropping to 10m to kill it. First off, like i told you i wasn't in JC back then, but after spending 20 seconds looking at this i busted out laughing. So you claim JC dropped to 10 man for Alakir to beat you guys for the server first kill. And apparently it was a close race, because JC just barely beat you to the kill by almost 6 months . LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Butt hurt? That's odd, because after I logged onto an alt last night to run some dungeons, I had already forgotten about the conversation. Yet, you decided to get on guildox and wowprogress to check up on our guild, and try to find "an out." You guys really got us! One of us is butthurt, and I can tell you who it isn't.

I guess I'll clear this up.

Trade chat was talking about <SK>, and you decided to drop a "10 man strict" comment in, out of nowhere obviously to aggravate me, which earned the Al'akir comments.

Did I ever say you guys did it to beat us? Absolutely not. <Continuum> was never "racing" for Tier 11. That's not how we do things. We've always taken our time on the initial tier, building a solid roster, and begin "our race", for the 2nd tier of the expansion.

A brief history.
In BC, we were roughly 30th on server during Karazhan, but we had Server 3rd Access to Black Temple. In WOTLK, we were ~20th for Naxxramas, and achieved realm first Heroic Lich King. And again, in Cata, we were ~10th for BOT/TotFW/BWD, yet snagged the first 10 man strict kill of Ragnaros. This has been the standard of our guild since the first expansion of Warcraft.

What I did say, was JC dropped down to snag the realm first kill. Why dispute this? It's a fact. If that wasn't the reason, then why do it in the first place? Just continue chopping wood on 25 man and eventually you'll get it. One of the other 10 mans, probably Unity, was close to a kill. We weren't even trying. So, to throw the "lol 6 months" comment out, is useless. JC were first place in a race of one (lol Axis).

And secondly, as you said, you weren't even in JC when all this happened. It's a shame that JC has turned into this. Back when we first came to Elune, JC was 'The Guild To Beat'. The track record of excellence was there, they were the gold standard. Everyone had our respect. If we ever needed anything, Steph, Perc, Kaly, Ike, and all the others were there to shoot ideas off of. The competition was friendly.

However, this new wave of recruits after the 25 man guild broke down, has resulted to forum trolling, trade chat trolling, and trolling recruitment threads. I feel bad for the people like Perc, that are so well respected not only on Elune, but the entire Warcraft community. I feel bad that their guild tag is now being associated with trolling, and the like.

You're doing your guild a disservice.

JC 2005-2011 , Absolutely respected. One of the best guilds in the world, and an absolute pleasure to raid against.
JC 2012 , stop wasting my time, but the free bumps of our recruitment thread is always welcome.

Bumping for 2 Ranged DPS for the guild with the first 10-man strict kill of Heroic Ragnaros, Zonozz, East Drakes, Conclave, Sinestra, Ascendant Council, Maloriak, Valiona
Edited by Daltin on 9/17/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]