Prot pallys- not broken-

90 Human Paladin

Not to intrude on the forum rage, but what's Word of Glory + Bastion of Glory for, then?

Show me a prot pally who uses hopo for anything besides sotr and I'll show you a pally who is doing it wrong.

I use my Holy Power for WoG quite often.

Sorry to intrude on the circle jerk.

sacred shields

Yeah that 1k dps mitigation really turns the tide of battle against a raid boss...

Proven troll. Moving on. Sacred Shield is great.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

Not to intrude on the forum rage, but what's Word of Glory + Bastion of Glory for, then?

Show me a prot pally who uses hopo for anything besides sotr and I'll show you a pally who is doing it wrong.

EDIT: Oh. Your pally is level 73. Yeah so when you hit 85 spend your hopo on healing while tanking a raid boss and tell me how that works out for you.

lol you may be 85 but you haven't even killed any end game bosses.. oh my bad, you killed morchok in LFR. Well that just gives you all the wisdom and experience you need to be a jack !@#... my bad. Truth is, you don't know what you're talking about, you're just regurgitating crap you've heard other baddies (not ironically probably in your guild) spew out without any idea of how to play pally. When you've played pally for like... more than one boss, come back and tell people how to play.

CALL ME CRAZY, but it would be more helpful if you'd find an exit and gtfo so people can find useful information.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

CALL ME CRAZY

I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe?
Edited by Trytun on 9/5/2012 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

CALL ME CRAZY

Its hard to look right at you baby, but here's my number, so call me maybe?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

EDIT: Oh. Your pally is level 73. Yeah so when you hit 85 spend your hopo on healing while tanking a raid boss and tell me how that works out for you.

Sure thing, champ! Or rather, I will when you do, Mr. Morchok clear. =)

See, I can judge by forum avatars, too!

Seriously though, you said you wanted to know where our other "holy crap heal" is, and I gave it to you. And like Keten said...if you're low health, you have a couple of stacks of BoG on you, and you're not using them because you're too busy screaming that DKs have "better" mitigation with Death Strike than we do... well, good luck getting curbstomped to the ground.

Never mind that some of the better forum Protadins around here have expressed surprise that they became some of the best Heroic DS tanks after the change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I love you.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
lol yeah he's trolling... theres no way someone could be that ignorant lol... sec let me get my pally i've never played...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Invincible
Avenging Wrath

Oh, keeping in mind that with the talent, Avenging Wrath increases incoming healing by 20%, so not only are you generating more Holy Power to SoR/WoG with thanks to the reduced Judgment cooldown, you're also providing a potent healing increase to yourself that lasts for 30 seconds, so yes, AW becomes a defensive cooldown in this case.

But naw, you can just go on with the BAWWWWW.

09/05/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Beanpole

*Call me crazy!

That song won't ever get out of my head. It's almost as bad in terms of catchyness as Gangnam Style. <_<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here he is
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Never mind that some of the better forum Protadins around here have expressed surprise that they became some of the best Heroic DS tanks after the change.

Pre 5.0.4, if I had to tank H Warmaster solo from 22 mil down, I would have just jumped off the boat. However, with about a 54% near constant physical damage mitigation, and other CD's, and not to mention the absorption amount from Sacred Shield (god I love SS) - hey, it wasn't bad. Healers commented that I'm infinitely easier to heal. H Zon'ozz and stacking damage phys damage buff? Please - you can't get touched by anything but his frontal cone, and even then you are equipped to handle it. We are MUCH better than where we were, and I'm so happy for the changes. A tank is more than their damage, a tank is about how they handle the damage and how they enable the raid to handle the encounter.
Edited by Trytun on 9/5/2012 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/05/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Beanpole

*Call me crazy!

That song won't ever get out of my head. It's almost as bad in terms of catchyness as Gangnam Style. <_<

Here this might help get it out of your head--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuMdLm0ccU
Edited by Paintrainwoo on 9/5/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/05/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Trytun

Pre 5.0.4, if I had to tank H Warmaster solo from 22 mil down, I would have just jumped off the boat. However, with about a 54% near constant physical damage mitigation, and other CD's, and not to mention the absorption amount from Sacred Shield (god I love SS) - hey, it wasn't bad. Healers commented that I'm infinitely easier to heal. H Zon'ozz and stacking damage phys damage buff? Please - you can't get touched by anything but his frontal cone, and even then you are equipped to handle it. We are MUCH better than where we were, and I'm so happy for the changes. A tank is more than their damage, a tank is about how they handle the damage and how they enable the raid to handle the encounter.

See above.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/05/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Invincible
Divine Shield

=wipe

You don't even understand Divine Shield's mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Divine shield doesn't have mechanics. You cast divine shield- you drop aggro- you wipe.

And if you were any kind of a good tankadin you would know the errors of your ways in forgetting our best "Oh crap!" tank CD. I won't even go through the trouble of informing you if you can't use it properly.

Someone help this guy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Divine shield doesn't have mechanics. You cast divine shield- you drop aggro- you wipe.

Or, you cast Divine Shield, drop whatever stacks of some awful debuff you have that's about to kill you, cancel Divine Shield, taunt back and save the day!

Woo-hoo! Go supertank!

EDIT: (ps you have the cast/cancel macro that you use for this)
Edited by Jamina on 9/5/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/05/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Invincible
Here he is

Where's the one you tank with?

This is the one I tank with. I have ret spec on right now because i'm working on loremaster. I also have a DK tank, a bear tank, a warrior tank, and a second pally i'm leveling so I don't have to keep switching specs out since blizz doesn't want us to have triple specs. Any more questions?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Or, you cast Divine Shield, drop whatever stacks of some awful debuff you have that's about to kill you, cancel Divine Shield, taunt back and save the day!

Woo-hoo! Go supertank!

EDIT: (ps you have the cast/cancel macro that you use for this)

Taunt first, bubble, cancel bubble, taunt is still running, Divine Shield does not drop threat after, the boss keeps attacking you. /win
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]