Best DPS spec for Shamans in 5.0?

79 Dwarf Paladin
WoW
^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Who cares? Play the spec you want to play for 3 weeks.
Reply Quote
79 Dwarf Paladin
WoW
Anyone else?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
They are about even. Enhance bursts higher, Elemental is ranged. Take your pick.
Edited by Ashunera on 9/2/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
79 Dwarf Paladin
WoW
Never played a caster what's burst?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Burst is the highest damage that you can do in little time or something like that.
I prefer Elemental, because I'm alredy used to it and I really don't like enhance for pve x_x
Reply Quote
79 Dwarf Paladin
WoW
Ahh thanks
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I'm like Aeriny, but with Enhancement, that I don't even know about trying Elemental. Despite the talent changes and what feels like to me a nerf to the Enhancement spec I believe my damage output is good for both PvP and PvE. :).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Elemental are dead last in dps if you don' have a legendary. This is before the upcoming 18% chain lightning nerf. Enhance is 6th from the bottom. I'd say play the spec that you enjoy the most and hope they fix shamans by 90.

This one of the more "patchwork" fights: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion/25H/all/14/60/default/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Elemental are dead last in dps if you don' have a legendary. This is before the upcoming 18% chain lightning nerf. Enhance is 6th from the bottom. I'd say play the spec that you enjoy the most and hope they fix shamans by 90.

This one of the more "patchwork" fights: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion/25H/all/14/60/default/

I believe my post said:

-- Chain Lightning now deals 17.5% less damage to the primary target, but chains 80% of the damage to each successive target, up from 70%. This should help spread the damage better, and also reduce the damage against a single target. The total damage remains the same, when glyphed.

In other words, it does less damage to one target but that is offset by more damage to subsequent targets. We want to keep it an AE ability.
Edited by Thunderhowl on 9/2/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
That's not going to fix ele dps and take them from last place to something competitive. It would be cool if this is a buff, but i'm reading this as the initial hit is 82.5% of current with jumps doing 80% of that or 66% of current vs 70% for jumps on live. I hope it doesn't work that way and it is a buff somehow, but that looks like a nerf. Either way, this won't fix much.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
probably going to be the one you have the most fun playing. if you only like melee and you think enchance sucks, switch to another melee. if you only like caster and you think elemental sucks, switch to another caster. the fact of the matter is that Blizz is going to have the specs balanced well enough.

If you can't handle this, just stop playing a Shaman, we've got enough idiots spouting off crap on the forums-- we don't need any more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/02/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Gwendy
That's not going to fix ele dps and take them from last place to something competitive.

Level 85 balance is currently as important as level 45 balance. That is to say, it has SOME importance, but it pales in comparison to the importance of balance at level 90.

09/02/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Gwendy
It would be cool if this is a buff, but i'm reading this as the initial hit is 82.5% of current with jumps doing 80% of that or 66% of current vs 70% for jumps on live. I hope it doesn't work that way and it is a buff somehow, but that looks like a nerf. Either way, this won't fix much.

It's a nerf for single target CL use (which the spell was never intended to be used for) but a net non-change for AoE.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/03/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Gistwiki
That's not going to fix ele dps and take them from last place to something competitive.

Level 85 balance is currently as important as level 45 balance. That is to say, it has SOME importance, but it pales in comparison to the importance of balance at level 90.

It would be cool if this is a buff, but i'm reading this as the initial hit is 82.5% of current with jumps doing 80% of that or 66% of current vs 70% for jumps on live. I hope it doesn't work that way and it is a buff somehow, but that looks like a nerf. Either way, this won't fix much.

It's a nerf for single target CL use (which the spell was never intended to be used for) but a net non-change for AoE.

CL has been used for burst by ele for a long time because of the travel time of lava and the lack of travel time of CL. Lava is moving faster cl is not going to hit as hard so the lava,cl,fulmination burst will be less. That being said, I am not a sky is falling kinda guy and I love the spec so I will just adapt to what is thrown at me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/03/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Rapph
CL has been used for burst by ele for a long time because of the travel time of lava and the lack of travel time of CL.

/hug

I miss 1-shotting people with LvB -> CL -> FrS in S8 >.>
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Baawwww
Edited by Road on 9/3/2012 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
Frost DK.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/03/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Gistwiki

Remember, the OP asked for the best dps spec in 5.0 not 5.1 or 90. Elemental is not the best spec now, but its fun and you won't get raid kicked if you play with friends or outgear equally skilled players. At 90, hopefully things balance out with new talents and both specs will be viable... Hopefully.

OP's question: Enhancement is the stronger spec in 5.0
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Sadly from what ive seen so far I did a DS 8/8 H last time first time i raid with the new talents.

And from what ive seen My AOE is stronger and my Sngle target dps got down

I pulled more then 60k dps on Yor(wow beated the fire mage)
but i barely did 35 k on Morchok

Before I was doing about 45k (40 to 50k depending of group aoe ) on Yor

And i was doing about 40k on morchok

Earthquake Buff now make its uselfull for strong aoe fight with the right precast + magma + CHL spam its so strong now

But single target dps suck really bad , we get somehow alot better when there is 2 target keeping up FS on both give us ALOT of lavasurge proc and if they are stacked you get a really better dps from CHL then from LB single target. Remeber that ATM CHL hits stronger then LB on the initial hit even singel target but the CHL mastery proc get only 33% of the 75% dmg becauz the mastery proc is splitted in 3 so CHL will hit harder but will have a weakess Mastery proc and whit the mastery change im sitting at 52% proc chance so LB is better single target with 2 target stacked CHL becomes ALOT better.

So the finish with the OP question Enhance is actualy the strongest dps spec atm and if you looks at some Sim for full t14H gear Enhancement comes out about in middle and elemental shaman comes at the bottom of list the LAST one so dont go ele if your looking t the class dps lol. Elemental last for 2 expension minus 1raidcontent with tier 2 bonus ..... SAD
Edited by Molsondry on 9/3/2012 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/03/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Stormfist
Remember, the OP asked for the best dps spec in 5.0 not 5.1 or 90. Elemental is not the best spec now, but its fun and you won't get raid kicked if you play with friends or outgear equally skilled players

Yeah, but I wasn't responding to the OP. I was responding to the guy Q_Qing about low-level class balance :<

More or less you're right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]