Issues with updating to the new launcher

100 Draenei Mage
When I start the update to the new launcher it sits on 1% and than I get an error saying "Failed to download a required update. Please check your internet connection and try again" and if I go into the launcher logs it shows an error saying that the launcher disconnects from the server, now prior to this error I was able to get to 21% before my computer went to sleep and it said that it lost connection, even though I setup the computer NOT to go to sleep it still did, I am running on OSX Software OS X 10.8.1 (12B19) I tried deleting the battle.net files and cache files and even ran a repair but its still not working.
Edited by Nightbelle on 9/3/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Hmmm

Any interesting logs that you can find at Mac HD -> Users -> Shared -> Battle.net -> Agent

Post anything strange you find.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Sorry it took so long for my response.. Which logs are you looking for?? I have two logs, one is titled BlizzardUpdaterLog.HTLM and the other one is called switcher.log

the blizzard updater one shows the following

This patch upgrades tool from build 1040 to build 1267.
Installing Battle.net Alpha at "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/" on Mon Sep 3 11:56:40 2012.
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267".
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app".
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents".
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/_CodeSignature".
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/MacOS".
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/Resources".
Created folder "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/Info.plist".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/MacOS/Agent".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/PkgInfo".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/Resources/Agent.icns".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1267/Agent.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Logs/Blizzard Updater Log.html".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.app/Contents/Info.plist".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.app/Contents/MacOS/Switcher".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.app/Contents/PkgInfo".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.app/Contents/Resources/AgentSwitcher-Info.plist".
Created file "/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.app/Contents/Resources/AgentSwitcher.icns".
The update was successful.

the other one has a lot more info... let me know! thanks!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey Nightbelle,

Can send me your whole Battle.net logs? I'll post instructions below, but after trimming all the apps from the folders it should be less than 2 MB.

1. Navigate to Users/Shared
    2. Right-click the Battle.net folder and select Copy Battle.net
    3. Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and select Paste item.
    4. Go into each sub folder (Agent, Agent.[build], Client, Blizzard Launcher.[build], Setup) in the new Battle.net folder on your desktop and delete the any following:
  • Any Agent.app (the application itself)
  • Any Blizzard Launcher.app (the application itself)
  • Error Reporter
  • Any World of Warcraft, Diablo III or StarCraft II Setup files
  • 5. Now right-click the Battle.net folder and select Compress "Battle.net"

Now you can email the compressed (zip) file to macsupport@blizzard.com. This way I have all your logs and can investigate further. Make sure you put the URL and thread title in the body so I can know what issue we're talking about.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Thanks for the response, but what I ended up doing was just deleting the ENTIRE WoW game from my computer and redownloading it through battle.net and its working fine now. Thanks for the support, I suggest anyone else having this issue should do the same... :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]