Roleplay

Quite frankly, I just want an honest opinion. Am I choosing between CC, and WrA. Moon Guard is stale for me, and I need something new.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You will love our humble server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It all depends on what you want. WRA is full of walk-up RP, filling the brim of the normally deserted streets of Silvermoon.

Cenarion Circle is a bit different than Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord in RP, if that is what you are looking for. It is one big community, unlike on other servers people seem to form their own little corners of the realm.

However, walk-up RP is sparse, and CC is more event-driven, although guild bases tend to see RP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm speaking as a former MGer myself, so I may be a tad biased.

I don't know anything about WrA, so I can't and won't comment about it. I just don't have anything bad to say. As for MG, to be fair, it has the advantage of having a lot of RP. There are lots of choices, and you usually don't have a problem finding it out in the world. There are also a lot of fantastic RPers there and I'm not about to take away from their successes and their merits.

As for CC though, here are the advantages that it has over MG:

-Comparatively little drama. You won't find OOC spats between Night Elf guilds or guilds in general, and it's very rare to see a controversial person stir the pot "just 'cause". Even with IC conflicts, both parties will usually come together to work things out and to ensure that no OOC animosity manifests, which leads to RP that is just fun, and not aggravating or infuriating.

-Strong, interconnected community. It's easy to understate the value of a community website and community channel, but from an outsider's perspective, these are valuable tools which have led to the most cohesive RP community that I've yet seen. If you're having trouble finding random RP, a shout out to the channel is usually all it takes.

-Event focused RP. This has been touted as a positive and a negative, but it is good because it keeps RP regular. You can know that every week, these events will be going on at these times and in these places, and there are a lot to choose from. The best part is that nearly all of them are designed to be inclusive, and welcoming to newcomers. You aren't listening to another person's work, you are adding to event. Your participation actually means something.

Again, I am rather biased. I left MG for CC and I'm probably not going back, (although, keeping cross realm connections helps you stay in touch with friends, and makes the transition less permanent) but as a happy resident, I highly recommend this server.
Edited by Kyalin on 9/4/2012 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Meez, one thing I like about CC is the welcoming attitude most people have toward newcomers. Just join allianceooc and introduce yourself. You'll be hit with a wave of welcomes, possibly someone whacking you with a pan and someone else stealing your pants while yet another person asks you to smell a chloroformed cloth to see if it smells like lemons.

We have a lot of events that are open to the world and it's a good way to meet other rpers. Most rp guilds have stories going that you can get involved in.

I like the sense of humor here. There's lots of light rp that's just fun to be around and in the middle of.

Roll an alt, introduce yourself and check us out.
Edited by Gentyl on 9/5/2012 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Just join allianceooc and introduce yourself.

unless of course it's been locked/everyone banned from the channel again due to the same people over and over.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/05/2012 05:09 AMPosted by Duskie
Just join allianceooc and introduce yourself.

unless of course it's been locked/everyone banned from the channel again due to the same people over and over.

It's happened a grand total of two times and they're spaced by about a month.
Reply Quote
Still, it's a troubling precedence, especially for new folks coming to the server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Meez, I'd encourage you to do as Gentyl indicated, and come on over with an alt and type /join allianceooc If it happens to be locked for some bizarre reason (as noted, it's happened twice; we have a couple of "bad seeds" who occasionally make themselves known, but it usually gets corrected in fairly short order), just find Gentyl, myself (on this toon or my main alt, Mairyn), as well as any of the people who have posted in this thread, and we'll help get you connected. As noted, our realm tends to be very event-oriented with our RP; walk-up RP can be found if you're diligent, but even then it isn't typically happening out in the streets. The Blue Recluse in the Mage Quarter is a frequent hangout, and Kyalin's efforts with the Darnassian Forum in Darnassus are getting more people to start showing up in elf-land.

We hope you like what you find!

Bring spare pants.
Reply Quote
Also, keep in mind that, thanks to the cross-realm zones, even cities like Darnassus and Exodar may be more populated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Horde is cool too.

.__.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
We are?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, of course horde is cool. *hangs head in shame and looks at cooling orc corpse*

I just mention alli because he posted on alli toon. It's always a good idea to check out both sides unless you don't like both sides.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/05/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Achelis
We are?

...ah ya got me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
*pats Leo* It's okay. Not everyone can be as cool as us... cool kids.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Shaman
Ya. No one else be havin' a Yotingo troll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/06/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Yotingo

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=yotingo&f=wowcharacter

Actually, there's at least 30 of them... er... you. :-O

And to OP: you may like to go read this:
http://cenarioncircle.org/introduction-to-cenarion-circle/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
An easy way to get a good feel for ANY realm is to look through the guild recruitment threads. They do not speak for the majority of course, as most guilds on CC in particular are old, established institutions, but it will give you an idea of what sort of flavor to expect.

Its like taking a big deep sniff of a bag of chips to savor the flavor.

SNIFF ME
Reply Quote
Alright. I'm gonna' roll an alt, check out the people. Not sure what i'll be rolling yet, but.. I'll be checking it out.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Shaman

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=yotingo&f=wowcharacter

Actually, there's at least 30 of them... er... you. :-O

And to OP: you may like to go read this:
http://cenarioncircle.org/introduction-to-cenarion-circle/

o.o

This amuses me and amazes me at the same time. And look at this!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=alelsa&f=wowcharacter

But! Back to the OP. cenarioncircle.org is a great resource, as are the sticky threads here. Take a lil' look-see, mon!
Edited by Yotingo on 9/6/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]