Cross Realm Zones are a Debacle!

90 Tauren Hunter
All you have done is placed players into a system where they have all the negatives of a high population server forced upon them, but none of the benefits of a high population server.

Economies will suffer even more on the low population servers that are now fighting for resource nodes.

Wintergrasp and Tol Barad are so messed up I can't believe you guys actually allowed this to go live. We've won Wintergrasp, but yet didn't get credit and it went to Alliance control because evidently one of the cross realm servers my server is linked with has their Wintergrasp start 5 minutes later and is somehow overriding what happens on my server.

It's a complete nightmare.

The only way for this to be successful is to allow people the ability to opt out. For the people that want the feel of a high pop server without paying for a transfer to one, allow them do so by opting into the cross realm system.

Allow the people, such as myself, who purposely chose a lower population server to play on the ability to continue to do so.

I'm an achievement person. I love doing it. But to go to Storm Peaks, extremely old content, and not be able to turn around without someone on top of you is quite frustrating. I see more people in Storm Peaks than I see anywhere. It's ludicrous. I don't even remember that many people there when it was current content!

If I wanted a high population server, I'd transfer to one or I'd create a character on one. Don't override my choice please. It makes me feel you don't value me as a customer. Or respect my decision when I chose a particular server to play on.
88 Night Elf Druid
Opt out option please.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Fish
Opt out option please.

And if you can't manage that, get rid of it. I rolled on Wyrmrest Accord to get AWAY from Moon Guard.
88 Night Elf Druid
09/05/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Pangollien
And if you can't manage that, get rid of it. I rolled on Wyrmrest Accord to get AWAY from Moon Guard.

The very idea of it is horrid. We're meant to play on an open world with our realm, not some instanced crap.

All you're doing is making the open world suffer the same issues that plague our LFD, LFR and BG's. You cannot give the ability to pop into a realm, grief someone and leave to players.
90 Orc Warlock
Agreed 100% I lost two rare pets today that I was taming on my hunter to people from other servers, I had them tame channeling, and they come and kill it and then flame me after, why do they care, they are not from my server, worst idea EVER OPT OUT or GW2!
It sounded so good on paper... Unfortunately adding the 0 people that are currently leveling in Desolace at any one time from ten servers still equals 0, and mashing highly populated areas with other highly populated servers wasn't needed in the first place.
100 Tauren Druid
I don't like the shared resources/rare spawns. Keep those phased from server to server

I lost two rare pets today that I was taming on my hunter to people from other servers, I had them tame channeling, and they come and kill it and then flame me after

Aye, some folks are out to grief people outside their own server. No fear of repercussions
Edited by Yzzami on 9/5/2012 1:21 AM PDT
What I don't understand is how this opt out option will work. Lets say that you opt out of cross realm servers and go play wintergrasp. Do you see people that are on your own server in wintergrasp mysteriously dying from nothing? How could there be an opt out option when half the server is opted in and half is opted out? Are there two sets of mining nodes? One for people who have opted in and one for people who have opted out?

I can't see an opt out option being realistic but that's just me.
90 Night Elf Druid
Opt out option please.

I am sneakypaws and i approve this message :)
90 Orc Warlock
OPT OUT seems like a difficult thing to do, so how about an OPT IN? This way if we do not OPT IN, we stay in our own realm zones and those that OPT IN, get zoned into a cross realm zone? what do you guys think?
90 Night Elf Druid
09/05/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Pangollien
Opt out option please.

I wasnt thinking Moonguard myself. But a similar thought. I like my server, it's not overcrowded and most of the folks are pretty pleasent on it.

If i wanted to play with cranky peeps, gankers, or that one realm with a really strange goldshire, i would have rolled for one of those realms
90 Night Elf Hunter
Opt out option please.

Indeed, I deal with enough off server trolls as it is.
Aye, some folks are out to grief people outside their own server. No fear of repercussions
Indeed it's sad, I've completely given up reporting griefers because there's simply too many now.
Edited by Nhavash on 9/5/2012 1:24 AM PDT
just get rid of it, it's terrible in absolutely every way. DO NOT WANT
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/05/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Feyranna

I want it to AT THE MINIMUM, be restricted to realm type. I want to consort with other RP'ers not normal/pvp realms.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/05/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Nhavash
I want it to AT THE MINIMUM, be restricted to realm type. I want to consort with other RP'ers not normal/pvp realms.

It already is.

Edit: Allmighty stop spamming that damned post everywhere.
Edited by Bathin on 9/5/2012 1:33 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
09/05/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Feyranna

qft
90 Orc Warlock
Hes not trolling, its a horrible idea please get rid of it or allow opt in option.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Opt out option please.

And the sooner the better!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What I don't understand is how this opt out option will work. Lets say that you opt out of cross realm servers and go play wintergrasp. Do you see people that are on your own server in wintergrasp mysteriously dying from nothing? How could there be an opt out option when half the server is opted in and half is opted out? Are there two sets of mining nodes? One for people who have opted in and one for people who have opted out?

I can't see an opt out option being realistic but that's just me.

It's easy. Since the zone is nothing more than an instance, if you are opted out, you stay on the zone in your own server. If you opt in, when you travel to a new zone, you are taken instead to the cross realm instance of that zone with everyone else who opted in.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]