Wednesday (9/5)

90 Night Elf Hunter
Wow, 20 days until MoP releases. Yet it's like time is going... TOO SLOW! Someone speed up the hourglass! PLEASE!!!

It's Wednesday, September 5th, 2012. And I'm feeling stiff in my muscles yet energetic at the same time.

[IG] September 25th is slowly coming yet I can't get myself to level my paladin nor my priest. Looks like I may not have another 85 before MoP. Unless I get bored enough to level.

[RL] NOt fully sure what I'm going to do today. Maybe go back to sleep for starters... /shrug

Anyway...

How are y'all doin' today?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not sure how this format is supposed to go, but I might as well give it a try (again – it seems that the forums ate my first post).

[IC]: Been giving this new cross-realm technology a try. Through some crazy shenanigans, a bit of a portal mishap, and perhaps way too much ale, Detheron found his way into Wyrmrest Accord’s Goldshire. It was like kind of like taking a time machine to the past, when people actually spent time in the Lion’s Pride Inn and roleplayed. But at the same time too, it was like stepping into the Twilight Zone as well. For all the people that were there, it was a little unnerving to see five or six people running around like children, screaming in Draconic. The natives seemed to regard me like some sort of exotic specimen at first – they all crowded about and didn’t really know what to do with me. After a while, they got used to me, but I never really got used to them.

At any rate, despite the weirdness of the situation, I did get some very interesting roleplaying in with Tviru, an elven priest. We got into a very enlightening yet spirited discussion on the nature of the Light, with Tviru taking a more Benedictian approach to how the Light worked and why it should be used with my character going the opposite end of the spectrum. It was very polite on the surface, but I think both of us sensed that there was something more than met the eye regarding both of our characters. It had a very Holmes versus Moriarty feel to it, a la the Holmes and Moriarty of the Sherlock TV series. Was a lot of fun, and I hope to do it again sometime soon, albeit preferably on a more quiet server.

[IG]: Ironically, I got into a very similar yet even more heated discussion about the Holy Light with my Guild prior to that RP session. What with all the debates on the nature of the Light, I was beginning to think for a few moments that the Holy Light actually existed. Considering the amount of passion and thought that was being put in from all sides, you’d think that the Light was an actual religion or something.

Aside from attempting to proselytize the masses, I’ve also been enjoying the lack of a daily quest limit. Been doing everything from the Argent Tournament dailies to the Molten Front and Darkmoon Faire quests. Raking in the dough, baby. Also been working on the Coin Master achievement (again) for this character. I’m hoping to have max level fishing by the time Pandaria hits. Fishing is always that one profession that I never really got around to across all my characters, and thanks to account-wide achievements, I suppose I should just get it out of the way.

[RL]: Just finished Tides of War. Wasn’t a bad book as far as WarCraft books go. Although I was relatively happy with it, I can’t say the same for some of the events that occurred or how the characters reacted to certain situations. Just because an enemy force is in “their waters” doesn’t mean that they have political immunity to attack – especially when you consider that they had just burned down one of your towns. But, alas, I nitpick.

I need more coffee.

PS: Oh now you show up, forum post. I see how it is. /pouts
Edited by Detheron on 9/5/2012 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'd have much rather had the WrA Goldshire, I wound up in the Steamwheedle Cartel Godlshire. They were, um, 'special' people shall we say? I'm guessing we can all agree that we are glad it wasn't Moon Guards :p

Just kidding you Moon guardians, just kidding, mostly.

Well, I guess I should go back to paying attention to this instructor about programming web parts for SharePoint.

Oh and just in case you didn't know folks, steak is yummy!
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Heh, I'd utterly forgotten about the cross-realm thingiemabobber and the only place I took Blue out for a spin ... was Redridge. (So sue me. She had Loremaster so so long ago, but I never finished redoing all the Eastern Kingdoms quest revamps since Cata.)

Looked briefly at Healium and decided it looked to clicky. I don't mind key and mouse combinations, but having to look at spell images to pick them ... ewwww. Not my style. I am WAY too habituated to things like <Ctrl>+ left-mouse-click putting a shield on whomever's frame or bar I clicked on.

09/05/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Ikinai
steak is yummy!

I second that motion. Just not when I cook it. Hence, all steak I eat is restaurant cooked. Medium rare. Tender. Juicy. (Without a mountain of mushrooms ... gah, what is with some places and thinking I want more fungus on my plate than meat?)

Good morning Sentinels!

<.<
>.>

*sneaks off to toast an English muffin, then drown it in butter and honey*
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I cook mah own steak, just pepper and salt, grill it for a few minutes on each side then in the oven for 10-12 minutes, perfecto every time :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know, it was extremely jarring to see Steamwheedle Cartel folks in Dalaran. I didn't even realize they could visit a capital city, even if Dalaran isn't one of the main faction capitals.

How, uh, bad was the Cartel's Goldshire? O_o
Reply Quote
IG: Sung to the tune of [Your Least Favorite Song] - Skrillix Remix:

Panda, panda panda PANDA panda!
Paaaaanda panda (panda panda) panda?
Panda.
Panda.
Panda PANDA panda PANDA panda PANDA panda;
Panda!

(chorus)
Panda panda panda, panda, panda panda pandapandapanda.
Panda panda, panda panda PANDA panda panda.
Panda, panda.
Pandapandapandapandapandapanda
{distorted} Panda!
Pandapandapandapandapandapanda
{distorted} Panda!

Panda, panda panda panda.
Panda.
Panda, panda panda panda.
Panda.
PANDA? PANDA PANDA PANDA?
Panda!

(chorus)

(four hours screeching dumptrucks)

(chorus)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Well, it wasn't bad, just a few jokers going around yelling at people to get out of there town, in a not so friendly manner.

not a welcoming committee, had it been WrA I might have actually run into someone I kinda know.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/05/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Bite
Skrillix Remix:

ROFL ... was laughing with my daughter this past weekend that Skrillex is one of the few I can recognize when I hear and name the "artist" ... because their trademark style annoys me so much.

Hmmmmm ... how exactly does one RP the cross-multiverse interactions that occur in which we meet someone who has never existed in the minds of anyone we would meet in our own multiverse. Would an innkeeper who knew us well in ours know us in another? (After all ... quite a few of us have done little things related to Realm Transfers in the past. Plainsghost's story starts off with an unexpected world shift around here where she remembers many things that no one around her can confirm.)

*EDIT FOR*
/tar Bite
/HUUG

09/05/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Ikinai
had it been WrA I might have actually run into someone I kinda know.

OH! I totally forget. Mena got a random emote from a "stranger" while doing bank transactions the other day, a stranger who prompted logged out to alt-hop. BWAHAHAHAH!
Edited by Eilethalua on 9/5/2012 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I'd have much rather had the WrA Goldshire, I wound up in the Steamwheedle Cartel Godlshire. They were, um, 'special' people shall we say? I'm guessing we can all agree that we are glad it wasn't Moon Guards :p

>snip<

So...
Question.
This cross realm stuff. Your server isn't even in our Battle group, or data center time zone.
Anyone know if there is a list, format, ryhme, reason on who they put together?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

>snip<

So...
Question.
This cross realm stuff. Your server isn't even in our Battle group, or data center time zone.
Anyone know if there is a list, format, ryhme, reason on who they put together?

Have no idea. I haven't seen anything listing them, but I've seen Steamwheedle, some WrA and there was one other I can't remember. There might be more, who knows. Would be nice to know, cause then we might be able to coordinate stuff together.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't, but I do know that you can go to any other normal RP server in a cross-realm zone so long as you have someone on your Real ID/Battle.net Tag list that invites you to a party. The same is true if you invite them to your party. The home server of the person who does the inviting is the server that people will be sent to.

09/05/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Eilethalua
Hmmmmm ... how exactly does one RP the cross-multiverse interactions that occur in which we meet someone who has never existed in the minds of anyone we would meet in our own multiverse. Would an innkeeper who knew us well in ours know us in another?

I acted like the Innkeeper who knew me on Sentinels knew me on Wrymrest Accord. Both me and the character I roleplayed with went, "Who the Hell are you? And why haven't I seen you around here before?" and then just plodded along. I ICly brushed it off as a, "Well, Goldshire certainly exploded with... interesting activity all of a sudden."

That's certainly one way of doing it, but not the only way.
Edited by Detheron on 9/5/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/kairi71694/WoWScrnShot_090512_163245.jpg

I killed Crithto. I think I am now the god of the lowbies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]