Cross Realm Zones Ruining Netherwing Rep

The cross realm zones are ruining the quests for Netherwing Rep. When you have so many people in the same small zone competing for the same very limited quest objects it is simply impossible. The Netherwing ledge is cleaned out by level 85's from other realms 100% of the time. All mobs in the cave are dead. The framerate for my computer is so low from all of the people hanging around trying to farm the area that it is ridiculous. CROSS REALM ZONES IS A BAD IDEA! If I wanted to quest on a full server then I would have chosen a full server before I created my character!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Um, what?

I did the quests back when 2.1 was released. I got a total of 4 eggs on this character. The rest of the reputation I got by doing quests. You know how long it took me without the eggs?

12 days.

It's not ruined unless it takes longer than 12 days to complete the quests.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
the cross realm bit only slowed me down an extra 5 minutes in the cave. The only one that might take a little longer is the bootarang and still only by a few minutes. Surprisingly I'm still finding eggs out there with all the people. Like Doroteasenjk said its not ruined unless it takes longer then 12 days.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
09/05/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Malphuil
When you have so many people in the same small zone competing for the same very limited quest objects it is simply impossible.

There is absolutely no way it could be ANYWHERE near as bad as it originally was.

The Nethermine Ravagers used to spawn one at a time, with 20 or more people competing for that one kill...
Now the mine is full of them... in fact.. there are so many, that you have trouble getting away from them, and have to kill more than needed simply because they keep running into you!

09/05/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Malphuil
The Netherwing ledge is cleaned out by level 85's from other realms

Keep in mind, you are one of these people.
People seem to not be realising that they're no longer on their home realm when entering a CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So is the goal here to make it as bad as it was before? If so it's a job well done. Awesome, the game sucked for you back then, lets make it suck for everyone now.

If the goal here is to make the game more fun then having everything perma-killed in reputation quest areas and having to compete with level capped players for resources while you're leveling up then it's a massive failure.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/11/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Sentori
If the goal here is to make the game more fun then having everything perma-killed in reputation quest areas and having to compete with level capped players for resources while you're leveling up then it's a massive failure.

What makes you think you're obligated to all the trash mobs and eggs? It's not like you're the only one who thought grinding Netherwing rep was a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I agree with the OP to an extent, but Endora has a point as well. Basically it comes down to the fact that Netherwing as well as some other areas were nice because you could "get away from it all" so-to-speak and zone out. Whereas now you just have to deal with idiots who feel it's their obligation to intentionally ninja from you just because they can. It just gets me to wondering if when MoP comes out, are we going to have CRZ while leveling? Cause as it is now, althouh it may be an inconvienience, it's not impossible. But we all know what a xpac release is like, and if the influx of people into a CRZ now is any indication, the first few weeks of the xpac is going to be a nightmare.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah no, I was not slowed down an extra 5 minutes, maybe in the cave on one quest, but throughout the zone I'm taking about 3x as long to finish my dailies... so if it would have taken me 12 days (and about 12-24 hours) now it's going to take me 12 days (36- 72 hours of play) which means that it's not the same and it's not just people complaining about not getting the eggs or the mob kills it's a total increase in time to complete a 4 year old quest line. If they had made you compete for gear in molten core, or have to share the space farming your warglaives in black temple you would be pissed. Seiryu no one thinks they are obligated to the mobs and eggs, but I am obligated to compete with people from my server for eggs and loot, I get that. The problem here is there are about 3-4 servers meshed together now and any benefit I have for making a character on medium pop instead of full is now gone. Our auction house prices are lower and more erratic raiding/rated bg/ high level content is harder to find groups for and all the other negative sides of being on a low pop server are still here, and are made worse that now I have to compete for loot and ore/herbs/leather/ect that should ALWAYS go to my server they go to 3 different servers making all three low pop servers economy dip and getting rid of the only reason to play on a low population server. I mean really why the hell would you make new servers now? Why would you purposefully go to a low pop server all that will happen is it's economy will have less items on it, the people will do less quests and loot less bodies making their less money on the server (or less growth) and you will have to compete against more people to level professions and get rep up. This sounded like a good idea until patch day when I logged on and remembered what it was like on a high pop server, I payed for a transfer to a low pop server to escape this and now blizzard brought my old server back to me making my 25$ investment worthless.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Paladin
It is ridiculous. Really. I farmed eggs for 4 hours straight in the middle of the night and still only got 1 egg. I had to wait 10 minutes for things to spawn and the dailies took AT LEAST twice as long as before. Man.. Makes no sense to me at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]