Loot/Target Bug??

(Locked)

85 Worgen Druid
Just solo'd Stonecore for the mount. Couldn't loot. Googled "can't target boss to loot" and this is the first thing that popped up.

I bet my mount is sitting inside of the unlootable Slabhide I just killed >:[

PLEASE FIX THIS BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
90 Draenei Priest
Not only am I having the issue exactly as described here with NPCs, but also I have a macro for spine of DW to target the burning tendons and it has stopped working (although the exact same macro works for others in my party.) Seems possibly related. I was actually hoping it was an addon, but seems like some here say they aren't using any.
90 Goblin Warlock
One way to circumvent this issue is using targeting hotkeys.

Can't target the mob? Try using Tab to cycle through until you get the right one. Also try using the /tar slash command.

/tar Slabhide

This works on dead mobs as well. Another useful couple to bind are "Target Last Hostile" and "Interact With Target." Kill a mob, but can't loot it? Target Last Hostile (or use the slash command /targetlastenemy), then Interact With Target. If Target Last doesn't work, use the /tar command until you find the correct dead mob.

Use these workarounds until there's a fix. My wife is having the same problem and is running one addon: Skada Damage Meter. Even without it she has this issue.

Curiously enough, I've noticed that loot is dropping from the Eye of the Legion mob in Well of Eternity, and nobody can click to loot them. Using the tricks I outlined above, you can. I've run into several greens and even a zone epic on their non-existent corpses.
Edited by Foulweaver on 9/5/2012 2:14 PM PDT
80 Tauren Druid
One way to circumvent this issue is using targeting hotkeys.

Can't target the mob? Try using Tab to cycle through until you get the right one. Also try using the /tar slash command.

/tar Slabhide

This works on dead mobs as well. Another useful couple to bind are "Target Last Hostile" and "Interact With Target." Kill a mob, but can't loot it? Target Last Hostile (or use the slash command /targetlastenemy), then Interact With Target. If Target Last doesn't work, use the /tar command until you find the correct dead mob.

Use these workarounds until there's a fix. My wife is having the same problem and is running one addon: Skada Damage Meter. Even without it she has this issue.

Curiously enough, I've noticed that loot is dropping from the Eye of the Legion mob in Well of Eternity, and nobody can click to loot them. Using the tricks I outlined above, you can. I've run into several greens and even a zone epic on their non-existent corpses.

Yes, but I'm surprized Blizzard is ignoring such a serious issue. This needs a hot fix ASAP. No matter what else is broken, not being able to target things is GAME BREAKING!
90 Draenei Shaman
I posted this in another post with the same issue a few days ago, but since this got a blue, I'll post it again in hopes someone will read it...

I've had this problem too, though it was worse when playing my Druid in cata zones. I had already disabled my addons due to not being able to turn quests in when the problem started. Finished leveling my shaman in BC yesterday and the only issue I had was not being able to herb a single herb. The other night while I leveled my Druid to 85, every 3rd or 4th mob I was unable to target. Missed out on a lot of skinning :( I did find that a third of the time if I killed something else for a minute or two I was able to target the mob, but that was only a third of the time.

Adding to that, I haven't had an issue in WotLK since leveling there. For me it only happens in cata zones.
90 Human Paladin
I am still having this problem even after todays restart and i am NOT running add-ons. so that is not the problem . Quit guessing and find an answer.
90 Tauren Paladin
This is definitely occurring without add-ons, and is a bit annoying.

Also is happening to mining/herb nodes.
I've had this problem too and didn't have any addons. This also affects archaeology items.
90 Human Mage
I am as well. Also, when I click on a target I just killed (which has not been in combat with any other NPC or player) which is otherwise lootable, it does not sparkle or allow me to loot it. There are other targets who also, when you scroll your cursor over them, do not display the little description window that states what the name of the NPC is, whether or not it is a quest objective, as well as what level it is.

This has been happening with some of the Nerubian Guards (ant-type creatures in Ghostlands) as well as the Spindleweb Spiders (also in Ghostlands).
90 Worgen Death Knight
Bump. Still having an issue with this, it also seems to now affect quest givers too because I tried to do a quest in Hyjal but couldn't click on the quest giver.
74 Blood Elf Warrior
Can you post a screenshot the next time this happens for one of you, and can you describe what you were doing?

eg. I killed 3 mobs and 3 of them sparkled, but then I killed 2 more and they did not sparkle.
Which mobs, where?

Also these particular archaeology nodes/harvested items, are they in specific areas?
90 Tauren Paladin
i've found no pattern. and the mobs do sparkle. but when you try to mouse over them its like they arent there. cant click, no hover info, nothing. until you relog. same with mining/herb nodes
90 Draenei Warrior
It's pretty much impossible to post a screenshot, given that screenshots hide the cursor. It's as simple as moving your cursor over an interactable object but the cursor does not change, you cannot use/loot it, even though it's there.

I'm seeing this with increased frequency on a new alt. It started when I couldn't target Baroness Anastari in UStrat even though targeting via the nameplate worked. Now in Northrend at this point I'm coming across a fair few things that I can't interact with like some of the Vrykul weapons in Utgarde Keep and mobs I kill, but as others say, a relog would probably fix it.

It's still a mildly irritating problem.
Adding my voice; did LFR last night and couldn't click on anyone's Lightwell.
90 Human Warlock
Thanks for ruining my game a bit more guys, Ive had this to since patch, thought they had changed the pet tag system and my void was tagging the mobs like it used to do in vanilla. Now I read this, I put away my pet and ground for 5 minutes, wasn't my pet at all. But I don't get the random stars, just some mobs that are non-existent after death even though i can see them. I randomly get non-existant tooltips to though, as well as "Waiting to load information" tooltips (Not a quote, just a memory of the meaning)

Though, This ones no biggie to me, just some lost loot, the graphics and load issues destroy the game.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I also have no add-ons and am having the untargetable problem (lootable mobs, mailboxes, npcs, pretty much any object); my mouse just doesn't register that I've passed over an interactive object, whether it's a clickable/targetable one or not. Relogging always fixes it, but that's hardly a solution.
90 Gnome Priest
glad im not the only one. its been happening to me ALOT lately i cant target or loot certain mobs but also ive noticed it happens for npcs as well and the click box on certain npcs/mobs are kinda small . i was at a flypoint in hyjal and i couldnt target the flight master unless i moused over the right shoulder and it had to be on spot or else she was basically something i could not target. also ive noticed that sometimes its also only on certain parts of my screen to like when i try to loot something and the mob is at the lower part of my screen, i cant loot it but if i move my camera a bit i can with extra precision that is lol because the click box is weird... something else weird happened.. after readin the quick fixes on this thread about loggin out and back in i came across a mob i really wanted to loot and i couldnt loot it no matter what i tried so , i logged out. now usually when u log out it takes 20 secs which it did correctly also usually when u log back in you are in the same spot u logged out at. well in this case upon logging in i was somewhere else that i was 45 secs ago and not at the location i logged out at. idk if that helps out or not but it seems like a short DC or something . but usually when u DC u cant kill anything and nothing happens. i did kill this mob and i did log out right next to it did die and had the loot glow on it. i logged out right next to my lott. logged in i was back at the quest giver. also while i was playing my hunter earlier i couldnt target my pet. so i dismissed it and resummoned it then i was able to target my pet. its def not client side
Edited by Qtpriest on 9/7/2012 5:20 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
deleted
Edited by Sithnas on 9/7/2012 10:51 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
Kem - The lightwell being untargetable is unrelated. Your Hpriests were glyphed into Lightspring which makes the lightwell automatically heal anyone below 50% health as opposed to allowing a person to click it manually for heals.
Experienced this just today when trying to target mobs by clicking on them. Cursor sometimes wont turn into a sword and then clicking on that mob has no affect. Also happening while trying to loot and mining.

This JUST started happening today.
Edited by Yogopher on 9/7/2012 11:49 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]