Have Group, Will Travel.

100 Human Priest
I personally find this as my favorite removal so far. What do you all think? If you're with me in this decision then please help me explain to others as to why it's the best thing in the long run?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Removal has done nothing for me except make it inconvenient to do fun things with friends in bizarre places they're unable to get to on their own.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
pretty indifferent.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
they need to realize that if they want people to play in the open world, they have to cut down on all this queue for everything garbage.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I only used it a couple of times, so it really isn't making a difference for me one way or the other.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
I generally forgot I had it anyway so my life is roughly the same.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
they could have at least left it on so you can summon when you're in a raid instance
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I would have much rather just changed the meeting stones so that it pulls everyone to you. At least that way you're still appeasing the people who want it to exist, and those who think that summoning one person at a time is a waste of time.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
No,that does nothing to appease all the people who wanted HGWT to remain in game. It only appeases the lazy raiders who can't be bothered to get off their butts to go to the instance. As much as the majority of us posting here focus on raiding, it's not the only thing in the game and hardly the only thing affected by the removal of HGWT. There are a lot of casual players who don't raid at all who have been impacted as well.

Players who are level capped have the least need for it. We're capable of getting to the places we need to be on our own. Players managed just fine to get to the instance in Vanilla when they didn't even have flight. They managed just fine to get there in BC and Wrath when we didn't have HGWT. There's nothing stopping them from doing it now. They only reason they aren't is because others enable them to be lazy so they take advantage of it.

Changing the summoning stones does nothing to help the players who used HGWT to facilitate casual fun with friends and family because those stones usually aren't where they're having their fun. Just ask Thel and Ril who had to travel on their own the other night to join Kerrath and me as we were messing around in Halaa. HGWT would have been great to help them get there to join us. The closest summoning stone is at Auchindoun. But lacking those things, Thel and Ril got to Halaa on their own following the spur of the moment invite. It didn't take them that long, though it felt like an eternity while that stupid pally was pounding away on us.

God I hate fighting pallies right now but damn they're fun to play =p

At least the lazy raiders still have the summoning stones to keep them from having to spend 3 minutes flying even though they know days in advance what time they have to be there. It's just matter of figuring out who the second player will have to be to make the sacrifice to get there on their own power.

If two others are flying there, why aren't the rest doing it at the same time? Why are they still sitting around in Stormwind or Orgrimmar doing nothing but talk? If everyone just went there at the same time the other two started heading there, no time would be wasted by the group. You'd be in the instance and pulling that much faster.

The more I listen to raiders complain about the lack of HGWT, the happier I am it's been removed even though it's now a lot more inconvenient to do some of the non-raid related activities. I'd still prefer that it be returned to the game so all players have the benefit of it. Obviously, its removal is doing nothing to get lazy raiders to mend their ways.

By the way, kudos to the locks who are sticking to their guns and refusing to set up a summoning stone to summon players at the start of the raid, and thank for you still helping out by setting up the stone mid-raid when someone gets a new piece of gear and needs to gem/enchant/reforge and legitimately needs the summons back to the instance.
Edited by Joynal on 9/4/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
yes, all raiders who lament the loss of have group will travel are lazy. generalization usually doesn't help any arguments.

i can tell our raiders make it a point to make their way to the summoning stone since that's the way it has been for years. but, we tend to start to group up about half an hour before raid start times; and work, life, family sometimes prevent everyone from getting on in time so its much more reasonable to have people continuing their non-quest related activities than waiting at the stone. summoning everyone at once when the whole raid is ready is simply more efficient and has nothing to do with laziness.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
for example, i love still love the water effects when you fly over a body of water on your mount. i could do that all day and would much rather do that then wait at a summoning stone. unless, of course, there's a body of water near said summoning stone.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
glyph of warlock: you now have a pocket aakarshan in your back pocket who you can use to summon your friends at any time. pocket aakarshan is reusable, disposable, and recyclable.

this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand but i want to use it before i forget it exists, it will assist me in forum trolling:

06/20/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
Stop doing content that's too hard for you.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/4/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/04/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Joynal
By the way, kudos to the locks who are sticking to their guns and refusing to set up a summoning stone to summon players at the start of the raid, and thank for you still helping out by setting up the stone mid-raid when someone gets a new piece of gear and needs to gem/enchant/reforge and legitimately needs the summons back to the instance.

There's really no call for anyone to refuse to be helpful. Especially in Dragon Soul, where the stone is all the way at the CoT entrance. I'm always going to be in favor of getting the raid gathered at the instance and ready to buff ASAP. HGWT was great for that. On the other hand, I HATE waiting mid-raid for someone to go fix up a new piece of gear. If they were planning to raid with their existing gear at the beginning of the night, they can keep going with the same gear. But, that's just me. Individual experience is not universal and I don't rage when someone is too excited about a new purple to wait.

09/04/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Kerrath
glyph of warlock: you now have a pocket aakarshan in your back pocket

OMG PLS WHERE TO BUY. I HAVE MISPLACED MY ORIGINAL AAKARSHAN.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I know some people have jobs and families that cause them to push up against raid time before they get on. We still have the ability to summon them at the stones if needed.

Yes, HGWT is more efficient to get every one there at the same time but it's amazing how often it doesn't even work out that way because players fail to accept the summons. You end up with multiple players using it as a result. Might as well have used the summoning stone, the time it would have taken to get everyone there would have been the same.

I support bringing back HGWT, I don't think it should have been removed and I don't see it fixing whatever problem Blizzard thinks it's responsible for. I just hate it when the majority of the arguments for it come down to "But no one is summoning me to raid anymore."

I do wish Blizzard would move the CoT stone down inside to where the drakes land if you take their flight, though. It never made sense having it all the way out there.

You'll like Pandaria, two of the raids are by the coast (one has an amazing view of the ocean and a small village) and the third is close to a couple inland bodies of water and an ocean inlet. It really is beautiful. Even the sha-infested areas have a beauty to them once you can look past the cause.

glyph of warlock: you now have a pocket aakarshan in your back pocket who you can use to summon your friends at any time. pocket aakarshan is reusable, disposable, and recyclable.

this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand but i want to use it before i forget it exists, it will assist me in forum trolling:

Stop doing content that's too hard for you.

What was the source on that quote? Blizzard needs to say it more.

And I'm scared the pocket Aakarshan would be doing more than just summon my friends.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/04/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Joynal
And I'm scared the pocket Aakarshan would be doing more than just summon my friends.

I'm counting on it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest

There's really no call for anyone to refuse to be helpful.

There's really no call for anyone not to be at the raid instance under their own power and on on time short of some work or family emergency delaying them, either. But you're going to yell at the lock for not setting up the stone instead of yelling at the players who made the stone necessary in the first place?

09/04/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Leeloominai
On the other hand, I HATE waiting mid-raid for someone to go fix up a new piece of gear. If they were planning to raid with their existing gear at the beginning of the night, they can keep going with the same gear.

If the next fight is a progression fight, I'm more than happy to wait. People usually don't go back mid-raid to fix up their gear just because they got a new piece. They do it when having that upgraded gear, especially a new tier piece that adds a set bonus, or reforging out of their normal itemization (think Disc on Spine and how useless the Mastery is for Searing Plasma) can make a difference to the group's success.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Joynal
But you're going to yell at the lock for not setting up the stone

Just to be clear.

This?

There's really no call for anyone to refuse to be helpful.

Is not yelling. It's reproachful at worst.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]