Have Group, Will Travel.

90 Gnome Priest
09/04/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Leeloominai
But you're going to yell at the lock for not setting up the stone

Just to be clear.

This?
There's really no call for anyone to refuse to be helpful.

Is not yelling. It's reproachful at worst.

All I'm saying is put the blame where it really belongs in the first place instead of shifting focus to the lock.

I'm sure locks are generally happy to be putting up the stones to help out. If they're not, there's probably some players that have been abusing privilege to the point that resentment has built up and others no longer wish to be helpful, especially when that burden is falling solely on them and no others.

Instead of telling the locks they aren't being helpful, try fixing the real source of the problem.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
09/04/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Joynal
What was the source on that quote? Blizzard needs to say it more.

Bottom of the page:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889089839?page=6#new-post

it's in reference to people who died a lot in inferno mode.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I love it. Suspect they would never say something like that to the WoW players though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The lock abuse is brutal. I'm trying to form a union of warlocks that would stand up to this tyranny of high expectations and lack of appreciation. I'm already on a silent strike where I always show up to raids last so they have to summon my !@# (100% true).

I tried to resolve this problem without conflict, I even started giving out extra lock cookies, but I was still treated like a slave.. SUMMON ME HERE RIGHT NOW !!!! WHERE ARE MY DAMNED COOKIES!!!! GIVE ME DARK INTENT... PUT YOUR PET ON PASSIVE...

Next Union meeting is Sunday at 5pm server at the Slaughtered Lamb.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
09/04/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Kerrath
glyph of warlock: you now have a pocket aakarshan in your back pocket who you can use to summon your friends at any time. pocket aakarshan is reusable, disposable, and recyclable.

i'm guessing that aak would rather be in your front pocket than your back pocket....
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
abreen, silly, no one screams "GIVE ME DARK INTENT" anymore.....
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
The lock abuse is brutal. I'm trying to form a union of warlocks that would stand up to this tyranny of high expectations and lack of appreciation. I'm already on a silent strike where I always show up to raids last so they have to summon my !@# (100% true).

I tried to resolve this problem without conflict, I even started giving out extra lock cookies, but I was still treated like a slave.. SUMMON ME HERE RIGHT NOW !!!! WHERE ARE MY DAMNED COOKIES!!!! GIVE ME DARK INTENT... PUT YOUR PET ON PASSIVE...

And now with these updates, I can't even use the excuse, "Sorry, I never trained for that summon thing. Didn't think I'd need it, figured I'd save the gold."
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
WTS permanent lock summoning stone right outside the entrance of Dragon Soul for the next two weeks. Available at your raid's convenience:

$1,000 gold for initial summoning stone.

$500 gold for each subsequent stone.

cookies are complimentary.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/05/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Orielle
abreen, silly, no one screams "GIVE ME DARK INTENT" anymore.....

Rabb does!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
09/05/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Abreen
Rabb does!!!!

since when did you ever pay attention to canipleasedrivethegunship guy?

BTW, there's a gunship flying over Stormwind. Please be careful not to make a mess of it or on it, we will be purchasing it shortly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Please put me down for attendance. But if there are union dues, KMA.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
09/05/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Abreen
WHERE ARE MY DAMNED COOKIES!!!!

I definitely use lock cookies. I most certainly do not leave them rotting in my bags.

09/05/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Abreen
PUT YOUR PET ON PASSIVE...

Let's not and say we did.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
WTS permanent lock summoning stone right outside the entrance of Dragon Soul for the next two weeks. Available at your raid's convenience:

$1,000 gold for initial summoning stone.

$500 gold for each subsequent stone.

cookies are complimentary.
\
Are groups still able to ninja summon off a stone set up for a different group?

That could be a problem.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
09/05/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Orielle
Rabb does!!!!

since when did you ever pay attention to canipleasedrivethegunship guy?

I love that guy he is so nice
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Every time I had to use it, I felt like my character was being stomped on. :( I'm glad its gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have to agree with Orielle on this one, even within our own raid group which was fairly stable we had people that had things come up during the raid that we had to replace. Some nights we ended up having to go to a city multiple times to find replacements, if we didn't have someone from the guild who could come help out. Have Group, Will Travel saved us a great deal time and aggravation and allowed us to raid much more efficiently. Additionally if someone need help with a quest in some remote area, I personally was much more to help them, knowing that I wouldn't have to spend 15 minutes getting there. Have Group, Will Travel improved game flow and made helping others less of burden, plain and simple. There is no reason to try and say that it was a good idea to remove it; if it was something that you didn't like no one was forcing you to use it. It's something that should be brought back into the game and hopefully it will be.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Frankly, we are casual players - and we liked HGWT -- why was it necessary to remove it? I do not agree with you - Mr. Original Poster, emphatically I do not agree with you. I do not raid, our guild does not raid, it helped us -- particularly with our lower level members. I see no reason for its removal except silencing people like you. Leave the game fun for everyone - if you didn't like it -- then don't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
06/20/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
Stop doing content that's too hard for you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
What a necro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]