Shockadins..

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, if you see one, you are probably better off running away. Trying to fight one of us is an exercise in frustration right now. Heres a short little video featuring some Alliance players in TB, including Manamonster. I do 2v1 and eventually 3v1. I also show off how easy it is to two shot quest NPC's with high health.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5QfsxviJHI
Reply Quote
Good video. Some how seeing Mana and other NRU fight from a different POV is pretty weird. Hpallys need the nurfbat lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope they keep some of our damage though. Arena would be a lot easier for my team if I was able to assist, even if it was in a very short burst window.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Had one crit me for around 70k in a BG the other day. Granted, my gear is crap, but still not something I expect to see from a healer.

Interesting to see what it looks like from the hpally side though.
Reply Quote
I just mean their damage should be reasonable, not nurfed into the ground. You should be able to level comfortably in Holy spec but not win 3v1 fights. Granted you played against decently geared players.

You should be able to do some burst in arenas or BGs when you have the upper hand. But seeing Hpallys go 30+ killing blows with a few deaths make it a face roll class.

Yes, this all coming from a Mage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/04/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Ozrek
I hope they keep some of our damage though. Arena would be a lot easier for my team if I was able to assist, even if it was in a very short burst window.

True :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Heads up, we got nerfed to the ground. Im hitting 5k on resil targets. 11k if it crits. This is with the glyph that does +50% damage -50% healing too. Its over.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Woe
Nerfed and fixed are two different things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Amunastus
Nerfed and fixed are two different things.

When you're a paladin there are no fixes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Healers shouldn't be able to do dmg in the first place, these problems all started because people whine like 10 year olds because they want to do awesome dmg doesn't matter if they are healing or tanking. Point is if you want to dps play ret or stop complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Calihye
Healers shouldn't be able to do dmg in the first place, these problems all started because people whine like 10 year olds because they want to do awesome dmg doesn't matter if they are healing or tanking. Point is if you want to dps play ret or stop complaining.

What if you want to level as holy?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
09/05/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Kapachee
What if you want to level as holy?

Spam dungeons and bgs till lvl cap.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Don't level as a healer. If you want to level as a healing spec to get to know it better, level as a DPS spec but do a few dungeons every few levels. Alternatively, level with a friend or a guildy. Healers shouldn't really be able to do any noticeable levels of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Krzysztof
Don't level as a healer. If you want to level as a healing spec to get to know it better, level as a DPS spec but do a few dungeons every few levels. Alternatively, level with a friend or a guildy. Healers shouldn't really be able to do any noticeable levels of damage.

With the new quest rewards system that becomes very prohibitive for paladins. Strength gear doesn't translate well into healing.

09/05/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Calihye
Spam dungeons and bgs till lvl cap.

This method causes a huge set of problems when you hit 90 and don't have the item level to do heroics. And since you're a healer you can't kill mobs to complete daily quests, to earn rep and VP, to purchase gear.

Forcing someone to completely give up an entire aspect of the game solely because they picked the specialization they liked the most alienates people very quickly. I'm not arguing you should be critting with Holy Shock for 70k or something ridiculous, but it's not entirely outlandish to ask for the ability to complete quests in a timely manner as a holy paladin (or resto shaman/druid, or holy priest, or mistweaver, etc.).
Edited by Kapachee on 9/6/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/05/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Calihye
Healers shouldn't be able to do dmg in the first place

Actually they should, it provides a lot of utility especially if your team or your "group" has pressure on the enemy and you can help dish out some extra damage, or cc (which paladins really don't have aside from a stun.)

Or if you simply need to solo things, or do quests, etc.

The damage was definitely insane, and they fixed it, simple as that.
I don't think they really wanted holy shock to be doing more damage than denounce, which is the hpals go to pressure move, just like disc priests had/have mind spike/holy fire+smite.

Each healers have their own niche utilities, and paladins really didn't have any offensive capability, so they gave them denounce, the damage of denounce after the nerf is fine in my opinion.
Edited by Aesuga on 9/6/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Oh, right, the new quest reward system. I forgot about that (you could also just switch specs before accepting a reward, if I understand how that system works properly). I mean, I think holy paladins should be able to do damage, but definitely nowhere near the kind that Ozrek was doing in his video. 5k-11k is kinda decent, for a healing spec, on targets with a 50%+ damage reduction and other stats.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Phooze I swear to Odin you need to hire some small white gnome(more so than yourself) to paraphrase for you.

09/06/2012 12:51 AMPosted by Kapachee
With the new quest rewards system

Questing is for losers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Krzysztof
Healers shouldn't really be able to do any noticeable levels of damage.

Says the silly hunter =P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
09/06/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Mädâm
Healers shouldn't really be able to do any noticeable levels of damage.

Says the silly hunter =P

WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/06/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Calihye
Phooze I swear to Odin you need to hire some small white gnome(more so than yourself) to paraphrase for you.

I agree, Invictus would come in handy..

But I still prefer elaborating my points and explaining them thoroughly!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]