Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide (5.2)

100 Tauren Druid
Boss #4 - Open in Solar Eclipse ad AOE. AOE. CA + Multi-DOT. AOE. AOE. AOE. AOE. Oh, and don't forget to AOE. Did I mention AOE? AOE. I herd u liek AOE, so we gave you AOE so you can AOE while you AOE ( =^ 3^=) .

I experimented with everything on this boss and was unable to find any solid results. I read your DPS recommendation shortly before we attempted him this week, no dice. I was on spear duty though, and had some horrid luck with that corrosive stuff.

I looked through a lot of logs and it seems some druids are starting with the standard rotation, dotting everything and cycling through Eclipses like normal. Some start in Lunar, burn CDs, then push to Solar and camp while spamming Hurricane. I tried both of these strategies, along with starting in Solar, and it seemed that as soon as my cooldowns/potions wore off my damage dropped like a brick.

If I may ask, in the rotation you listed, when do you use Inc/NV/CA? I assume you pop CA when your mana is low from Hurricane spam, and use Inc/NV after all adds are dead, correct?
90 Troll Druid
11/06/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Tree
If I may ask, in the rotation you listed, when do you use Inc/NV/CA? I assume you pop CA when your mana is low from Hurricane spam, and use Inc/NV after all adds are dead, correct?

You can click on the hash "#" on WOL in the "Buffs/Debuffs" tab and when I popped them. Works much better than crawling logs. :)
91 Undead Priest
Not sure if you put it somewhere in the post but can you please put up the extra dot ticks without NG? Maybe I miss-read something but I'm pretty sure all the haste break points you put up were counting NG.
Looks like im the only one who posted on their non druid character.... >.>
Or maybe i missed someone else non druid post
Edited by Thegrind on 11/7/2012 10:30 AM PST
100 Troll Druid
Not sure if you put it somewhere in the post but can you please put up the extra dot ticks without NG? Maybe I miss-read something but I'm pretty sure all the haste break points you put up were counting NG.
Looks like im the only one who posted on their non druid character.... >.>
Or maybe i missed someone else non druid post
They are largely irrelevant and I don't suggest gearing around them, but 872, 6637, 12439, 18207
91 Undead Priest
Thank you
90 Troll Druid

You can click on the hash "#" on WOL in the "Buffs/Debuffs" tab and when I popped them. Works much better than crawling logs. :)

Adding on to my previous post with a new post to show an update:

I haven't calculated the effectiveness of Starfall opener with CA+Inc(Solar%)+NV -> 20sec of Hurricane on X then Y DOT ticks (i + (i+2=i) X GCds) @ 22,000 SP when compared to a Lunar Start [same as above, but with less "Hurricane" damage and slightly higher Starfall damage.

It's very, very mathy and not something I have time for, unfortunately. It's just a lot of algebra, not hard; just time-consuming.

I'm fairly certain opening in Lunar Eclipse is slightly better; giving it'll only take ~5sec to reach Solar Eclipse after the CA->Solar push. I'm not certain, though.
Edited by Cyous on 11/7/2012 5:25 PM PST
100 Troll Druid
So I found a neat little trick to do on the 2nd boss in HoF. Symbiosis a warrior and set up a macro to intervene your focus target. Then just focus your most trustworthy melee dps and zip right to them when unseen strike is about to go off. And your raid gets another move boost for dodging through the tornados.
90 Troll Druid
11/07/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Tagartou
So I found a neat little trick to do on the 2nd boss in HoF. Symbiosis a warrior and set up a macro to intervene your focus target. Then just focus your most trustworthy melee dps and zip right to them when unseen strike is about to go off. And your raid gets another move boost for dodging through the tornados.

You can also do this with Wild Mushrooms:

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/cleartarget
/target [@mouseover]
/cancelform
/use Wild Charge
/target Wild Mushroom
/use Wild Charge
/cleartarget
/targetlastenemy

--"Reverse Life Grip"
-- Spammable
-- Mouseover > closest Wild Mushroom
-- targets last enemy if exists, else no target (won't drop your enemy target, but prevents you from continuing to target the mushroom)

You can make an Intervene macro using the macro above (swapping "Wild Charge" for "Symbiosis")
Edited by Cyous on 11/8/2012 12:28 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
11/07/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Tagartou

You don't take their unseen strike damage that way?

I ran with wild charge for our kill last night. My DPS was abysmal with all the shifting and whatnot (and overall movement), but I liked it a lot better overall than feline swiftness. Also, in P2, cat charging the boss to skip the last 25yds of tornadoes is awesome.

I've been using a lock for symbiosis for double benefit: he gets rejuv, I get a longer damage reduction CD that's usable in P1 as well.
100 Troll Druid
11/08/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Eluial
You don't take their unseen strike damage that way?
Nope, since its AoE.

11/08/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Eluial
Also, in P2, cat charging the boss to skip the last 25yds of tornadoes is awesome.
Hmm, no danger of being picked up by a tornado mid charge?
90 Worgen Druid
11/08/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Tagartou

Haven't had it happen. I don't know enough about the mechanics of FC to know whether it's a possibility or not.
100 Worgen Druid
11/08/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Eluial

Haven't had it happen. I don't know enough about the mechanics of FC to know whether it's a possibility or not.

I'd assume you got lucky with hitboxes, depending on how many times you did it. Most charges have triggered things like that for me over the years.
90 Worgen Druid
11/09/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Daggy
I'd assume you got lucky with hitboxes, depending on how many times you did it. Most charges have triggered things like that for me over the years.

Well, one guildy was saying that if you run through him you will get knocked back no matter what. I was always approaching from the side. So maybe that made a difference? I dunno.

I'm going to try to switch back to FS (and get intervene) next week to see how it affects my DPS, though. I was really butthurt about my terrible DPS.
90 Worgen Druid
I'm kind of hesitant to say this, but I'm now on twitter. @Eluialkin. Don't expect any deep insights or interesting tweets, though. Did it mostly to be able to communicate with various wow-related people more easily.

I'm still new to this whole thing and I'm not sure I like it very much, but I'll try to check it often, if people want to use it as a form of communication.
90 Worgen Druid
I can confirm cat charging to the boss and going through a tornado will pick you up and drag you to the beginning. I tried out wild charge for a bit but just felt more comfortable using feline swiftness and some form of speed buff and cat form while running over. Not sure if it was just me but my DPS felt a little RNG on this fight depending on where I was on my eclipse bar when he vanished; I was very disappointed in myself this fight on multiple attempts. :\
100 Worgen Druid
I'm kind of hesitant to say this, but I'm now on twitter. @Eluialkin. Don't expect any deep insights or interesting tweets, though. Did it mostly to be able to communicate with various wow-related people more easily.

I'm still new to this whole thing and I'm not sure I like it very much, but I'll try to check it often, if people want to use it as a form of communication.

Now you just need a page on facebook and a youtube channel and you can go FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK, AND LIKE MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND SUBSCRIBE IT HELPS OUT A LOT REALLY.

xP
90 Worgen Druid

Now you just need a page on facebook and a youtube channel and you can go FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK, AND LIKE MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND SUBSCRIBE IT HELPS OUT A LOT REALLY.

xP

lol, well, I *do* have a youtube page, though I haven't uploaded anything in a while. I also have a fb, but that's personal, not a wow thing.

So far I'm pretty disappointed in the twitter, though. (Yes, I said THE twitter.) Thought it would be all lightning fast communication. Although, I did see Zarhym link to a post he made that totally shuts down someone QQing about the fire cat pet donating its proceeds to Sandy victims. That was amusing.
90 Night Elf Druid
Popping in to say hi to Eluial and everyone else (since I don't see an OT thread)! Finally picked up my drood again, though I betrayed chickenform.

Love,
the druid formally known as Forcekin
90 Worgen Druid
As far as I'm aware, there is a way to import your character from the armory into wrathcalcs, correct? I can't seem to figure out exactly how to do it though. x_x
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey folks! Can anyone tell me why Zoomkins and Bushino on Illidan have 5580 and 5590 haste respectively? I keep meaning to try it out and see what it does, but the only thing I could think of would be making wrath closer to 1 sec cast time. I know their gear is up there, but as we all get closer, is a one second wrath something to aim for or is it simply out of the question?

I'm assuming here that they are aiming for that haste rating and that they don't simply have so much haste that they can't reforge it elsewhere...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]