Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide (5.2)

95 Troll Druid
12/13/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Primalfears
last night i got the elite dagger from protectors and after doing some wrathcalcs with it i came out with more dps then the sha touched mace from grand emp us this dagger gonna be BiS from heroics as well because i would feel silly not using a sha touch weapon when all the other classes do
Did you include the prismatic gem slot added to the sha-touched mace? Because I believe that makes it slightly better.
ya the dagger beats it out by like 150 dps for me might be because i dont have 4 piece or something
90 Worgen Druid
Updated some things, including (finally) changing to recommending crit over haste.

12/13/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Primalfears
ya the dagger beats it out by like 150 dps for me might be because i dont have 4 piece or something

Honestly, I'd go with the mace. It's going to be better in the long run because of the extra socket from the next part of the legendary quest so you're going to want to spend your VP upgrading it. 150 dps is nothing. It's noise.
90 Troll Druid
I've been having some trouble keeping my DPS up on garalon 10 man. I am the 2nd kiter in our group and all i find myself doing is standing there and looking pretty since the boss is out of range most of my kiting time. Could any boomkin give me any advice on how to keep my DPS up higher? should i multidot the legs? should i dps legs in the circles or just stay on boss? my group has been hitting the enrage timer at about 3-5% so the extra DPS would help alot.
90 Troll Druid
12/16/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Fëral
I've been having some trouble keeping my DPS up on garalon 10 man. I am the 2nd kiter in our group and all i find myself doing is standing there and looking pretty since the boss is out of range most of my kiting time. Could any boomkin give me any advice on how to keep my DPS up higher? should i multidot the legs? should i dps legs in the circles or just stay on boss? my group has been hitting the enrage timer at about 3-5% so the extra DPS would help alot.

Have other people kite in that spot.
90 Worgen Druid
12/16/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Fëral

Have your guild try a 2 tank strat. We were having similar issues and we switched to that and it was easy.

So, 2 tank spec players, 1 healer and 1 mobile range DPS (hunter is best, mage works pretty well too) do the kiting. That means everyone else gets to stand and tunnel DPS. Having only 1 DPS kite makes up for one of the tanks not being DPS spec.
90 Troll Druid
I have 2 quick questions for the Theory crafting gods.

It has been said that the optimal stat priority atm is
Int>Hit-15%>Crit>Haste(Breakpoint)>Mastery

Should I be dumping my leftover stats into Mastery, Since I am at my Haste breakpoint, and have optimized my crit, or is extra haste > mastery?

Second, should I be reapplying an eclipsed dot 1 cast before leave, so that I have more uptime on my powerful dots, or apply it once when I hit the eclipse and just rush into the next eclipse?
90 Troll Druid
I have 2 quick questions for the Theory crafting gods.

It has been said that the optimal stat priority atm is
Int>Hit-15%>Crit>Haste(Breakpoint)>Mastery

Should I be dumping my leftover stats into Mastery, Since I am at my Haste breakpoint, and have optimized my crit, or is extra haste > mastery?

Second, should I be reapplying an eclipsed dot 1 cast before leave, so that I have more uptime on my powerful dots, or apply it once when I hit the eclipse and just rush into the next eclipse?

If your DOTs won't last you until the next Eclipse, refresh. Since you have the 4pc, I'm noticing I'm not needing to refresh too often. If I'm pushing out of Solar Eclipse, for example, and Sunfire has 11sec left, I'll just keep going to Lunar (Moonfire will be at 4-6sec ish). From there, Moonfire (uneclipsed) will fade as I enter Lunar, which is ideal.

Play around with it. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't right.

As for the Stat dump, I'm experimenting with it right now, but it's heavily skewed for this tier. It might be better overall, but certainly not ideal. It varies fight-to-fight.
Edited by Cyous on 12/20/2012 7:17 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
Awesome, I will toy around with it. I always assumed that keeping the Eclipsed dots up longer was more important than pushing Eclipse, Though I did notice an improvement on the dummy just now.
90 Troll Druid
Those were also my preliminary thoughts, but with mastery so low, and dot damage in general being nothing compared to what it was in Cata, I'm finding there are far more situations than there would've been an expac ago where it's best just to push forward to the next +45% damage, +15% haste instead of re-applying dots.

Not sure what everyone else's findings are, but currently I'm veering towards minimal refreshes with 90-95% dot uptime (alot of which is uneclipsed), as opposed to more refreshing and clipping, with much higher eclipsed dot uptime.
Edited by Velaniz on 12/21/2012 12:07 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
Hmm I was fooling around with hotw a bit more today, and stumbled across something I don't know how I missed before. It seems that our largest possible aoe output, with a really high number of adds, so diminishing returns would make Hurricane less useful (or more useless), Swipe + Thrash spam in bear form yields some insane results. This is because of the dot Thrash applies, which itself suffers no DR. Only thing is the threat would have to be somehow worked around, and I can easily see this happening with Mirror images from symbiosis.

Edit: So it seems this is a bug >.< Most other resto/balance druids don't have this spell in their spellbook. Funny thing is, nor do I. But it somehow exists on my bar when I shift into bear form on my pvp off spec. It must somehow be a vestige of my long forgotten feral offspec from back in cata, because this only exists in my pvp balance off spec, and not my pve balance main spec.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/thrashbugscreenshot.png/
Edited by Velaniz on 12/21/2012 3:29 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
Hmm I was fooling around with hotw a bit more today, and stumbled across something I don't know how I missed before. It seems that our largest possible aoe output, with a really high number of adds, so diminishing returns would make Hurricane less useful (or more useless), Swipe + Thrash spam in bear form yields some insane results. This is because of the dot Thrash applies, which itself suffers no DR. Only thing is the threat would have to be somehow worked around, and I can easily see this happening with Mirror images from symbiosis.

Edit: So it seems this is a bug >.< Most other resto/balance druids don't have this spell in their spellbook. Funny thing is, nor do I. But it somehow exists on my bar when I shift into bear form on my pvp off spec. It must somehow be a vestige of my long forgotten feral offspec from back in cata, because this only exists in my pvp balance off spec, and not my pve balance main spec.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/thrashbugscreenshot.png/

Yer gona got B&!
I made a post on the NV nerf:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7416063738?page=2#23

I'm not sure how accurate I am with my numbers nor my modelling, but I feel like that's in the ballpark for a single-target, no mod fight. I've got no clue how to estimate the nerf for multi-target fights, or even Elegon, but I would assume it shouldn't be more than 2-4%, since everything that affects the loss in burst DPS should also affect the gain in the one buffed eclipse cycle.
Edited by Slippykins on 12/22/2012 1:31 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the post Slippy. I'm still not happy about it, but what you're saying seems to make sense. I'm wondering if the change to soul of the forest would be worth looking at for us (doubtful) and if this NV nerf would make HotW a more attractive option again, minus the idea of mooncatting for the moment. I was arguing with my guild last night that the passive Int wasn't worth the lost burst unless you just weren't pressing the button right, but maybe I would be wrong now? I don't know what the math on NV being better than HotW was before. *lazy sparkle druid*
Edited by Kuluvi on 12/22/2012 9:41 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
While it's still early, the PTR should be up soon-ish.

If you have issues, concerns, math, theory, logic, an opinion with any Balance changes (whether the changes are direct or indirect towards Balance), please give your feedback. It is the only way to give insight to what the players are thinking about the changes. While no one likes being nerfed, offering a reasonable argument or concern as feedback is really the only way to get the Devs to change their mind, or rethink changes.
Edited by Cyous on 12/23/2012 1:54 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Wow reforge is a mess. I type in everything your guide says but it just wont work right. I am just so lost with how to reforge and gem my boomy
90 Worgen Druid
What's wrong with it? Right now the main problem it's having is it doesn't recognize valor point item upgrades, but you don't have any of those so it should be working just fine.

Changing your pure haste gem to pure crit, and your spirit/haste gem to spirit/crit, and then running you through the optimizer, I get:
crit 6638
hit 5100
haste 2758
mastery 1809

It's probably not a big deal not to change those two gems, since 480 crit isn't even quite 1% crit, but eventually you will want to change them. For the time being it might be nice to just keep your haste above that 3000 mark, which I have very unscientifically found to be sort of a comfort break point.

I'm sure you know this, but your next VP purchase should be Snowdrift Helm (unless, of course, you get a drop first).
90 Tauren Druid
Gah, I just bought the Bambrik's Striking Strap waist from Dominance offensive. I don't know if your calculations added that in there or not? I'll try and get the same numbers you had above.

Anyways, this is what I was doing on wowreforge
HIT close to 5100 (Over Cap 0)
Haste at least 5273 (Over Cap 1.91) I think that is what I am confused about. The guy says to enter the highest haste breakpoint I can reach (which is 5273) but when I do that I lose all of my hit rating. I really don't know anything about the haste breakpoints or what to even type into the box.

I had crit 2 and haste 1.91 for stat weights

and my final results looked like this
crit 6914
hit 2248 :(
haste 5205
mastery 1938
90 Worgen Druid
12/24/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Orlém
Haste at least 5273 (Over Cap 1.91) I think that is what I am confused about. The guy says to enter the highest haste breakpoint I can reach (which is 5273) but when I do that I lose all of my hit rating. I really don't know anything about the haste breakpoints or what to even type into the box.

Yeah. OK. The wording in the guide is a little weird here because of all the haste v crit stuff. But basically, forget about the break point.

Do hit exactly at 5100, crit weight is 2, haste weight is 1.9. Optimize, and there you go.

Just FYI though, when you run in to the problem you're having now you can force it to hit cap you by using exactly or at least instead of close to.
90 Tauren Druid
I forgot to mention that reforge tells me to change most of the stats to hit. Why not Spirit? I thought Spirit>Hit.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]