Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide (5.2)

90 Worgen Druid
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said. Or maybe I'm just getting confuzzled on GCDs. But if you're casting a wrath, it's wrath's GCD you have to worry about, right? Or... is it.. hmm. I think I've been thinking about GCDs in a fundamentally flawed way all along. I always connected it to the spell you just cast, but really it should be to the spell you're about to cast, if that makes sense.

OK, it's all clear now.
90 Troll Druid
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said. Or maybe I'm just getting confuzzled on GCDs. But if you're casting a wrath, it's wrath's GCD you have to worry about, right? Or... is it.. hmm. I think I've been thinking about GCDs in a fundamentally flawed way all along. I always connected it to the spell you just cast, but really it should be to the spell you're about to cast, if that makes sense.

OK, it's all clear now.

Good to hear :)
90 Troll Druid
I just got Essence of Terror. Currently I have Light of Cosmos and Relic of Yu'lon, which are both upgarded twice. I am able to upgrade Essence of Terror, but I'm facing some confusion on which trinket to replace (even though I think the answer may seem obvious. I want to be sure.)

I anticipate replacing Light of Cosmos soon with the heroic version, if the darn thing ever drops for me.
90 Worgen Druid
Probably replace your LoC with essence, but then replace it back when you get heroic LoC.

Personally, I'm not a fan of EoT and don't plan on grabbing it unless we somehow kill heroic sha before 5.2, and all the other casters who want it get it.
90 Troll Druid
EoT sucks. The massive int boost is nice, but the haste proc is meh.
90 Worgen Druid
01/30/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Cyous

That's how I feel, but I have a hard time recommending something because "meh." lol

I think they're pretty close to each other (EoT and LotC) assuming you have the same difficulty type of each. Which still says a lot, since LotC is lower ilvl than EoT even at the same difficulty type.
100 Worgen Druid

That's how I feel, but I have a hard time recommending something because "meh." lol

I think they're pretty close to each other (EoT and LotC) assuming you have the same difficulty type of each. Which still says a lot, since LotC is lower ilvl than EoT even at the same difficulty type.

As far as I've seen with WrathCalcs, LotC (N) beats the hell out of EoT (N). I'm not sure if LotC (N) > EoT (H), but it still stands that RoY > EoT (N) as well, so the only people that would ever use any sort of EoT are either, a) in top-end, heroic Sha killing guilds, or b) do not have access to either RoY or LotC (N+).

Overall, I generally tell people to go for RoY and upgrade it. EoT, as Cyous said, is pretty meh and really will only be used in a BiS scenario, of which most people aren't near to completing.
Edited by Slippykins on 1/31/2013 5:17 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
Even with the H:EOT, i still don't like it...it just doesn't seem to proc enough.
90 Worgen Druid
02/05/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Cyous
Even with the H:EOT, i still don't like it...it just doesn't seem to proc enough.

I had the normal version a while ago, the CD time on it felt redicliously long, like 2mins or something. Definately wasn't a fan of it then, doubt I will enjoy the heroic version much more.
100 Troll Druid
(Item not found)

First reaction = :O

I guess we'll finally know if dot crit scaling is dynamic like t11 4p led us to believe, or if it really is just like mastery/int, and that the thing with t11 was unique.

But if it is indeed dynamic, I can't wait to spread dots before it procs, and then rain starsurge crits on stuff like never before. I guess its value will ultimately be determined by its icd though, among other things.

Edit: So it doesn't show it. Here's a link. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94524-unerring-vision-of-lei-shen
Edited by Velaniz on 2/13/2013 6:43 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
02/13/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Velaniz
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94524-unerring-vision-of-lei-shen

Going to be a gigantic pain in the !@# to line that up with CA. But if you do; it's ultimately the most OP trinket in the game, by a lot.

In addition, this trinket will force us to play as follows:
ROTATION A "Normal":
~ Cast as we did last tier

ROTATION B "OMFG I NEED TO APPLY AS MANY DOTS AS POSSIBLE AMG GET OUT ME BRO":
You should be able to get no less than 2 DOTs rolling, possibly a maximum of 4 or 5. It makeyour DOTs will Crit 100% of the time, we can easily translate to +100% damage. Since Eclipse only grants +45% ish damage, these auto-Crit DOTs will have 50% more DpET than Eclipsed (non-auto-Crit). In addition, this will cause the Starsurge "Machine-Gunning" effect and significantly increases the value of our 2pc bonus (we should n ever cast any nukes if we can apply more auto-Crit DOTs, the net gain is ridiculously high. (One could speculate, you have a 60% every tick interval for a Starsurge proc [1.5sec ish]).

As for the ramifications on secondary stats, Haste breakpoints WITHOUT NG will be just as important as those with it, because you cannot guarantee you will have NG when this proc is active.
Int > Haste ["lazy" breakpoint] > Crit > Mastery > Haste
Edited by Cyous on 2/13/2013 10:47 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
I was wondering if someone could maybe provide me with a little explanation on how you refresh DoTs with procs like trinkets/enchants. Like, is there a specific set of rules or something I should be following? Right now I'm not really paying that much attention to my procs and figure maybe I could get a little more juice out of them.
90 Worgen Druid
You definately can. Try lining them up with nature's grace and in eclipse. From there you can play with it more as you get more comfortable to get a re-application with trinkets up before eclipse ends as well. It all depends on where you are at in your eclipse or if you can reach the next one before they fall off.
90 Worgen Druid
02/13/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Solbiadeus
You definately can. Try lining them up with nature's grace and in eclipse. From there you can play with it more as you get more comfortable to get a re-application with trinkets up before eclipse ends as well. It all depends on where you are at in your eclipse or if you can reach the next one before they fall off.

Oh no, I do line them up with NGs and my eclipse of course, I meant more in-depth reapplication of DoTs with things like trinket procs/enchants.
90 Worgen Druid
I'm not sure how much more indepth I can go for ya? I'm not a numbers cruncher by any means but I know a dot with trinkets up is worth more then one with out.
90 Troll Druid
02/13/2013 11:26 PMPosted by Prunie
Oh no, I do line them up with NGs and my eclipse of course, I meant more in-depth reapplication of DoTs with things like trinket procs/enchants.

Not worth it in nearly all cases. If you would game it, you would be gaming buffs such as those found on Heroic: Stone Guard
100 Troll Druid
Cyous, out of curiosity, what's your dummy dps like? Preferably on the level 85 dummies (so no 3% crit suppression) and with starfall only landing on one target. Wondering how much of a difference nearly 20 ilevels makes.
90 Worgen Druid
02/15/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Velaniz
Cyous, out of curiosity, what's your dummy dps like? Preferably on the level 85 dummies (so no 3% crit suppression) and with starfall only landing on one target. Wondering how much of a difference nearly 20 ilevels makes.

Without him actually telling you... its super significant.

Being the most gear dependent class in the game, even just the slightest upgrade of a piece makes a huge jump in DPS.

I say this all the time, but its true our gear dependency is a blessing and a curse.

A curse because our beginning game DPS is really lackluster, but a blessing because end game content is through the roof.

I also want to point out if your looking for DPS numbers for raid sitting in front of a dummy really wont help reflect true "raid numbers" I say this because in raid especially in HM movement is inevitable. Sitting on a dummy just requires you to stand, so your not getting a true reflection of raid numbers.

But if I were to guess Cy if you stood in front of a dummy, you would be pulling 106-110k give or take the RNG of SS procs. And the fact that you cant just have 1 target being hit from Starfall ;-p
Edited by Skyotter on 2/15/2013 9:17 AM PST
100 Troll Druid
I was really just wondering what the % difference would be like given our gear-dependance too. I'll likely be around 510 for most of 5.2 myself.

And about the dummies and Starfall, you can if you're Horde actually :P

Edit: You can in SW too. There's a spot on the little shed thing attached to the building in Old town with the Hunter trainers in it from where you're in range of just one level 80 dummy, which work the same as level 85 or 90 ones. I'm actually doing this myself as Horde on Lullidan.
Edited by Velaniz on 2/15/2013 9:52 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
02/15/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Velaniz

Probably 95-100k or so. When I do my testing I don't use any buffs except Moonkin Form. In a raid setting I think I can maintain 115k (previous Sha progression, no buff, zerging Sha)
Edited by Cyous on 2/15/2013 12:32 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]