Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide (5.2)

90 Worgen Druid
Awww. You guys are making me cry. I mean. There's dust in my eye. Yep.

<3 you all. It's been a ton of fun but at this point in time I need to get a few things off my plate. For the time being I don't plan on quitting playing, so I'll be around.

I'll try my best not to be OCD about Cyous's formatting, either. ;)
90 Troll Druid
03/03/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Eluial
I'll try my best not to be OCD about Cyous's formatting, either. ;)

I'll give you a hint: It rhymes with "Block of Text"
90 Worgen Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=7923993861#80868315765

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD. Proc rate multiplied by 0.00 for non-caster specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.5 for Balance Druids. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.

Not looking good for UVLS... it's about ~1k DPS lower than the other trinkets now. ):
90 Troll Druid
so...its now a 0.75 RPPM for us? or... 0.25?
Edited by Cyous on 3/4/2013 3:12 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Should be 0.5*0.5 = 0.25 realPPM.

Then haste benefits would go off that.
Edited by Slippykins on 3/4/2013 3:22 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Was fun while it lasted on the PTR, and I was kinda looking forward to it. >.>

But honestly an extra gimmick to our rotation is probably not for the best, heh.
90 Troll Druid
UVLS wasn't even good.... you either had amazing RNG or terrible RNG with it.
90 Worgen Druid
Was obviously looking forward to the former!
90 Worgen Druid
03/04/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Cyous
UVLS wasn't even good.... you either had amazing RNG or terrible RNG with it.

I was personally just looking forward to the fun of having many SS procs, handle it!
90 Troll Druid
Good news everyone!

I am recording Moonkin POVs for Throne of Thunder!

And there's bad news: I forgot to record Council of Elders and Tortos. We cleared 6/12N tonight, so I'll have some of the more "mechanic-y" fights posted soon. Not sure I'll be commentating at this point, but I'll happy to answer questions or discuss why I messed up in some places.

Jin'rohk the Breaker 25N: (Seriously, this is a boss?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhvKJQ5vcI

Horridon 25N: (Fun, hectic, lots of dot'ing; Happy Chicken)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZSJ85y7caM
-- Blocked in Germany, yay copyright

More videos will be uploaded to my channel in the coming weeks. Understand that progression is progression, and that people gets very moody during this time.

You can find my channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CYOUSxILLIDAN

(Yes, I am aware I am no longer on Illidan.)
Edited by Cyous on 3/6/2013 1:17 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Hey Cyous you still sticking with NV? After tonight I'm completely unthrilled with the way the 2nd use has been lining up. Thoughts?
90 Troll Druid
Are those using NV finding it necessary to make room for a new keybind for it? My NV/Inc macro seems to suffice, since everytime I pop Inc I also want to use NV. I think I probably need to make an aura to track it, though.
90 Troll Druid
Are those using NV finding it necessary to make room for a new keybind for it? My NV/Inc macro seems to suffice, since everytime I pop Inc I also want to use NV. I think I probably need to make an aura to track it, though.
No, I just changed the #showtooltip to NV instead of Inc and made two new auras(one counts down NV's cd and the other tells me when its usable).
90 Troll Druid
Hey Cyous you still sticking with NV? After tonight I'm completely unthrilled with the way the 2nd use has been lining up. Thoughts?

I'm using HOTW. Just need a reminder to show that NV has < 5sec left on cooldown and Incarnation's cooldown is > 30sec (large number that will, hopefully, never conflict). I still have 7 buttons open on my mouse so keybindings are a non-issue for myself ~ ymmv.

Just to add, I used NV during the majority of PTR testing. I'm gauging the passive healing of NV on a personal level. I still think NV will be great for 10man. You're healing 1/10th the raid passively, not 1/25th as in 25man. The healing in a 25man setting seems negligible, but 10man was very "amg, this is NV is 10man? it's so much better than NV 25man..."
Edited by Cyous on 3/6/2013 11:15 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEK2ltY5XRM

25N Megaera
90 Worgen Druid
For the first few bosses in tot, is it advisable for me to hit the 8k haste cap?
90 Troll Druid
For the first few bosses in tot, is it advisable for me to hit the 8k haste cap?

Not really. You'll lose at lot of Crit.
Edited by Cyous on 3/6/2013 9:43 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks for reply!
90 Worgen Druid
After quite a bit of thinking on the subject, I decided to switch the BiS list from the 10289 haste breakpoint to full crit. You can read more about my reasoning here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1264467-Balance-T15H-BiS-List?p=20438580&viewfull=1#post20438580

What'll be nice is we have almost 16k crit with this build, meaning we should be even more powerful with multi-dotting. One caveat though: it will be easier to lose starsurge procs now if they're currently in travel to the target and you have to wait to press the button. Most of the fights in ToT you can be right next to the mobs, so that would be advised if you don't want to lose a significant portion of your DPS.
90 Troll Druid
So after the first 4 bosses, here is what I think of NV vs HotW on each of them.

Jinrohk-NV is the clear winner here. It lines up pretty well with the damage boost puddles timers. HotW could work, but NV seems clearly superior.

Horridon-This one is a little less cut and dry, but I'm going to say NV for a couple reasons. First it lines up well with dinomancer spawns. Second, it has better synergy with the damage mod final burn on horridon. What seems best is to use NV by itself 15-20s before the farraki dinomancer. This should leave it coming off cooldown by the time the 2nd and 3rd gurubashi priests jump down. Pop NV/inc, burn 1 priest down and then the dinomancer should be spawning right when you hit CA. Burn him to 50% then kill the other priest with the last 7 seconds of CA. This seems like the hardest part of the fight to me and the offheals from NV and the damage boost should make it more beneficial than HotW.

Council-I'm thinking HotW here. Sul is by far the most dangerous and you want to not be gimped for his empowerment. Since the order is random you cannot ensure that you will have cd's up every time he is empowered, so it seems best to just go with the consistent damage. Also keep in mind that NV would do practically no healing if you had it up during every empowerment of his since a lot of the time is spent AoEing.

Tortos-It looks like consistent damage is better for this fight, so HotW should be better. But bear in mind we just started progression here so I could very well be wrong.

Cyous, please comment/add to this
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]