Roleplayer Guild Directory (Ended 11/13/12)

100 Night Elf Warrior
It was recently suggested that our forum needed a RP guild directory, so herein is my rough attempt to create a thread for guilds who are seeking fellow roleplayers. This thread is for RP guilds guilds who would like to advertise to the Feathermoon community. Below are formats for guild entries; suggestions for changes are welcome. If the thread develops, I will work to refine it as needed and/or suggested.

The guild profiles in the top two posts are abbreviated for spacing limitations; for the full submitted profile, scroll down through the thread to the original submission.

PLEASE NOTE: I removed the individuals format due to redundancy with another sticky. Please see Gunstrak's "Flesh Out Your RP Character" thread for submission of individual character profiles. If you made one here already, though, leave it. I'm not very good at this. :)

ANOTHER NOTE: For roleplay chat channels on alliance side, consider "/join rpa" or "/join buzzbox". Details for each are posted below by Faroth and Bricu, respectively.

As for Horde roleplay channels, please read the post by Noslferatu, provided on page 2 below.

GUILDS
1. Guild name:
2. Horde or Alliance:
3. Guild focus: Obviously your guild focuses on roleplay if it's being listed here, but what else do you do?
4. Guild theme: Are you an all-tauren tribe or all-dwarf clan? Mercenary group? House of refuge? House of nobles? House of sin? Circus troupe? Military or para-military organization? Branch of an existing in-game faction? Warlock coven? Let's hear it!
5. Faction Rivalry Stance: Where does your guild stand concerning the war between the Horde and Alliance? Foolish rivalry? Necessary evil? Smite the other side? Great source of profit?
6. We are seeking: Let us know what your guild is looking for, either as recruits or maybe opportunities to interact with other guilds.
7. Hours of Operation: When is your guild most active? Please use server time.
8. Requirements: Some guilds require that new recruits reach a certain level, or have certain lore knowledge, others are completely open. What are your guild's requirements and recruitment methods?
9. People to contact: Self-explanatory.
Edited by Kelliana on 11/13/2012 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
ALLIANCE GUILDS

Nihil (submitted by Brokahn, presumably a Horde alt?)

Guild Focus: PvE primarily, guild runs, challenges, and just having fun

Requirement: Proper typing is a must, as is grammar. Lore knowledge is appreciated, but not required ^^ Member contribution is also required, as is Roleplay, obviously. Potential members are asked to sit through an in-character interview before admission is allowed.

People to contact: Send a message to Abighaile, or, if she's offline, send an in-game mail
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order of the Rose (submitted by Viridiant)

Guild focus: The Order of the Rose is an rp guild that uses /guild as well as its own channel for rp purposes, restricting ooc chatter to a channel created specifically for that. We have a few members who pvp occasionally, and we also have two raid groups, though raiding is not really a focus either. We are mainly a place to chat and rp with other people.

We are seeking: Friendly, fun loving characters who wish to help provide aid to those who need it or would like to guard those who do provide aid. Must not mind somewhat goofy guild leaders.

People to contact: Chelody (guild leader); Viridiant (recruitment officer); Hinote, Varenna, Shael (officers)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order of the White Tower (submitted by Faroth)

Guild focus: Roleplay, questing, 5 mans, and raiding in a more relaxed "casual" style

We are seeking: Recruits and interaction with other guilds.

People to contact: Faroth (Guild Leader), Catreya, Taseli
Paper Roses (submitted by Percival)

Guild disbanded.
Wildfire Riders (submitted by Bricu)

Guild focus: skullduggery, legitimate business, oath breaking, liquor sales and raising children.

We are seeking: When we're gaming in the Pig, we're looking for people with good stories who aren't wallflowers or Arthas' secret love child with Sylvannus. We are always seeking foils for RP, rivalries and a chance to make fat cashh

People to contact:Tarquin, Annalea, Bricu, Threnn, Lorelli, Ulthanon, Delion and if you're brave enough, Chryste.
Edited by Kelliana on 10/22/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
HORDE GUILDS

Errant Pride (submitted by Günstrak)

Guild focus: We consider ourselves a Casual RP guild. With our diverse interests, we unfortunately can not claim to be a 100% RP-centric guild. Many of our membership in fact do not RP. We are a friends and family guild that attempts to provide a PvE Raiding and World PvP nich for our members, while maintaining an atmosphere where "everyone knows your name".

We are seeking: For a limited time the <Errant Pride> is conducting open recruitment. While one goal is to find fresh blood for our organized teams, we are also seeking new membership for RP and Casual RP membership.

Who to contact: Gunstrak is the guild leader, but any guild member should be able to point you in the right direction.
Farstriders (submitted by Tharalas)

Guild focus: The Farstriders guild was primarily created as a blood-elf only, role-playing guild, and a place to soak in and enjoy the leveling experience. However, the breadth of the Farstriders (all two of us) can be found participating in the occasional pvp skirmish when the mood strikes.

We are seeking: Mature blood elf roleplayers preferably. Originally this was meant as a hunter-only guild, though I am opening up to the thought of adding more classes. This guild is mostly tailored as an alt guild due to our relaxed hours and lack of structured guild events. Casual gamers, who have belf alts, and have no patience for gossip and drama are certainly welcome.

People to contact: Tharalas will be the main point of contact. If I'm not online, mail me a letter if you'd like to introduce yourself. Or if you just feel like shooting the breeze.
Mistweavers (submitted by Tatimitzi)

Guild focus: PVE, RP, being ridiculous

We are seeking: Friendly, mature, geeky folk who want to have fun.

People to contact: Tatimitzi, Dotson, Meishara, (we have a lot of alts, so just who us and ask whoever you find if an officer is around)
Noxilite (submitted by Corspilla)

Guild focus: Medium RP. Noxilite is an RP guild. While the guild leader and one of the officers do run a ten man raiding team, membership in the guild does not guarantee you a spot in the raid.

We are seeking: People willing to engage in RP.

People to contact: Ghaar, Keltyr, Corspilla, Davien, and Dorritow.
Sword and Quill (submitted by Xavencia)

Guild focus: Role Play. That being said we've members who indulge in PvP, World PvP, and Raiding.

We are seeking: Lore abiding Role Players of all races and classes.

People to contact: Pretts, Nyzara, and Iselian are our officers, although anybody online can either answer questions or direct those who are curious to the proper person.
Edited by Kelliana on 11/2/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
HORDE GUILDS (continued)

The Cartographic Society (submitted by Tufak)

Guild focus: Roleplay, some PvE. We do have a guild raid but it's not an official 'you must be in TCS to join' raid.

We are seeking: Friendly, mature people interested in roleplay.

People to contact: Tufak or Vynistus. Ask any member for either and if we're on, they'll let you know.
The Thundering Hammer Clan (submitted by Thorgrun)
Guild Focus: Crushing our enemies, seeing them driven before us and hearing the lamentation of their women. We are the original home of Hordecore PvP, hosts of the Anvil Raid and the legendary A-Team. The environment is Medium RP, PvP focused, and mature.

People to contact: In-Game mail to Thorgrun, or email Malkavet at our website. Which if you really are literate you should be able to find in relatively short order.
Umbral Advent (submitted by Vivimord)

Guild focus: Everything! RP, PvE, PvP, shenanigans. We'll be running two raids in Mists, and likely participating in RBGs again. Friendship comes first, though.

We are seeking: We prefer to be sought rather than to seek... but really, if you're friendly and an RPer and want to be in a close-knit community, contact one of us.

People to contact: Almost anyone in the guild will be able to help you. If you see Bregdark on, though, contact him! He's our wondrous GM.
Edited by Kelliana on 10/25/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
GUILDS
1. Guild name: <Errant Pride>

2. Horde or Alliance: Horde

3. Guild focus: We consider ourselves a Casual RP guild. With our diverse interests, we unfortunately cannot claim to be a 100% RP-centric guild. Many of our membership in fact do not RP. We are a friends and family guild that attempts to provide a PvE Raiding and a World PvP niche for our members, while maintaining an atmosphere where "everyone knows your name".

4. Guild theme: The <Errant Pride> is a multi-racial militant Horde organization with a mandate to defend the Horde and enforce the will of the Warchief (regardless of who that currently is).

5. Faction Rivalry Stance: The <Errant Pride> will do what it takes to get the job done. Nothing is more paramount than the security of the Horde and its people. If the Alliance gets in the way, then blood will be shed. The <Errant Pride> is known to set aside old grudges during international cultural events (i.e. the annual Rose Ball), but as an extension of the Horde’s military our members are at war with the Alliance.

6. We are seeking: For a limited time the <Errant Pride> is conducting open recruitment. While one goal is to find fresh blood for our organized teams, we are also seeking new membership for RP and Casual RP membership.

7. Hours of Operation: We have players across many time zones with players online 24-7. Our peak activity is in the evenings between 4pm and 10pm PDT (aka server time).

8. Requirements: Every potential guild member regardless of relationship or interest must fill out an application. After joining new RP recruits may be required to participate (in-game) in an RP "job interview" with the Warboss or a member of his administration staff. Additional requirements such as player-crafted quests are often required as well. Potential applicants should visit our website: www.errantpride.com

9) Who to contact: Gunstrak is the guild leader, but any guild member should be able to point you in the right direction.
Edited by Günstrak on 9/28/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
INDIVIDUALS
1. Character name and title:
Kelliana Bladesong; Guildwatch Captain, Incorrigible Loudmouth

2. Character age (or age-equivalent, if need be):
Equivalent of a 30-year-old human. If anyone knows what that is chronologically, please let me know.

3. Character race and class:
Kaldorei Sentinel (night-elf fury warrior)

4. Character personality (keywords):
brash, protective, headstrong, compassionate, prone to grudges

5. Character views and goals:
Kelliana's idols have always been Jarod Shadowsong and Shandris Feathermoon, and she seeks to emulate them in her military service, hoping one day to command her own forces. As a member of the younger generation of kaldorei, she also seeks to integrate her Sentinel roots with the new world of the Alliance. Defending and reclaiming Ashenvale is her top concern.

6. Character strengths and flaws:
For strengths, Kell is extremely loyal to her friends and allies, compassionate, and duty-bound. For weaknesses, she's extremely prideful, narrow-minded on particular issues, and a borderline alcoholic.

7. Player focus:
I usually prefer open, unscripted, ad-hoc roleplay, because it seems to me to be the most immersive method of character interaction. I'm open to roleplaying anywhere in the server world, but in reality that usually happens in town anyway. I love world pvp, even if it often results in me fighting the urge to put a hole in the wall.

8. Player availability:
Anytime on the weekends, 5-9 on weeknights. Damn east-coast time difference.

9. Player strengths and flaws (as a roleplayer):
I'm pretty good about sticking to character, and try to be creative as possible. On the badside, I'm kinda scatter-brained and can get lost when there's a number of conversations going on at once. Lots of scrolling back up going "what'd i miss?"
Edited by Kelliana on 9/6/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Undead Mage
Guild name: Noxilite

Horde or Alliance: Horde

Guild focus: Medium RP. Noxilite is an RP guild. While the guild leader and one of the officers do run a ten man raiding team, membership in the guild does not guarantee you a spot in the raid.

Guild Story:

Many years ago, by order of Lady Sylvannas, a group was formed from amongst her most trusted. Their purpose was to aid the Royal Apothecary in understanding the weaknesses of the scourge. By gaining in-depth knowledge of their enemies, the apothecary believed they could create a plague to rid the lands of the scourge and thereby solidify their hold of Lordaeron.

The apothecary had given this as of yet uncreated plague the name of Noxilite (meaning “Dead of Night”). The group took up this name and vowed to hold it until their goal was met and the plague decimated the scourge. The members of Noxilite battled the scourge relentlessly while always passing along any new information they discovered to the apothecary.

They became masters at detecting even the subtlest details in their foes because any new bit of data could be the key to procuring the plague. For this reason they created a tabard with a watchful eye on the front. It meant to serve as a reminder of their goal and their duty to be ever mindful.

Noxilite grew strong. Only the most trust-worthy individuals were allowed in to the order of Noxilite, for the data could be easily sabotaged if placed in the wrong hands. Orcs, trolls and tauren soon joined the ranks as well. With the induction of members from the other races, came a greater understanding of the other threats in Azeroth, namely the centaur, murlocs, Burning Legion and most importantly the Alliance.

Noxilite has now turned its watchful gaze unto all the threats that infest Azeroth. But for now the threat of the Alliance has become the main focus. Their vicious attacks upon the horde and their internal corruption, makes them deadly enemies.

The members of Noxilite are loyal to each other and their cause. Fighting alongside each other for so long has fostered deep bonds of friendship. For many of the members, Noxilite has become the only family they have left upon the lands of Azeroth. Together they fight for each other.

Faction Rivalry Stance: See above. Most members of Noxilite see themselves mostly as defenders. There are more those who would eagerly seek more active particpation

We are seeking: People willing to engage in RP.

Hours of Operation: Weekday evenings and the weekends

Requirements: We RP. You should too. Prospective members should be willing to engage in RP conversations with any member and will be interviewed by the guild master. Fireproof is also good

People to contact: Ghaar, Keltyr, Corspilla, Davien, and Dorritow.
Edited by Corspilla on 9/6/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
1. Character name and title (if any):Dame Dorri'tow Firebloom

2. Character age (or age-equivalent, if need be): Young adult: approx 60

3. Character race and class: Sin'dorei Blood Knight

4. Character personality (keywords):Angry

5. Character views and goals:You need to be strong to get what you want. Being direct and honest is the only way to treat those you respect. There is no problem that cannot be solved with violence

6. Character strengths and flaws: Loyalty is hard won, but fierce when given. Not giving to lying or scheming. Did I mention she was Angry

7. Player focus: What type of roleplay do you enjoy? The only type of RP I don't enjoy is scripted, because I prefer to direct my own character, but some things work better with planning and some do not

8. Player availability: Pretty simple, when are you available in-game? If I am not in a dungeon or a raid. If you find me in game, strike up a conversation
Reply Quote
INDIVIDUALS

1. Character name and title: Allyriae of House Alyrion of Stormwind (formerly of Lordaeron)

2. Character age: Ally was born shortly after the First War, but well before her parents were killed in the Second War. (About 30, by most timeline accounts.)

3. Character race and class: Female Human Mage

4. Character personality: A bit of a chameleon. In the Court of Stormwind, reserved, refined, educated, and generally aristocratic. Outside of Court, much more of a free spirit, adventuresome, rough, and temperamental.

5. Character views and goals: Complicated, as is her past. She was taken to Stormwind at age six, after the death of her parents. She remained fiercely loyal to Lordaeron, even while living in Stormwind. After the destruction of her home kingdom, she was a lost soul, even while apprenticing under the mages of Stormwind, with hopes to someday join the Kirin Tor. To this day, she has divided loyalties. Publicly, she serves King Wrynn and the Alliance, as a friend, noble, and hero. In her heart, she still pines for the day when Lordaeron rises again. Known only to a few, she maintains her close association with the neutral Kirin Tor, despite being a hero of the Alliance.

6. Player focus: I used to do more spontaneous RP, but lately I stick with long narratives, shared between friends and guildies. My general rule, having been a Feathermoonie since release, is to respect RP even when I'm not in-character at all times. (Though I do try to keep all in-world tells reasonably in-character, while party and guild chat is out-of-character.)

7. Player availability: I'm online often, usually a few hours every night. I'm usually working on achievements, or finding something interesting that I've not yet done. I'm almost always happy to RP, though, either in-world or in writing.

8. Character strengths and flaws:

Flaws:

Ally can't wholly get away from her aristocratic background, and she still has a tendency to turn her nose up at non-humans she doesn't know, with the exception powerful faction leaders, and close friends of other races (which is a bit hypocritical). She's compassionate, but at an academic rather than personal level. She doesn't prefer to be in the middle of bloodshed if possible. She despises Orcs, who killed her parents, and Blood Elves, who she sees as traitors to the Alliance. She also, as a product of the nobility, seeks political power. Her close proximity to the King, as well as secret associations within the Kirin Tor, bolster her feelings of power and superiority.

Strengths:

She is, despite all weaknesses, compassionate if not empathetic. As worker of the arcane arts, she seeks to better understand the world, and all things in it. Despite her own anger at the Horde for their crimes against her people, she seeks to understand them, even so.

9. Player strengths and flaws:

Flaws:

I consider myself a bit of an amateur writer (I haven't really given it time for anything else), and while this isn't a flaw in and of itself, it means that I tend to RP with a narrative focus solely around my own characters. This used to get me into a bit of trouble in past freestyle RP situations (not WoW-related) where I'd write long narratives which ended up crafting more of the world than the game master had intended. I also try to avoid the infamous Mary Sue syndrome with my characters, but sometimes I just can't help, especially in the relatively light Warcraft universe, but to prop up my main character to be an epic hero and so forth.

Strengths:

In my opinion, the Warcraft lore is difficult to really role-play in. The story feels disjointed and haphazard, at times. Basically, anything goes, as long as it makes a good game. (I don't fault Blizzard for this. It's just the way it is.) I think this plays into a strength I have, though, and that's really being able to flesh out my characters and tell you all kinds of things, like who their parents where, what their beliefs are, what their attitudes are, what's their favorite color, and that sort of thing. It's the sort of detail in which the world's lore really starts to struggle to hold-up, but I think it also helps add depth to the world, and make it more tangible, such as it is.
Reply Quote
92 Human Hunter
1. Guild name: Order of the Rose

2. Horde or Alliance: Alliance

3. Guild focus: The Order of the Rose is an rp guild that uses /guild as well as its own channel for rp purposes, restricting ooc chatter to a channel created specifically for that. We have a few members who pvp occasionally, and we also have two raid groups, though raiding is not really a focus either. We are mainly a place to chat and rp with other people.

4. Guild theme: The Order of the Rose is a charity organization that ships supplies and provides services for those in need. Ongoing projects include support for the homeless in Westfall, helping Gilnean refugees find homes, and various other projects.

5. Faction Rivalry Stance: The Order of the Rose does not take an active part in the war as an organization, though its members are free to participate as they please. They are simply restricted from engaging the Horde everywhere but in certain designated territories.

6. We are seeking: Friendly, fun loving characters who wish to help provide aid to those who need it or would like to guard those who do provide aid. Must not mind somewhat goofy guild leaders.

7. Hours of Operation: The Rose is most active weekdays in the evening, and all weekend.

8. Requirements: The Order of the Rose's recruitment process on average lasts about 2 1/2 weeks. It involves gaining a sponsor from within the guild, followed by an interview and filling out an application, both of which will be discussed on our private message board as we try to get to know you. Provided no one is uncomfortable with the applicant, we will then give that person a quest to complete. Upon completion they will be accepted into the guild at the next Rose Meeting.

9. People to contact: Chelody (guild leader); Viridiant (recruitment officer); Hinote, Varenna, Shael (officers)

10. Website: http://www.fmroses.us/
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Wildfire Riders, Alliance

3. Guild focus: skullduggery, legitimate business, oath breaking, liquor sales and raising children.

4. Guild theme: The WFR started as a Mercenary band who went beyond blind loyalty in country and kings. We were interested in something more concrete: Money. There has been a marked change in the stance since Wrathgate--the bounds of the guild are more than just professional, and business opportunities are not just about adventuring.

5. Faction Rivalry Stance: As of this moment,there is no consistent opinion about the Rivalry re: the Horde. There are some old timers in the Riders who miss the old rivalry with the Order of the Rose...but that's a digression.

Some Riders are actively suing for peace. Other Riders would be more than willing to let Ashenvale and Gilneas burn to the ground just to ensure there was no more Horde. It is a testament to the professionalism and bond the Riders have as a guild that both sides are willing to work at the Peace Summit.

This space will change when MoP drops.

6. We are seeking: When we're gaming in the Pig, we're looking for people with good stories who aren't wallflowers or Arthas' secret love child with Sylvannus. We are always seeking foils for RP, rivalries and a chance to make fat cashh

7. Hours of Operation (all times server): 6:30pm Tuesday, 6:30 Pm thursday, 10-1 Saturday.

8. Requirements: We don't recruit. We contract out. People who are interested in joining the Riders typically look for a job. We give them a task. How that task is handled determines what occurs next. If people RP it up, awesome. If they don't, we give out more tasks.

We're slow to guild but quick to RP with.

9. People to contact:Tarquin, Annalea, Bricu, Threnn, Lorelli, Ulthanon, Delion and if you're brave enough, Chryste.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
1. Character name and title:
Name: Ocba (he has hidden his last name for ten thousand years, and no one else knows what it is.)
Titles: Freelance Bounty Hunter, Guildwatch Intelligence Agent

2. Character age (or age-equivalent, if need be):
Age since birth: 10654. Physical age: 576, equivalent body age of a 25 year old human.

3. Character race and class:
Kaldorei; Archery Marksman.

4. Character personality (keywords):
Introvert, Prideful, Loyal, Secretive, Honorable, Silver-Tongued.

5. Character views and goals:
Ocba is a difficult character to get along with. His closest friend and partner is a white tiger named Sargatogu. Ocba's only goal is to be the best bounty hunter on Azeroth, and he believes this impossible goal can be achieved by completing every bounty he is contracted. This bounty hunter trusts in the strength of the individual, seeing groups as being weaklings who survive in numbers, this causes him to view the general Horde as weak and incapable to fighting him in one on one combat. The only Horde to earn his trust and respect are Driftwood, Norlash, Kodamn, and Itza.

6. Character strengths and flaws:
Ocba's strength is his accuracy with a bow, his most recent motto, "Life is as valuble as an arrow to the heart", give enough example of this. His racial birth has also granted him with the keen skills of melding into shadows and listening for the incantations of healers, those of the Horde he hunts down first. Ocba has major social flaws, and when stuck in a social environment, he resorts to fake personalities and silver-tongues to get him out of situations.

7. Player focus:
I am mainly focused on having fun. Simply that. When concerning roleplaying, I see Ocba as a talking wallflower. Ocba will rarely approach RP openly (even though I no longer belong in any cliques), only because that's how I view a bounty hunter is. This tends to not get me much RP time, though, so coming MoP I am planning to open a few doors and trying to get more roleplaying time in.

8. Player availability:
I am -ALWAYS- in character, if I'm on and not in a raid/instance/battleground, I will RP with anyone who requests it of me.

9. Player strengths and flaws (as a roleplayer):
For strengths, I am a fast-paced RPer. I like my details, but I don't like taking an hour to type up five minutes of RP material. I am also a very learned Night elf lore keeper, ask me anything you need to know about Kaldorei lore and I will most likely know it. As for flaws, I sometimes type too fast, leaving no time for responses. I am also a lore correctionist, I know enough of other races' lore from doing all of WoW's quests to know when a person's RP is wrong, and I can never resist ignoring it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
1. Guild name: Farstriders

3. Guild focus: The Farstriders guild was primarily created as a blood-elf only, role-playing guild, and a place to soak in and enjoy the leveling experience. However, the breadth of the Farstriders (all two of us) can be found participating in the occasional pvp skirmish when the mood strikes.

4. Guild theme: The Farstriders are the remnants of an Elven legacy quickly abandoned following the aftermath of the disastrous ruin of Silvermoon during the Third War. The Magisters of Silvermoon now hold great sway over the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, and the Blood Knights have largely replaced the Farstriders as guardians of Silvermoon - classifying the rangers as 'obsolete'. While the influence of the Farstriders has greatly diminished, a handful of rangers continue to cling to the old ways, determined to return the Elves to their former glory. As such, the Farstriders regard the Magisters and the Blood Knights with a frosty contempt.

5. Faction Rivalry Stance: The Farstriders are a neutral party when it comes to the Horde and the Alliance, however through their affiliation with the Blood elves, they are officially allied with the Horde. Within the political realms of Silvermoon, they are largely distrustful of the Magisters and the Blood Knights - viewing them as a threat to the future of their people. With the ever increasing aggression of the Horde, the Farstriders wish to distance themselves from their affiliation with the Horde, if only to avoid a brutal war with the Alliance.

6. We are seeking: Mature blood elf roleplayers preferably. Originally this was meant as a hunter-only guild, though I am opening up to the thought of adding more classes. This guild is mostly tailored as an alt guild due to our relaxed hours and lack of structured guild events. Casual gamers, who have belf alts, and have no patience for gossip and drama are certainly welcome.

7. Hours of Operation: The weekdays are often around the realm of 5pm - 8 p.m. The weekends are generally up in the air, though we generally are the most active around 6pm - 10 p.m.

8. Requirements: No level requirements needed, in fact, traveling with new recruits and teaching them the Farstrider ways is a welcome change to the monotony of the daily grind.

9. People to contact: Tharalas will be the main point of contact. If I'm not online, mail me a letter if you'd like to introduce yourself. Or if you just feel like shooting the breeze.
Reply Quote
46 Worgen Warrior
Guild name: <Paper Roses>
Horde or Alliance: Alliance
Guild focus: Since we only just started, our focus is mainly on leveling. However, in the future I'd like that focus to shift to role-playing. Paper Roses is not intended to be a raiding guild, though members are more than welcome to raid with whomever they please.
Guild theme: P.R. was started with the intentions of being a coalition of ambassadors and emissaries, those who seek to reclaim their ancestral lands through negotiation and trade rather than war. I am, however, willing to adjust the motives of the guild based on majority preferences and member input.
Faction Rivalry Stance: None specifically. This may change over the course of time.
We are seeking: Anyone interested in role-playing, be they beginners or experienced. We'd prefer low level characters and/or alts, as we are still a low level guild.
Hours of Operation: I am most active after 2pm Server Time, though I do not expect members to adjust their schedules to mine, as I am rather flexible. Events will be planned and scheduled ahead of time to accommodate those involved.
Requirements: None, I only ask that people be civil and respectful.
People to contact: Percival, Handcannon (who is also my irl mate). My main is Ketryü (that's Alt 1 2 9 for the ü), so feel free to pester me on her too. I can also be contacted through the Facebook group <Paper Roses>. Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
1. Guild name: Sword and Quill
3. Guild focus: Role Play. That being said we've members who indulge in PvP, World PvP, and Raiding.
4. Guild theme: To remain a cohesive and loyal group with in the Horde. The original mission of the guild was simple. To handle all the tasks too important to be left undone but not important enough to demand immediate attention of the Faction and City Leaders. Over the years it's grown into the organization it is now. The Sword is the martial and more physical side of the guild. It is the Arm of the Quill. The Quill is the political, economic, and social side of the guild. It is the Law of the Sword.
5. Faction Rivalry Stance: For the Horde. There's a 50/40/10 shot if Alliance will be shot on sight, ignored, or spoken too.
6. We are seeking: Lore abiding Role Players of all races and classes.
7. Hours of Operation: Late Afternoon through Early Mornings are when most people are on. It's not uncommon to see one or two people on at any given time.
8. Requirements: An application and minimal commitment are required ((http://swordandquillfm.shivtr.com/ is where to apply, and level 10 is the minimum)).
9. People to contact: Pretts, Nyzara, and Iselian are our officers, although anybody online can either answer questions or direct those who are curious to the proper person.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Thanks for posting this! And so timely after I mentioned it, too. It's good to see this idea up and running. Also good to see that you de-bloated the guild descriptions, I was going to suggest that to make it cleaner to read. ;0)

Umbral Advent post to come.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Thanks for posting this! And so timely after I mentioned it, too. It's good to see this idea up and running. Also good to see that you de-bloated the guild descriptions, I was going to suggest that to make it cleaner to read. ;0)

Umbral Advent post to come.

Thanks! Yeah, I was putting up the full submissions, then the forum was all "5000 character limit, yo" so had to fix that.

If anyone knows any RP guilds in-game who don't frequent the forums, please pass along the request for them to check the thread.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
GUILDS
1. Guild name: Order of the White Tower
2. Horde or Alliance: Alliance
3. Guild focus: Roleplay, questing, 5 mans, and raiding in a more relaxed "casual" style
4. Guild theme: A group dedicated to the collecting and preservation of knowledge and wisdom, but has recently expanded its focus to serve as a watch tower and protector to those who cannot defend themselves.
5. Faction Rivalry Stance: The Tower has long seen it as a foolish rivalry, but opinions are growing more polarized under assault of Garrosh's war machine.
6. We are seeking: Recruits and interaction with other guilds.
7. Hours of Operation: Mostly 3-10 PM server time weekdays and throughout the day weekends
8. Requirements: We ask recruits be level 15 (65 for Death Knights) and have a basic knowledge of lore (though it can be downplayed IC). Characters should fit within Blizzard's lore (no lost cousins of Arthas, no dragon/elf offspring, etc) and need only meet with an officer to discuss their interest in joining the Tower IC.
9. People to contact: Faroth (Guild Leader), Catreya, Taseli
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would also like to note that there used to be a channel for the Roleplay Alliance where any who wished to interact IC was welcome to join. Multiple guilds used to make use of the channel and cross-guild RP was common. It was mostly approached as a gathering place like a tavern where adventurers were meeting and discussing, but communication through "buzz boxes" while out and about was allowed. The channel is still occasionally entered, but mostly empty, and can be found with /join rpa

I would highly encourage it be considered as an in-game resource for everyone looking to find RP again. The Roleplay Alliance of Feathermoon also had its own forum site: http://feathermoonrpa.proboards.com/index.cgi

I don't recall who established the RPA, but it was a lot of fun in BC and Wrath.
Edited by Faroth on 9/17/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
/bump...because I can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]