Will healers be treated badly again?

85 Draenei Shaman
I felt people at the beginning of Cata were actually more understanding than any other time.

Am I seriously the only one in here that thinks the majority of the playerbase is nice?

Do you happen to heal on any other class? Because at the start of cata paladins really had the advantage with holy light giving holy power with Tower of Radiance(which got nerfed). There are plenty of horror stories of groups kicking pretty much every other class saying they couldn't heal before the dungeon even started (especially priests).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

Do you happen to heal on any other class? Because at the start of cata paladins really had the advantage with holy light giving holy power with Tower of Radiance(which got nerfed). There are plenty of horror stories of groups kicking pretty much every other class saying they couldn't heal before the dungeon even started (especially priests).

Disc priest shields were very small at the start of cata :X

Holy Priests had some mana issues till they buffed holy concentration.

On, and the LFG buff was just 5%. They increased it later on to 5% per random person in the group to a total of 15%.
Edited by Craftydeer on 9/3/2012 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Disc priest shields were very small at the start of cata :X

Holy Priests had some mana issues till they buffed holy concentration.

On, and the LFG buff was just 5%. They increased it later on to 5% per random person in the group to a total of 15%.

She's saying that priests were especially targeted by players claiming they weren't able to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ugh, why did you have to bring back the horrible memories???

My priest got booted more times than I could count before they even made the first trash pull, and my gear was not shabby by any stretch, in fact I think I was overly cautious about entering 4.0 heroics.

My pally was mostly fine, but when I was ready to raid...the only other healers around were all other paladins >.< trying to do current-content bwl with 3 hpally was so fail.

My druid had mana issues. I didn't level my sham until later so I can't comment from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure there are some shammies around with horror stories to tell...

In my opinion, 4.0 healers were NOT truly equipped to do their jobs correctly. Thankfully they did make adjustments early on and fixed things up without making everyone wait for the firelands patch :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I played a warrior and a DK tank along with this guy at the start of Cata. I felt that tanking brought much more hate in the LFD circuit.

I fell back to heals for the first part of Cata b/c I got a lot less blame (not to say I didn't get any)

Even while healing I did run into those people that would pull entire rooms and blame me for not healing through it. Its just the culture of LFD.

Lots of un-familurized wow players. Take into account for the next month people will get used to heals being god like and then a sudden realization of hard heroics again. Just try and find some smart people to run with or turn chat off in LFD.

When the ex-pack hits there will be more players and shorter ques anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I didn't have this guy at 85 until after that. I mained my dk up until about 2 months before 4.1.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

Lots of un-familurized wow players. Take into account for the next month people will get used to heals being god like and then a sudden realization of hard heroics again. Just try and find some smart people to run with or turn chat off in LFD.

I'm RAF granting my monk to 80 when mop hits

I bet people are going to be like 'lol this guy raf'd his monk to 80 no idea how to play his class' when i try to do LFD at 90, so I think i'll just be running with my guild or trade chat pugs for the first month or two.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In fairness, about half the people I run into in heroics on the Beta are drooling idiots. It's still doable. Just rather painful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
ahh the good ol days raiding t11 in blues. talk about a stress test on mana man.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/03/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Ekiv
ahh the good ol days raiding t11 in blues. talk about a stress test on mana man.

To be honest, I found the raids themselves to be far less stressful than the 5 man heroic dungeons. Probably because I was raiding with friends.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I don't understand what put you off of healing so badly. As far as I knew, most people were walking in with the assumption that CC was pretty much required and that healers don't have that much longevity. Of course there were still some mouthbreathers, but that was the general knowledge of the playerbase at the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To be honest, I found the raids themselves to be far less stressful than the 5 man heroic dungeons. Probably because I was raiding with friends.

Hi Tiriel.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
09/03/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Craftydeer
I remember lots of healers at the start of cata in trade chat asking if they were supposed to cast 'holy light/heal/healing wave'.

The healer knowing what they are doing has nothing to do with the behavior of the rest of the group.

But as for the op's question probably yes. I was doing a grim batol last week I had already seen the healer was not great but valor helm, lfr shoulders at least they out gear the content. We boot the horrible tanks.(pally who refused to use righteous fury). Incoming tank has reasonable hp and gear. He double pulls 2 trash packs and then I laugh as I see him charge the next pack with guardian spirit up from the priest. Those 3 trash packs all die. He then grabs the next 2 packs, I am sure if it was melee mobs it would have been ok, But they do aoe thats hits the party and their is random cc, People die, healer dies,tank dies, I die with 1 mob left with 40% hp:( Tank rage quits.

Yes healers will pay for the groups mistakes again.

I don't let myself get treated bad. "WTF heals?" gets some kind of come back like

I had that so I linked a death log that showed the tank took 120k damage in 1.2 seconds after my last heal landing and got accused of faking the death log.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/03/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Røth
I don't understand what put you off of healing so badly. As far as I knew, most people were walking in with the assumption that CC was pretty much required and that healers don't have that much longevity. Of course there were still some mouthbreathers, but that was the general knowledge of the playerbase at the time.

You clearly were playing with a much different player set than most people at the opening of Cata.

Most people were NOT walking in with any thought about CC and most of the CCing classes who came up during WotLK didn't even know how to CC effectively.

Initial Cata dungeons before people really started out gearing them were a cluster of stupid and bad due to the mentality of WotLK. I can't even count how many times on my tank (started Cata on my warrior) where I was putting up marks and calling for CC and getting nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm pretty confident in my abilities to keep up sub par groups, I don't recall running into any grief at the beginning of Cataclysm. I little hectic, but no abuse. I understand this isn't the case for everyone.

Usually, if I noticed a potential problem or the group was sloppy enough to make me want to rage I simply left the group and requed. Chances are players who are that bad aren't about to listen to reason. I actually got A LOT of "I'm sorry" from DPS who died to the bad stuffs.

I'm sure a certain level of patience will be needed by everyone come the beginning of MoP. I find that even some healers can be over critical and obnoxious to tanks/DPS...so overall it will be a team effort.

But yeah, healers will probably be treated poorly, so will tanks and DPS. People will always pass the buck and place the blame if they're ignorant.
Edited by Maharei on 9/4/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
It was definitely the wrath mindset of groups. Everyone wanted to blow throw the dungeons as fast as possible. As a healer in the early stages of gearing this would put a lot of extra burden on them. There were plenty of times when I had no mana and people just kept pulling more and more.

The biggest problem though, was that they completely changed all the classes around right before cata. For myself I didn't really know what spells were the best to use in what situation anymore and I'm sure that it affected a lot of other people as well. This time around it's not going to be like that, so I'm thinking it will be a lot smoother.

Also anyone being a *#!* to a healer is just asking to die at some point during the run ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I can't believe someone posted about this. I think I am still tramatized from Cata's release lol.

I was a disc priest back then and had only hit 80 6 weeks before the launch of Cata. Flash Heal and Shield was all I knew. When Cata was released I had to learn how to REALLY heal without endless mana.

Needless to say I am worried about the same, but 2 years later...I am a much better healer overall so I think I will adapt. And if I have to take leveling a bit slower, so be it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/03/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Mayorbanks

Hi Tiriel.

MAYORBANKS! *hugs* hi! :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I just healed with my guildies. The times where I did heal LFD, it'd mostly be people who'd stand in the fire, die, and then blame me for not healing them.

So I usually just stay away from the hell of LFD (and LFR).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/03/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Jeln
This is one reason I'm glad I started playing about 2 weeks before the Cata launch day. I didn't get to experience the lazy Wrath-style healing, and I think it made me a better healer.

pretty much this... was at lvl 82 when i was asked to heal for my guild (all they needed was a tank heals to start raiding). so i made the switch then and have not looked back, loved every minute of getting by with the skin of my teeth
Edited by Jarshie on 9/4/2012 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]