[MoP] Compilation of the Black Harvest

24 Blood Elf Warlock
Outgear the encounter or wait for Blizz to make us a glyph...either way...a good quest line gone bad on the rewards side.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Outgear the encounter or wait for Blizz to make us a glyph...either way...a good quest line gone bad on the rewards side.

I don't see why everyone thinks it needs to be outgeared, I'm almost tempted to do it again to see how low I can drop my ilvl before it becomes unkillable if you can that is.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I think gear has very little to do with it, as long as you have a Purification potion. If you have enough time, and become good enough with the mechanics, you could theoretically do it, though it would be a little harder on the Felhunter stage. Gear level doesn't matter if you don't know how to control the Pit Lord well, or how to deal with Fel Hunters, or a variety of other things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Woot got green fire! Only took somewhere between 5 and 20 attempts (and maybe a few hours of watching guides on YouTube...)! 487 ilvl with only like 2 enchants. No food buff or flasks. Did it as Destro and did the Gateway-hopping strategy. I used the Pit Lord stun to kill the Felhunters. Green Metamorphosis looks awesome. :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Any plans on updating these guides for 5.2 and beyond?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Any plans on updating these guides for 5.2 and beyond?

Glad you asked. Long story short, guild problems (including a guild server/faction transfer) and IRL stuff stalled my initial plans to continuously update the guides. However, things have calmed down recently, so I plan on getting everything up to date and cleaned up some time after 5.3, and definitely before (and after) 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In execute phase, do I still save embers for back to back shadowburns with dark soul? I find myself mana-capping alot during this phase.

Also, if lust is on initial pull, is it better to pop DS and start chaos bolt with <4 embers, or wait for all the embers to be up before starting?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
In execute phase, do I still save embers for back to back shadowburns with dark soul? I find myself mana-capping alot during this phase.

Are you using RoF?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Would reforging mastery over crit be a large dps loss for destro?

I'm swapping between demo and destro (prefer demo when raiding but some fights just suck) and it's quite annoying to switch stats around constantly.

If masteyr isn't a huge dps hit I'd rather just swap over to mastery, seeing how crit isn't exactly the best stat for demo
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Would reforging mastery over crit be a large dps loss for destro?

I'm swapping between demo and destro (prefer demo when raiding but some fights just suck) and it's quite annoying to switch stats around constantly.

If masteyr isn't a huge dps hit I'd rather just swap over to mastery, seeing how crit isn't exactly the best stat for demo

Currently, mastery is Destro's top stat in t15 due to our set bonuses and the large number of AoE and cleave fights. Daerius has a very solid explanation here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728983032?page=1#5

edit: Of course, that's assuming PvE. For PvP I would assume that mastery is still at or near the top for higher burst damage and bigger Ember Tap heals.
Edited by Fallenbeast on 5/15/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
EDIT: I browse this thread for my lock, hit paste on another thread and it winds up here -.-
Edited by Gulder on 6/15/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I am sorry if you guys answered this 500 million times but I would like some advice directed at me if that is possible..
So I basically got everything down imps are a breeze fel hunters however still get me
I throw my pit commander beside the portal so the hunters dont eat the enslavement but I can barely scratch off 10% of their hp before somehow one of them quickly eat off the enslavement ending up in a wipe

any help would reward you a...
Best friend ;_;
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I am sorry if you guys answered this 500 million times but I would like some advice directed at me if that is possible..
So I basically got everything down imps are a breeze fel hunters however still get me
I throw my pit commander beside the portal so the hunters dont eat the enslavement but I can barely scratch off 10% of their hp before somehow one of them quickly eat off the enslavement ending up in a wipe

any help would reward you a...
Best friend ;_;

Yeah man, put the pitlord on one side of the gate and your self on the other. DO NOT MOVE AT ALL TILL THE DOGGIES DIE. If you do not move they will not turn and devour. Also you need to pop coolies on the doggies and havoc ...... you know what to do.

DO NOT MOVE. ;p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
DO NOT MOVE AT ALL TILL THE DOGGIES DIE

This right here. If you need to move for any reason, walk straight back. Any turning or side-to-side movement and they can swing around to your sides allowing them to see the Pit Lord.

I couldn't get the 'next to the gate' or 'behind the gate' strat to work. What I did was set the Pit Lord way over on the side, in the cubby between the pillar next to the gate and the last pillar. Then I used my demonic circle to teleport all the way over to the other side of the ring. They caught wind of the Pit Lord a few times, but mostly because I had to move in someway. Usually, because a seed went off on me and I got caught in a black hole.

Keep working at it until something sticks!
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
Question for Destro locks:

How important is it to keep RoF up on single target fights (on AoE fights I just pop it and spam Chaos Bolt OP LOL)?
Reply Quote
Can't wait until the next expansion when this quest will be cake. I can then be a cool kid. Nerf this quest Blizzard. Couple this with the nerfs to the warlock class in 5.4 and no one has any reason to want to play warlocks again. It will once again be the least played class across the board. Nice job overtuning an idiotic quest.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The "Gladiator Guide to Warlocks" thread has been deleted.

Anyone know why?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The "Gladiator Guide to Warlocks" thread has been deleted.

Anyone know why?

I believe that guy stopped playing. I am unsure why it was deleted, but some of the material had become outdated and that could be the reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Can't wait to get my green fire!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
So...

This thread's still horribly outdated.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/29/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]