MOP 8/8H Adult FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE recruiting

90 Troll Druid
www.hilymi.com

Hey guys. <Hit it like you mean it> is looking for a few adults to add to our 10m raiding roster. We utilize a flexible raid scheduling system which allows us, as adults, to put real life first while also being able to commit in a hardcore way to raiding. Basically what we do is this. Every week by Saturday, all members will enter into a spreadsheet their availability for the upcoming raid week, and how many days that week they can commit to. You can see the actual spreadsheet here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... SGc#gid=10

By Sunday evening, an officer will select who and what days we will be raiding the upcoming week, based off of everybody's availability.

Expectations-

Time Commitment
Part of the value of this flexible raid schedule is to respect people's familial commitments while keeping the commitments to one another to succeed in this game. For that to work out well, it means not wasting each other's time. This starts with everyone using the spreadsheet on time. It continues with knowing boss fights and your role before we step inside the raid. Finally, during the raid make sure you respect everyone's time by showing up before the raid starts, stay till it ends, be back before breaks are over and pay attention to raid leader's instructions the first time. If you are unclear on what needs to be done, ask before we pull.

Flexibility
For the flexible schedule to really work out well, it will require our players to be flexible in their classes and specs. Everyone, or almost everyone, should have 2 different roles/specs that they can perform just as well as they are expected to perform their main role. This means that hunters, warlocks, mages and rogues will be encouraged to roll and gear an alt, primarily on their own.

Mastery
Be it learning your off specs, updating your UI, or scouring WOL. Everyone has room to improve. Everyone should have a BURNING desire to improve and seek it out. We expect it and should expect it of one another.

Build a Knowledgebase
WE expect our tanks/healers/dps to perform like a world class tank/healing/dps team. We expect the members of each sub-team team to talk among one another, establishing strategies as a world class team. If we are ever to be on the forefront of progression, we need to be capable of establishing our own strategies, to break down encounters and build our own internal knowledge base on solving problems. Everyone should be excited after every raid on doing some kind of research before the next raid to solve some problem and figure out how we can do better at the next raid. If this means you look at your own parses on World of Logs or maybe look at what other guilds are doing or possibly even just looking at the incoming damage and doing calculations on what HPS we need to be to out heal the aoe damage of a given encounter. Whatever it takes, I expect everyone to be working as a team to figure it out. Don't rely on the officers, everyone needs to be working together to figure it out and doing so AGGRESSIVELY.

Gameface
If we were all serious all the time, it wouldn't be a game. With that said, people need to understand the difference between "screwing around time" and what we call "game face" time. Game face time should be the time in which you have 100% focus, you don't have TV's in the background distracting you, you aren't catching up on a TV series on Hulu on your second monitor, even your wife / kids understand that gameface time is focus time and you need to be "in the zone" to down a boss. Every single boss, even if it's a farm boss should receive that level of focus. Even if we are going back to old content to get achievements, you should have the same level of focus as if we were doing progression for the first time.

::see next post::
Edited by Yoink on 9/4/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ahead of the Curve
When class changes are coming, you should know about those class changes in advance and be ready to take day-1 actions to adjusting your spec, gear, or whatever is necessary to utilize the performance gains or minimize the performance losses when buffs / nerfs come to your class. Beta/test realms can be used to learn new class mechanics before they hit live. Similarly with expansions, you are expected to learn the content ahead of time and prepare to level quickly in accordance to the ready to raid goals as posted near expansion time. Each we will establish a ready to raid goal. In general, when a new tier hits, We strive to stay in lock step with the top 5-10 of the 10m guilds on the server. During heroic progression part of the tier, We strive to stay in the top 5.

Shared Accountability
For us to get better and better we need to hold each other accountable. Part of this is the expectation that anyone in the guild can "call you on" something you can improve upon and we all need to have thick enough skin to take constructive criticisms from our peers. What this doesn't give us a free opportunity to be *#@*s to one another, which is why we describe it as constructive criticism. Of course with accountability comes your duty to respond to that constructive criticism and do something about it. You can't just accept the criticism and never improve, you should take it upon yourself to make whatever changes are necessary to improve your abilities. Again, as long as people are improving, that's all we can ask. So expect to be held accountable and you should hold other people equally accountable. Without shared accountability, the offices have to be police and for us to be world class and agile we need to improve as a team.

Well, if you have read this far you must have some interest in our guild. Check us out or apply at our website, www.hilymi.com

Feel free to ask me any questions in game or hit me up on BattleTAG Yoink#1409
Edited by Yoink on 9/4/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
sounds kinky, count me in
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am very interested in joining. I have played since vanilla, unfourantly due to real life events and not having a decent computer i had to quit playing WoW. I am looking for a flexible raid schedule. Sadly, due to work and the time difference i dont get home till about 8:30 server time, i live in las vegas and work till 5:30p PST, so i get home about 6:30p PST, or 8:30 CST. I am very new to hitting 85 as i just restarted a new account last month so i am not very geared but i am looking into raiding again and getting more geared and learning this game. I am not the best player but i am definetly willing to learn. I do not have an offspec currently as i just hit 85 a few days ago but again that is something that can be worked on as well. Let me know if we might be a fit. I Am in Aspire currently due to the fact that my best friend in real life is in this guild, however i really have no place in this guild so i am looking for a better fit
Edited by Iluvjessica on 9/12/2012 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/12/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Iluvjessica
I am very interested in joining. I have played since vanilla, unfourantly due to real life events and not having a decent computer i had to quit playing WoW. I am looking for a flexible raid schedule. Sadly, due to work and the time difference i dont get home till about 8:30 server time, i live in las vegas and work till 5:30p PST, so i get home about 6:30p PST, or 8:30 CST. I am very new to hitting 85 as i just restarted a new account last month so i am not very geared but i am looking into raiding again and getting more geared and learning this game. I am not the best player but i am definetly willing to learn. I do not have an offspec currently as i just hit 85 a few days ago but again that is something that can be worked on as well. Let me know if we might be a fit. I Am in Aspire currently due to the fact that my best friend in real life is in this guild, however i really have no place in this guild so i am looking for a better fit

You are welcome to join if you like, however there would not be a spot here for you to raid. While our raid days are flexible, the days we do raid we start at 7-7:30 server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
thank you at any rate, i will continue the guild search! i would be in the same spot in your guild as i am in aspire currently.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Tank here im searching for guilds also by anychance have you noticed a trend on wat days u do raid.. i mean i couldnt open the excel spread sheet but im pretty sure u noticed a trend on wat days you do because as an MBA student my classes end only at 8:15 est or 7:15 cst and by the time i get home it takes 1 hr or 820 cst or d 920 est just thought to ask
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
From what I've noticed, our most common days by far tend to be Tues/Wed/Thursday with our least common being Friday/Sat/Sun with the occasional Monday.

I just realized that Yoink is a baddie and didn't even post our times on the main post, but we tend to start raids around 7-7:30 CST so our times may be a little inconvenient for you. :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]