"Duping" or "Duped" Items...?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
It seems that I'm out of the loop. Can someone explain to me what "duping" or a "duped" items is? I continue to see threads complaining about this.
Edited by Aenathas on 9/4/2012 1:08 PM PDT
25 Night Elf Druid
It is not possible to dupe items in WoW.

At all . Period.

What IS possible is to buy items that have come from compromised or exploited accounts.
85 Worgen Rogue
This isn't answering his question Thunder.

Dupe, or, Duping means to duplicate items. You get one item, and turn it into two.

For example, one Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger turns into another Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger.

The Deathcharger is all the rage with being 'duped'. I was victim to one, bought it, felt skeptical, reported it, got a refund through the kind representative, and was thanked.
14 Night Elf Hunter
there is no such thing as duped items in WoW.

its impossible to do.

don't listen to rumors.

when people see a lot of one item for sale they think "ZOMG push 11 for dupe"

when actually its just someones bank alt unloading their stuff at the end of the expansion.
25 Night Elf Druid
09/04/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Zxzas
This isn't answering his question Thunder.

Yeah it does, in its relevancy.

It's not possible to dupe items in WoW.
25 Night Elf Druid
I was victim to one

Not to a dupe.

You bought an item that was obtained illicitly by the seller.
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/04/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
I was victim to one

Not to a dupe.

Well, explain what the scam is, so people can have an idea of what to look for on this issue.
25 Night Elf Druid

Not to a dupe.

Well, explain what the scam is, so people can have an idea of what to look for on this issue.

Basically? If it's too good to be true it is.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489939701#4
Edited by Thunderwulf on 9/4/2012 1:24 PM PDT
14 Night Elf Hunter
The Deathcharger is all the rage with being 'duped'. I was victim to one, bought it, felt skeptical, reported it, got a refund through the kind representative, and was thanked.

what you bought was a deathcharger from a hacked account.

so yes it had to be removed.

many people saved up deathchargers as a hedge against gold inflatiion. and to also to buy something because of the gold cap. its not uncommon for rich AH players to have 10 or 12 magic chicken eggs or spectral tigers. because of the gold cap.

some hacked accounts could have up to 200 of them.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the response.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
09/04/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Aenathas

There is no scam, as it pertains to "duped" items. It's not possible.

But Thunderwulf explained it at the end of his post:

09/04/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
What IS possible is to buy items that have come from compromised or exploited accounts.
Support Forum Agent
As the others mentioned the term "duped" usually refers to the act of duplicating an item. It is commonly believed that a number of items, that are usually considered to be rare, are being "duped" and sold to other players.

While many of these items are certainly obtained by the compromise and exploitation of an account, the items themselves are not being "duped" by them.

It should be noted that the items can be sold by legitimate players as well as those who may have obtained them through illicit means. If you suspect someone of exploiting in some way, please use the right click report feature using the "cheating" category, so the matter can be looked into.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]