Archaeology: Skill ups after 500

100 Night Elf Druid
The easy fix would have been let archeology level up normal until 525. Then after 525 you gain one skill up per common pandarian solve and 3 per rare pandarian solve.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm up to 10-15 solves before I get a point since 510 now (on my hunter). Plain Awful, I don't even really like the profession, just doing it as a check the box kinda thing but they should fix this. Its a huge time vacuum and debilitating as far as the game goes. I cant even get a point on rare/epic solves.

Amazing they'll do a hot fix for stupid !@#$ like "Talents can no longer be removed if they are currently on cooldown" when ti doesn't impact game play or anything for that matter but they won't ensure professions are acting correctly. 1 point after 15 solves IS NOT acting correctly whether or not its intended.

Also, I've gotten maybe 10-20 keystones the entire time I've been leveling, this cant be intended/correct.
Edited by Steelreign on 9/16/2012 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
It was a personal goal to max all profs before Mists. I only had arch to go and got smacked by this very painful nerf.

Anyway, there's no such thing as being "stuck" — you just need to be very patient, haha. At one point I solved 3 rares with NO skill up :O It took me about 5 hours straight from level 510-525.

Good luck if you plan to get to 525 before Mists. Doable, just devote an entire day for the last stretch. :s
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm trying to get some cata zone digsites to spawn, and havent had any luck. Do I really have to dink around with old world crap and hope to get lucky? or is there a better way to spawn a digsite in the cata zones?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
at least with reg profs you get real bonuses. this is just extra unneeded garbage for a prof that doesn't give you much in the first place
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
I know all MoP trade skills start at 500. It is shame that this popped up now. The few things I notice in Beta, look like not enough time finish cleaning out all the bugs before it went live. There is a fraction that use archaeology for a daily.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
More than anything, all this does is punish someone for trying to do this near an expansion.
Reply Quote
Also having this problem, but still planning to cap. (Mostly because I don't have anything better to do xD)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oh my freaking crying, you should have tried doing archaeology at the beginning of the expansion, with about half the digs per site, much fewer shards, and solving every artifact didn't reduce those sites from spawning still.

525 doesn't give you anything but an achievement, and unless you only care about that and not the artifacts then you're going to be digging up a hell of a lot more sites than what makes you hit 525.

God damn.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The grind from 500 to 525 is certainly harsh, I wonder if this change is intended.
I have 2 characters that are at max in Arch.
When I open the map and look at Pandaria on them I can see dig sites on them so I assume 525 is required as my third character is at 523 and can not see any sites.
I am on day 2 trying to get points from 500 to max, I can do up to 11 digs to get a skill point and rare digs make no difference.
The only good thing from this horrible grind is my next Tolvir will be the mount. Silver lining perhaps but still painful.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It was a personal goal to max all profs before Mists. I only had arch to go and got smacked by this very painful nerf.

Anyway, there's no such thing as being "stuck" — you just need to be very patient, haha. At one point I solved 3 rares with NO skill up :O It took me about 5 hours straight from level 510-525.

Good luck if you plan to get to 525 before Mists. Doable, just devote an entire day for the last stretch. :s

Same - but will wait for MoP now - don't have the time to do the 5x grind by tomorrow :(
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Ran across this tonight. I was trying to do a last push to get my arch to 525 before MoP comes out in a few hours, but after reading this, I'll just wait.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
im not seeing any sites in pandaria at 515 arch which sucks. i guess i have to go back to old world and get those painful last 10 points.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I too am not seeing any digsites in Pandaria with 515 in Archaeology even though I have trained for Zen master. I don't really want to spend my time grinding those last 10 levels in the old world when I should be out adventuring in the new. I wish Blizzard would post to this thread and provide some guidance for what a number of people seem to be experiencing.
Reply Quote
Oh my freaking crying, you should have tried doing archaeology at the beginning of the expansion, with about half the digs per site, much fewer shards, and solving every artifact didn't reduce those sites from spawning still.

525 doesn't give you anything but an achievement, and unless you only care about that and not the artifacts then you're going to be digging up a hell of a lot more sites than what makes you hit 525.

God damn.

When I was a kid I had to walk to school uphill, in the snow, without shoes....

Yes it used to be worse, now it's better. So I guess Everyone should be happy with a brain punching grind eh?

What 525 actually gives you is access to Pandaria digsites, not just an achievement. God forbid people not wanting to have to solve 60 damn artifacts when they hit 520 just so we can participate in Pandaria archaeology.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
After hitting 90 I was like "What the heck, I'll finish leveling up my archaeology starting from level 515" 4hrs later and 2 rares completed I am at 519. I opened up a trouble ticket and was told that this is currently what was intended. Now I am at 5 rares completed 6hrs later and at 524. Oh and not a single skill up from a rare. not even the 150 artifact ones and I did two of them. I submitted a suggestion though to maybe help those who are stuck at the 500-525 grind. If the devs even consider it is up in the air. Though I do suggest all of you who are frustrated submit an in game suggestion and let the devs know that this is just too painfully slow.
Edited by Posts on 9/29/2012 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I have been stuck on 518 for Hours.... no even Cata finds are giving me points now.... WTF???? how do I get to 525 so I can start archeology in MoP????
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]