5.4 PVP Stat Guide

90 Tauren Paladin
Awesome. Totally awesome.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
02/11/2014 10:57 PMPosted by Chilupiana
-The latest season's PVP gear is generally the best gear for instanced PVP, however in world PVP players with heroic raiding gear will have an advantage.

so casually mentioned ...lol...dealbreaker.

It actually isn't the case anymore, the new Prideful gear is a much better match against PVE gear out in the world. I am working on a guide update to reflect that, as well as the changes in resil scaling. Ill get it out asap but right now all my time is being consumed working on the Armageddon tournament. Sorry for the delay folks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/10/2014 07:48 AMPosted by Eldacar
[quote="116727275118"]

Why still 85? Why
Edited by Socklo0534CD on 3/17/2014 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
03/17/2014 11:16 AMPosted by Socklo0534CD
03/10/2014 07:48 AMPosted by Eldacar
[quote="116727275118"]

Why still 85? Why

I stopped playing my paladin during Mists, my DK is my main now. I continue to post on my paladin for the sake of consistency, I don't want to change names on the forums.
Edited by Eldacar on 3/17/2014 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
pvp is easy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for this excellent guide. I have a question. You state that in general, gemming primary stats is better for damage and healing than pvp power. Why is that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
How does pvp gear on Timeless work as far as DPS against npcs not real players? Will I be able to kill npcs such as the snakes and turtles with pretty good DPS or should I just change out to my pve set for this which is a pain at times?

Thank you.
Edited by Shadowcloak on 4/4/2014 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Bulscu
Thanks for this excellent guide. I have a question. You state that in general, gemming primary stats is better for damage and healing than pvp power. Why is that?

It is just the math.

For my Wrath spell, the damage formula (including Leather specialization, but ignoring Arcane Intellect and the crit bonus from Intellect) is

(2930 +Int*1.34*1.05)*(1+PvPPower/40000)*(Other stuff)

At my gear level (22k int on gear, 18k PvPPower), adding 80 Int increments that formula by 0.33%, while adding 80 PvPPower increases it by only 0.14%.

There are other Int multipliers that I may have temporarily (like Arcane Int), and also Int provides some crit.

For most of what I do, the math favors int, and I suspect the same is true for you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I write PVP focused guides and do everything I can to help the PVP community grow and prosper, which is why I wrote this PVP Stats Guide.

Help the pvp community stop the bots.
Edited by Sindjinn on 7/11/2014 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/04/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Shadowcloak
How does pvp gear on Timeless work as far as DPS against npcs not real players? Will I be able to kill npcs such as the snakes and turtles with pretty good DPS or should I just change out to my pve set for this which is a pain at times?

Thank you.

The only difference between PvP and PvE gear is the additional PvP Power which is not part of the items stat allocation. So it's going to depend on the iLvl of the 2 gear sets you are comparing.

PvP gear will work against a mob or a target dummy just as well as PvE gear of the same iLvl will.

What you might want to change out is gems/enchants and trinkets for something more useful than a CC break like a proc/use effect.

What will also change is your probably not (and should not be!) hit/expertise capped for enemies above level 90, and timeless is full of lvl 91-93 elites.

Provided you don't have PvP power gems or resilience on the equipment you are PvEing with using a higher iLvl PvP piece will be better stats wise.

_________________________________________________________________________________
A few related suggestions on Gearing:

PvP gear requires no praying to the RNG gods, and no spending of your 1k valor cap on upgrading flex gear (allowing you to stockpile valor up to the 3k limit ready to upgrade the better items you'll have in 3 weeks time). 550 PvP gear is better than 2x upgraded Flex gear.

522 PvP gear on the other hand is considerably weaker than 528iLvl LFR gear, however it is considerably stronger than the Timeless Ilse token gear for both PvP and PvE, and can be choosen to fill slots you don't have Timeless Ilse Gear for and meet LFR/Flex iLvl requirements.

Since you need to hit 496 to meet entry requirements for SoO LFR your options are ToT LfR, Timeless Ilse, PvP gear, or spending Valor on a couple 522 items, but since you can only acquire Valor at 1k per week this is not really an option. So PvP gear gives you the highest iLvl and thus fastest entry to PvE currently, especially considering there is no weekly cap on Honor or Conquest for all intensive purposes. Getting your 550 weapon that used to take 3 weeks of capping Conquest can now be done in an afternoon if you grind it out in 2's with someone already geared.

You can get honor by doing PvE content (JP conversion), which is generally faster than Battlegrounds however battlegrounds have the side bonus of awarding conquest. By the time you are in 522 you'll probably be close or over half way to a 550 weapon, finish of the CQ with a couple Yolo BGs or 2's at this point and you'll have a weapon and 2 slots of gear you won't upgrade before SoO normal.
Edited by Matholden on 7/11/2014 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Generally speaking, for instanced PvP, am I better off keeping my PvE gear scaled down to 540 or grabbing some 522 PvP gear?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/05/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Danemyrr
Generally speaking, for instanced PvP, am I better off keeping my PvE gear scaled down to 540 or grabbing some 522 PvP gear?

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
IMO BG/ rate/ Arena/ World/ no point anymore.. its a gank fest now with these changes
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]